FansProject Powered Commander Re-release!!!!!! New Chrome Detail

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Red leader, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I recall thinking that was strange when I first saw the poster, but didn't make anything of it at the time. Curious.

2. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got two City Commanders, two Shadow Commanders and one (soon to be two) Powered Commander. If the Henkei version actually does get released, I'll probably get two of those as well. It's the pac-rat inside of me, lol.

Do people honestly...HONESTLY believe that "ethics" have anything to do with this? First and foremost, it's a business. From what was reported at TFCon, FansProjects has a VERY ambitious schedule for their future releases, and the only way any of that is getting done is if they have the monetary capital to see things through.

Yes, it seems to be a bit shady IF this Henkei version comes to fruition, but in the end I really think it's for the greater good of the overall line.

3. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:

You are the master of disguise how will we ever find you? plus we cant catch you on your swap skier pulled by huskies lol!!!

4. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have had him in my sights for months now. I'll pull the trigger whenever he gets something I really want..........

5. hugh_da_man

hugh_da_man Member

1. Yeah I'm commenting on the 4chan pic. I've seen a lot of FansProject prototype pics in the past so who knows if this is really the final or if they chromed a TFCon commander as a proof of concept? I don't know and I haven't been able to find out for sure if this is the final product.
    2. Yep he's representing FP and he wrote a statement about the reaction in this thread and commented on some of the concerns brought up in this thread. It doesn't mean they still don't get a chance to put together a group statement on the subject. Who knows, maybe they'll cancel it? No one knows so to get so upset about it now seems like a waste. They really do care about what the fans think, I don't think they expected this kind of a reaction to them making toys for fans.
    3. I have no idea about the price yet. All I know is that the TFCon one was marked up significantly more after the fact than the ones they sell to BBTS and other stores. That and there seems to be a price for some pre-orders but I haven't seen it come up for pre-order at a domestic site yet (link me if you got one).

I'm not trying to argue. You just stated two things as facts and I wanted to throw in there that we are all still kind of in the dark until we see official pictures and hear FP's final statement.

6. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rolleyes2  It seems process and Venks reposted the pic I'm talking about. What's funny is if you had actually read my posts you wouldn't actually be arguing with me :eek:  Guess you should start reading those 70 pages right?

And where did I state that it was concluded? Honestly what are you even arguing about?

7. Backstop

News Credits:

So it will be like the new Gijoe Resolute episode were Zartan gets shot? lol...

8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    agreed, thats what I keep saying

9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Wait, if you didn't preregister, you had to pay full price for the con and then $160 for PC on top of that? That is steep.

I'm ignoring the extra money for the people who bought more than on PC.

10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

11. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Yeah! So hopefully we won't get the Rodimus armor. Or Springer. Or Wreck-Gar.

Suck it fans! :rolleyes2 

I don't think much would happen anyway. Other than possibly BBTS, etc. no longer selling the products. Ebay, here we come!

12. TM2 D-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't state them as facts, I simply quoted the info already presented as proof as to why some people are pissed ;) 

By the way I haven't crucified them either, just like I've stated since the start I don't like the way the went about doing the rerelease. They made a blunder and they should handle it right away before it keeps blowing out of proportion.

I repeat my position, to make myself clear:

1. I am a repeat FP customer and own all armor variations.
    2. I have the G3 trailer on preorder.
    3. I will buy this PC Henkei armor when he's available.
    4. I do not condone the way FP has taken the decision to make the Henkei PC, and I believe they owe the fans an explanation.
    5. I do not approve of the way they handled themselves with TF Con or fans there.

BTW I don't "believe" in exclusives. I just bought PC because I like the armor, plain and simple.

13. TM2 D-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

Yeah and by the next page someone else will be asking why people are pissed at FP :cry 

14. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    What's the absolute record for the number of pages in a single N&R thread?

15. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Hey DrillBIT, thanks for the info. Can you post links to some of the sites taking preorders? I guess this also means the Henkei Powered Commander is limited to Japan retailers only? Not a wide release as originally claimed...?

16. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Here are my numbered points:
    • α This thread is ridiculous.
    • ß No seriously, you guys are taking this shit way too seriously.
    • Γ Take a break from your computers and drink some warm milk.
    • Δ Take a nap and rest your brains.
    • Ε Go outside and look at the stars.

17. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:

18. Backstop

News Credits:
    I dont care about if we get that stuff or not, ya nothing will happen as the fans have no impact on a company. as that is why RSP is in the shithole broke and no funding for projects!

19. hugh_da_man

hugh_da_man Member

It sounded to me like you were stating them as indisputable facts. I apologize if I misunderstood your intent but that was the way I saw it.

I'm indifferent about the re-release because I don't think they ever intended for people to get this upset. In their minds they are making armor for henkei Prime and they worked their asses off to make the exclusive TFCon armor for classics Prime. I think if they knew that people would get this upset they wouldn't have done it.

I appreciate your position and I'm not intending to argue with you. You're one of the most reasonable people in this thread so I hope you didn't take offence to any of my comments.

I think they owe the fans an explanation as well. They need to clarify what exactly happened and get pictures out with that explanation as well. I'm hoping that the final product is different enough to end all the craziness and get FP back on track to making their new products.

20. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I think as a bonus item for my TFcon PC auction, I will print all 100 pages of this thread and tape them to the box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.