FansProject Powered Commander Re-release!!!!!! New Chrome Detail

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Red leader, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I love that this thread starts to die out, and the "I'm mature look at me" (LOL), and "get over it crowd" runs in with a can of gasoline to start it up again, and then tells everyone to grow up again. Just have to get your opinion in don't ya, even though dozens of people said the exact same thing huindreds of posts ago.

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Added to your statements. Didn't erase anything. (Edited it a little for clarification and added point 1c)

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hate to burst your bubble but that's the TFCon toy that's even classics prime in the picture it just has note showing what's going to change.

in all likely hood it will look different just given the nature of the changes needed to make the silver lines meet up with those of the cab. Also looking back on the posts from red leader (the only guy here to really posts facts) they are mixing it up a bit more

plus the new item will be lacking his lunch box of doom so in some ways the tfcon is the "premium" edition

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Speculation will get you nowhere.
    2. Those pictures may not be final anymore.
    3. "Benefit of the doubt", and "innocent until proven guilty".

5. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I was referring to the following picture... Left: Henkei PC. Right: TFcon PC.

Can't you see I'm just trying to help make this thread 100-page long? :) 

Attached Files:

• HPC.jpg
      HPC.jpg
      File size:
      268.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    QFMFT

and the ONE picture we've seen is definitely the end all be all picture, right? there's absolutely no way that they'll change anything from that ONE picture we've seen. i mean, its ONE picture, it must be the final product...

also, i'm starting to want the TFCon PC just because of all the drama surrounding it now...and i definitely won't buy the henkei since its chromed, cuz i hate chrome...

7. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    They should relabel the TFcon version "Internet Drama Version".

8. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for the pic.

well its a tad different as they changed the tones to match the henkei toy but the stripes don't match up so I'd be tempted to say its a test of the chrome

looks cool BTW and I suppose as some one who only owns the classics prime it works out well for me.

Also if I were the guy at TFcon who got this "exclusive" I'd be on the phone asap and looking over the contracts (their must of been some)

also price wise it seems that its going to work out the same as the TFcon toy so I dunno if I did own a TFcon toy I would not fell ripped off just let down (and that might not be at the fault of FP depending on the agreement)

and just to add man FP must be lovin all this hype. I bet this is sold out in a day

ps one more step to 100

9. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

This

10. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Word. What's the prize for the 1000th post.

I say we go back and charge $1 for everyone who's posted in this thread and $0.25 for everyone who's lurked. We'll then take this ~$2000 to FP and ask them to make us a LD powered-up commander.

11. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Shattered Glass prime needs a conversion suit. Maybe they can make one exclusive for TFCC and have them pay all the production costs, and then instead of destroying the molds, they can run an extra thousand pieces and turn around and re-release it as HENKEI Motormaster?

12. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I once told Genzhao I didn't like the look of Shattered Glass Prime, but tell you what, if a trailer with a few original accessories was to be made for him (like they did for SC), I would probably get one. Can you imagine a purple trailer with a huge "'TIL ALL ARE GONE" on it? That'd be awesome.

13. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Hell, I gotta leave this thread. Orion pax, you should leave with me. Let the thread die till they make a statement. Make your Statement with your wallet. My opinion about the situation I shall sum up in one statement "Don't f#@k wit my money"

I'm out

[​IMG]

14. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But. . .will it come with a suitcase?

No wait, it's Motormaster so they'll have to replace the suitcase with a sword.

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    *shock*

Wow. Some actual information there. Interesting... so this case may be more similar to the Botcon Seekers than originally expected. IE: You'll still have to pay a high cost to get this item once you factor in shipping and such.

To be fair... yes we have. When the first official pics of Shadow Commander were posted on BBTS (the first place we even found out that he was being mass released *I happen to remember as I actually broke that news*) the pics of Shadow Commander didn't show the new head and the sword was cast in black instead of the reddish-pinkish color it ended up being.

The only difference here is that BBTS is an official (and reputable) retailer whom posted ahead of time that there would be known running changes. 4chan is not and would not know if any changes were being made.

Now, I'm not saying that anymore changes will be made to Powered Commander (we only know what we've heard through third parties and nothing straight from the horses mouth yet), but we don't know one way or another at this point and the first official images of Shadow Commander do give precedence for them to make changes after the first official images have surfaced.

16. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

The problem I have with this is simple: I drive 9 hours from Brooklyn to Toronto thinking I'm getting an exclusive to TFCON Powered Convoy. EXCLUSIVE...not to be released to the general public. I know I'm going to get a lot of backlash for that because some people can't afford the exclusive prices or can attened the convention or whatever, but I enjoy exclusive items.

I don't collect exclusive items for re-sale (although I have done some scalping :scalper ) I collect them because they are supposed to be a limited number of them and that makes it much more cooler.

I wasn't pissed off when Henkei released TC, Dirge, and Thrust because I know I have the original ones and minus TC, Dirge and Thrust look somewhat different (and worse IMO).

Like I said, the problem i have with this one is that we were told there was only supposed to be 500 produced and it was exclusive to TFCON. Now Fans Project goes and produces more with added chrome, it just seems cheesy to me.

17. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    I go by what FP posted on the first day (I think it was march 1st).
    It clearly says it is a [TFCon exclusive Ver.]
    There is only one PC and that is the one that is shown as demo at TFCon 08.
    Any thing painted differently or detailed added will be some other version for other occasions. These version stuff is like Target exclusives and/or Toys'r'us exclusives. You could go above that as getting a WonderFestival exclusive in japan. No more, no less.
    To my understanding the info for the japanese version is out in japan for months and no one took that seriously. When the preorder was up and running a day before the convension took place nobody cares to dig it up.
    now when someone got the late news and everybody start complaining about not being informed.

I don't know why the japanese fans or shops always have to get these fan-based item INDIRECTLY from the north american shops. And I DO think the japanese DOES deserve to have something special for their own and now it is their turn for that.

18. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    ^ QFT. I'm happy to be able to get a Powered Convoy at a reasonable price.

19. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Think of the jacked up shipping charges you can include due to the weight of the paper this thread is going to use. Are you going to get everyone to autograph the printout? Think of the exclusivity then!

20. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I'm gonna lol if this is a KO produced product and not being done by FP at all....

EDIT: NM.. official message on the fp site kinda kills that notion. FansProject

Here is the whole darn thing. Key points that I noticed I have bolded:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.