FansProject Protector photo update!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by adamthered, Apr 19, 2010.

1. AMG

AMG Old School

Looking at this kind of makes me want to go buy classics Hot Rod.

2. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

Holy crap, that looks good. It may not look like Rodimus Prime, but he got bigger and better and that's all I need. Right now, he looks ridiculously small standing next to Mirage and Sideswipe.
    I FREAKIN' LOVE the etched out flame wings, even on the legs. Please make his pipes a sexy chromish silver.
    Finally some decent pictures, can I preorder already, come on now!

3. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

wow! thats cool!

4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just like with Defender and their Magnus armor - not liking it. Not much detail, too roughly done arms or legs. It just doesn't fit with the Classics line for me, looks more like some KO toy. Just look at the plainness of the trailer's side - they could have made the huge hot rod exhaust pipes as separate pieces, that'd have improved the toy, because the molded in two small pipes look just sad. The only saving grace I see is that unlike Magnus, this one doesn't have a huge amount of kibble to be tucked away as an oversized gun...

It still bugs me how the makers of the incredibly detailed and engineered Bruticus limbs did come out with such blocky/chunky things like this Rodimus or the new Springer... It's almost as if those were done by another team. Easy pass for me - Titanium Rodimus works very well as a Classics/Universe Rodimus for me, anyway.

We do have a Classics Galvatron already, despite the downsizing it is a pretty good toy IMHO. But if you want a larger sized Galvy - as do I - you can use Superlink or Energon Galvatron. It is a plane now, but in robot mode he is a perfect update of the G1 Galvatron.

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I am, of course, aware of Classics Galvatron. What I insinuated was that FP could do an upgrade kit to make Classics Galvatron bigger like Hot Rod with the Protector armor, it would be awesome, but I assume you wouldn't approve since you don't seem to like these products by FP.

6. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

looking at that image, the problem seems to be that the old arms are pushing the spoiler back if the arms were not in the way the spoiler would be more visible. still it could do with a spoiler extension piece

7. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Looks great!

8. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not quite "OMG HOW DID THEY DO THAT!?!" City Commander/Defender awesome, but still a very cool piece. I'll definitely preorder one.

9. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I think you can still old Roddy's elbows down so they wouldnt obstruct the spoilers that much. But I dunno.

I'm happy that's its an awesomely articulated version of Roddy, but I still think I'll make Defender my priority.

10. ryu hayabusha

ryu hayabusha Well-Known Member

this is from there box art, who does that look like to you in the right upper corner ????

Attached Files:

11. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At the time this poster was made, there were no plans to make a Galvatron, nor was the shadow included to be a teaser for a Galvatron figure or upgrade by FP. Same with the Rumble/Frenzy clone in the Shadow Commander panel. Hes just a random civilian bot.

12. tarZen

tarZen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thigh vs leg proportion is ridiculous, and the "battle station" is a mess.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Also, hoping this is not crazily priced...:cry :

14. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    goddamn, watch hot rods prices on ebay now!!!

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Heh. I love how everyone really wants FansProject to do a Galvatron. Actually, I wouldn't mind one either to be frank... I've currently got Superlink Galvatron G as my Galvatron (I only collect Classics or Classics aesthetic figures), but that guy's so expensive currently on the after market (and I paid a pretty penny for mine two years ago) that he just isn't an option for some. I won't go into Classics/Henkei Galvatron as he's just a mess (so much promise ruined by the fact they had to downgrade him from an intended Voyager to a Deluxe!). Which is a shame.

Anyways, on the note of those of us desiring FansProject to do some Decepticon inspired characters... weren't they talking about doing Pharaohtron (the villain from the City Commander pack in comic)? I think they mentioned it around the time they showed off the artwork for Defender, Collector, the Unnamed Triple Changer, Protector and the Ice Age inspired combiner. I vaguely remember it getting mentioned, but was wondering if any new news has come of it. Honestly, he looked cool enough (and a rather original idea to boot!) that I wouldn't mind getting a figure of him.

16. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    I thought the Crossfire toys WERE made by another team? We know the Aerialbot upgrade was...

17. ladimus prime

ladimus prime Well-Known Member

just got titanium rodimus, he looks better than this and probably costs about ten times less. a definate miss for me

18. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Actually, I'm going to go out on a wing right now and say I am disappointed. Sure it beefs him up a bit but it only makes him slightly taller, and to me, it's not the Hot Rod -> Rodimus Prime upgrade I was hoping for. I just couldn't fathom spending upwards of US$80 on.... that. I've never been able to afford City Commander, so I haven't bothered, but perhaps sometime I will bother to afford one, because it looks fantastic. This on the other hand, not so much, which is disappointing, considering how much I was looking forward to it.

19. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

Starscream at his coronation?

20. oldtimer48

oldtimer48 Finish It Now!

I have to say that I like these Custom add ons that are being done!!!