FansProject Powered Commander Re-release!!!!!! New Chrome Detail

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Red leader, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I always did like the armor; I may have to think about this. :) 

I wonder if he will include the sword?

2. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like jive to me!!! I call bullsquirts until we get a conformation from FP themselves.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    bastards! I had respect for FP and one of the main reasons I went to TFcon was for this figure, which it looks like I could have gotten delivered to me by ordering one online? Well, I still have an "extra" I might sell on ebay, better get that quick, or wait for this to be confirmed as "rumor"...

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm taking this with a grain of salt until we get confirmation from FP. If it's true, SEX.

5. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    ya they/we just got ripped off

still like the commander sets, but thinking less of fansproject now

6. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Deep down, I'm sure that we all saw this coming. I lost a little respect for fansproject.

7. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I heard rumors they were planning to do this. Guess it's coming true.

8. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Allow me to be the voice of reason for a moment...

Everything in any collecting hobby is worthless until someone comes along to purchase it. At that point it's worth precisely what the buyer is willing to pay. That being said, none of us can be angry when we buy something at the spur of the moment thinking it'll be worth beaucoup bucks, then find out it isn't quite so limited as we thought.

The same rationale holds true every day when someone buys a prerelease toy for 400% markup, and the toy comes out weeks later. I don't see[the majority of] those folks getting mad.

9. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    So people paid $150+ for an inferior deco and 2 TFcon stickers. Awesome!

What would people say if Hasbro was to release all Botcon toys released to date?

10. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The TFCON will still be limited. This is slight different enough to separate the two. Even thou it is a sticker and some chrome.

11. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    The point of PC being an exclusive was to make the TFcon trailer THE trailer for Prime, not just ONE version of it.

12. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

I still have tremendous respect for FP. They are giving fans what they have asked for which is a powered convoy armor set. If people payed 400 dollars for a convention exclusive that sold for a much cheaper price originally then that was the buyers choice. The items are not identical and so no one got "screwed".

I for one am relieved that they are making a wide release powered convoy set, I wasn't about to pay 400 bucks for the Canadian exclusive one. They are putting chrome on this one to top it off which makes it even more desirable imo.

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With slightly different decos? I'd say, "Good. Now I can leave the others in the box, and have the new ones out for display!"
    Now, if I'd paid scalper-rific prices, I'd be kicking myself, but that's my fault for paying hundreds of dollars for repaints/ remolds of $10 toys.

Oh, and I'd finally be able to get a Botcon 2006 Megatron. Yea!

14. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

They have, all botcon figures were released at mass retail at one point or another with different colors and or minor remolds. The Botcon seekers are for the most part just variations of classics Starscream and Ramjet.

The Japanese version of the Canadian armor is a repaint and maybe even remold of accessories for mass release.

15. Darth Grimlock

Darth Grimlock Banned

Ebay:
    It's the prinicple about things. They stated at TFCon to more then one person that the mold was broken after the casting of the TFCon Powered Commander. Man this just burns me badly after getting hyped about other projects and now this slap in the face.

16. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Who's to say they didn't cast many thousands of THIS one, prior to casting the TFcon one, prior to breaking the mold :D 

17. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Can you direct me to a store that sold or is currently selling '06 Botcon Primal and Megatron? Oh, I need an Alpha Trion too.

18. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

the mould broken? im sorry are some people here just being idiots? Hasbro may feed this bullshit to alot of people but ANY caster here will tell you its EASY to make a new mould! all you need is 1 of the finalised toys (IE City Commander) and then you just RE-CAST it...

i cant belive some people think if a mould is destroyed that = no more of that figure.

if hasbro pulled there finger out and got a G1 complete c9 wheeljack AFA ect off ebay then we could ALL have a reissue of the toy because they could simply recast it.

Im suprised some people are having a go at FP, WHO CARES! they gave us ULTRA MAGNUS! BE THANKFUL! Hasbro and Takara DIDNT give us this!
    If they wana do a Henkei version for Henkei Convoy then i say good luck to them because this will probably be the last time we see this mould EVER ....well unless they do those weird ass grey/green colors Magnus had in the G1 cartoon 'the killing jar' but i cant see that happening any time soon

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I already use my PC with the head piece off and Henkei Prime as Powermaster Optimus Prime and it looks fantastic with the original PMOP rifles. Looks SO nice with TRU Darkwind and Botcon Dreadwind!

I don't know what chromed thighs would add to the look, so I'll pass.

20. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Before everyone starts Damning FansProject "OMG they are releasing the Convention exclusive Powered Commander". Lets see if this is confirmed or not by them. Also maybe this is going to be another exclusive release for another convention as well. Remember to if this version is mass released it will be changed to match the Henkei Convoy with chrome and maybe new stripes, and who knows he may not come with the exact same accessories as the TFCON version as well. Anyway just be happy that FansProject are making these great kits for all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.