FansProject Powered Commander Re-release!!!!!! New Chrome Detail

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Red leader, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFCON Semi-Exclusive PC..Nice

2. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I see it like the Botcon Seekers, I said YAY for my friends when the Henkei's came out for two reasons, one TakTom didn't make them exactly the same MOLD they changed em, and two because my friends could get them but SO COULD I because they were different. A paint app change is unacceptable to me. A NEW paint app (PM PRIME) would be acceptable and a remold would be acceptable.

Haha, funny. He is doing the logical thing. I don't worry about money, its on his mind 24-7. I would be an asshole to make him pay up. I said "I understand man", got mad, and the anger is going somewhere.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Like i said earlier, these molds for big projects (like PC or their newer full figures coming) are very expensive. I think the FP guy at Tfcon told me in the 100s of thousands.

they look like this:
    [​IMG]

And I doubt any company "destroys" these a few weeks after making them.

4. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Hell, Blue Meanie. If you're upset about your friend not wanting to pay the $170 for the TFCon Powered Commander, just sell it to me for that price instead lol. I'd gladly buy it once I get paid.

And there's another thing about the TFCon Powered Commander that you all have neglected to mention: the case with the Energon "sandwiches." That's yet another thing that can separate this repaint from the TFCon version. Will this Henkei version come with it? I've seen no mention of it yet.

5. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do feel bad for those who bought this guy at a markup, but i can't help but be glad to have the chance to get this guy. I had no luck getting anyone that could grab me one for cost, and really couldn't afford to grab this guy for the aftermarket cost, not if i still wanted to make it to botcon (as it is i'm trading boxset for room right now).

They must have already been produced by the time tfcon came around, so it's possible they weren't lying when they said that the mold was broken by then.

Either way though, i still apprectiate FP, and everything they're doing, and will be grabbing this guy the moment he's available.

6. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel bad now for the people who went to TFCon. For those that want to sell their PC, I'm willing to buy... at cost ;) . PM Me.

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow didn't they say Powered Commander was only be at TFCon? Man changing the colours a bit and making it mass market that's just lame I'm sorry and I feel sad for those who paid crazy prices for it on ebay

*might very well be getting one*

8. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Another example:

9. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah almost every member who went to the show asked them a variation of the question: "are you going to make this a mass release," "are you going to rerelease CC", "will you be making another color scheme in the future," etc.

Each of these fans was lied to, even when FP was seeing some spending money on multiple PCs for later sales. It's a dick move because they went back on everything they stated about being by fans for fans.

Exactly. I'm not angry for the armor being rereleased. I am ticked at how sneakily they went around to do it.

Read the quote below and FR already stated before that the armor's are not cast.

10. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think its harsh to say they are sneaky, the info only came out this morning and it may well be a Japanese show exclusive, I should know more tomorrow morning if others dont find out before me.

11. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Don't know man, after telling people it was show only and then that interview speech about not being about money, laaaaaaaaame. haha, its kinda glaring.

12. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I got mine in trade for the original price (well once I get it) so Im not worried in terms of value but I dont like FPs behaviour. They should have been up front about their plans. They could also have waited 6 months or more if they weren't going to announce before hand.

This just seems bad business. No way I'm going after any kind of exclusive from them again and frankly its put me off buying anything from.

As for the seekers that was a different company releasing them and it was a full year or more later and they were still an exclusive (even if not as exclusive).

13. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol  It's the Botcon jets all over again.

You really don't understand anything, do you?

Sure it might be easy for Hasbro to go out and buy a new Wheeljack but when you factor in the cost of making a new mold (it would have to have die-cast parts) and that it would need to be a store exclusive since the last time they offered the Commemorative series no one but TRU in the US (correct me if I'm wrong) picked them up, plus the fact that the line wasn't very successful all factors into being a not very profitable venture.

And also the original molds would have suffered degradation during the original run and keeping them about would be pointless so therefore the molds would be destroyed to save space.

But I forget, any time you post reason and sense go out of the window.

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    at best I'd say its degraded a little not broken and I'd say with some TLC they could be reused. Also given how many units Hasbro pump out I don't think FP's moulds will fall apart after say 10,000 toys (maybe even half that).

IMO it just sounds like their trying to manipulate their value by controlling the flow of toys on the market by releasing PC their bringing its price down while the news of the broken mould will push up the over all value of the toys... Or maybe I'm just thinking about this the wrong way. Maybe it is broken but fixable and right now their efforts are in Springer and Roddie

15. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and.....in what part of that quote did he say that?

16. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Honestly I'm not TOO choked. at $150 CDN, which includes admission, Powered Convoy didn't cost much more than he would have as a normal release anyway.

Look at it this way: People SCREAMED when FansProject released this as an exclusive. "OMG FansProject WE HATE YOU!!"

Now, seeing how insane the demand is, they're trying to make the fans happy by releasing a 'Henkei' release. And they get "OMG FansProject WE HATE YOU!!"

If Powered Commander had been $200 or $300 and NOT included $50 worth of admission to the con, I'd be more upset, but he didn't. I'm just happy my set matches up with my Classics Optimus. It's still a better value than the Botcon set :p 

I think the people who are most pissed off are the scalpers. Oh noes! No 200% markup!

17. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly, that's why I stand behind by opinion on them being sneaky about it. If they release anymore info (like Red Leader wrote) explaining why they decided to release this "new" CC variation and it's not BS I'll be the first to retract my statement.

Uhhhhh....I never wrote that it was in that quote:

18. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Hmm, might get this...maybe

19. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:

You know what I would actually find funny....is that because everyone kept on asking them if this was going to be a wide release later on....they probably did so because there was a demand and originally did not intend to make any more at all.

20. Transfan2

Transfan2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can agree with you on that because it seems like if an exclusive gets released somewhere else (even with a few changes), seems like..stuff happens (and that's how I put it).

For example, I have Botcon Thundercracker and I liked him & when I heard the release of its Henkei counterpart...I didn't mind since it gave other people a chance to get him and I liked him too so I also got him (which I think to me was really worth it).

I say as long as you enjoy the toy itself, that's what in my opinion counts.

-TF2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.