Fansproject Lost-Exo Realm Columpio and Drepan (Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ki1983ng, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 Transformers Fan Since 1984

I'm so glad I bailed on the FansToys dinos. I'll be much happier with these and PX's versions. The PX ones will go in with my Classics and the FP ones will be facing off against MMC's Preds.

2. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I know that price is determined by a lot more than just mass, but considering the size of several other things selling for around $100, Campy and Drepan seem like they are pretty reasonably priced.

I think these look great, but I agree it would look cool if one of the sets tried that "details under transparent" look.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just ordered the regular release from The Chosen Prime. If I like him enough to get the others, then that'll be two different 3rd party Dinobots I'll be getting.

My gf is gonna kill me.:lol 

4. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    TFCon exclusive belongs to the Diaclone shelf with Powered Commander (and or DIA Commander).

Regular 5 (or 6) will go to the Formers shelf.

Problem solved.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anyone that has this guy happens to have one of the new IGear Seekers, could you please take a pic of the two side by side?

6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do we have a teaser image for the entire set? Not sure If I want to commit to buy unless I know the entire plan for these figures.

7. Vinter

Vinter Well-Known Member

8. Formerfan

Formerfan Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this. I think this was a major miscalculation on FP's part. Having seen how much of a champion the brilliant chrome gold looks, I don't think I can settle for the 3rd-place downgrade to the flat almost-bronze color. It's almost like the regular release is trying to homage the 2007 "animated" series dinobot toy colors instead of G1.

I know some people still might have problems with FPcore site, but my hope is that the chrome versions will eventually at least be released as FPCore exclusives, sort of like the virus versions of the Function-X line. But then that would infuriate all of the people who bought the earlier regular version (see Unique Toys Mania-King, for reference). Like I said, a major miscalculation on FP's part.

9. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Can someone point out where they see this picture of Columpio next to MP Grimlock?

10. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Look for my pics, I got them displayed together. ;) 

11. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    Go back to page 59 or 58. It was posted by member zfarsh

12. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The red and gold are great on the exclusive, comparing to the regular release, it makes that look cheap in comparison. wish this one came with the targetmaster weapon too, but i'm happy with it.

13. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Just as counterpoint... I totally disagree. I saw the photos of the limited edition before I realized they were not the main release and said, "Eeew! Well, I can skip this then!" And was subsequently pleased to learn that super-shiny was only the limited version. I always feel the chrome looks gaudy and cheap, which has been the big issue that has kept me from buying any of the AoE Grimlocks thus far.

On an expensive toy, it becomes more of an issue... as plastic decays, chrome grows increasingly fragile, minor wear and tear become more and more visible, and eventually it crumbles and flakes away. That's fine for a children's toy where a decade of use is the exception, but for a high-end collectible, I expect it to look good on the shelf in two decades, rather than flaking apart like most of my Beast Wars stuff.

So while obviously some people love the shine, but there are also those of us out here who find it distasteful. Hopefully they'll have other limited editions so those who love chrome can get to make a matched set, but personally I'm happy that the gleaming chrome is not the direction they took for the main releases.

14. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    More then fair counterpoint. But I do have to say I have some really old chromed out G1 Dinobots and the chrome is still looking great on them.

So I think YMMV.

15. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two decades?

Man, in two decades I'll be close to 60. Transformers will probably be the last thing on my mind.

16. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more.

17. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thinking of dropping quantron to put those funds towards these guys, they just look too good to pass up.

18. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

I know its just opinions, but I'm really disappointed in the normal version vs the exclusive. I think I'm going to end up passing on these, since I'm sure the exclusive will be ridiculously expensive on the secondary market.

19. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So are the Lost Exo Realm part of the Crystallon Horde? (Wild and instinctual, adaptable to your environment.)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  20. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

this is how i feel to. i was very excited until that news...