Fansproject Insecticons delayed

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tanafor, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who cares? We'll get them when we get them.

2. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

+1

3. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Don't bother me the more time they take over them the better all 3 paid for so just the waiting game now :D 

4. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Sorry, it says June 30, and they posted it on June 29th when they launched fansprojectcore.com. That's my mistake. It STILL says it right here.

Not the end of the world, but bad business.

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

you cant rush these guys. they make good products. This is normal for them.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Guess you are pretty new to FP stuff Bill, they never hit their dates, never give much of an update. It is expected. It has been that way since CC first release. It is the same for damn near every one of these 3rd party projects. I still have the bludgeon head on pre-order and it originally said may, igear stuff takes forever. Hell, people had exo-suit Spike (or whatever it was) in their preorders for so long they forgot it was there.

Don't really care what date they give, it will get here when it gets here.

7. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Nice to know at least the wallets can rest easy for awhile intil spending begins. I might get them because in my crazy ass mind I think these are upgrades, but still stay the same as the old G1 selves, but maybe less hungry for energon, but more of stealth and battle. IDK its a wip.

8. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

these look awesome. im sure it will be worth the wait. i just picked up munitioner and explorer this month instead. : )

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    More time to save money :) 

10. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Like I keep sayin', I understand not hitting dates. In my line of work dates have to move all the time, I totally get that. I'm not butthurt that the thing isn't in my hands. I'm actually a pretty patient guy.

The point is that it's unprofessional to post a date (during a fairly hyped redesign of their website) which was the next day and then let it pass without a word. They didn't know on Wednesday that a product wasn't going to ship on Thursday? That's quite a sudden disaster! It's not like they live on neptune and have to update their website via space-pigeon. It's the internet. They don't have to personally email me explaining to me why the thing isn't out, I'm asking for their own website not to contain incorrect information. The date is still there. They've actually posted new stuff to the website since then (hyping this very product), so I have a hard time thinking some calamity struck.

"I guess you must be new" isn't a reason. Yes, I'm obviously sort of new around here. Bad business is bad business. They're the gold standard in 3rd party TFs and I expect better. This isn't some shady company we should feel weird about dealing with. I want it to be the company that we can point to and say "Has/Tak, more this please."

My problem is it doesn't seem like an honest mistake to me. It seems like a cynical ploy to drive up preorders. I'm not cancelling my preorder over it, but it's something I thought was worth mentioning. If others don't consider it interesting, I withdraw my complaint.

11. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

dont sweat it you make valid points.

12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    What I am saying is that hardly any of them give updates (if any) on missed dates. Yes they lauched their site the day before their expected release and probably shouldn't have given a date one day later on it. But if you had followed FP throughout their time, they are slow about updating any information, and posts from vendors is usually how we get the best updates on expected product. Should they go a different route about announcing delays then just feeding it through the retailers, probably. But is it worth flipping out in paragraph after paragraph, post after post. If you go dig up any of the threads from their previous releases, you will see people complaining about similar stuff.

My "new" comment is in regards to the fact that they have done this time after time after time, and it is what is to be expected of them. It may not have been the day before, but very similar situations where they have not provided us with the actual updates. It really isn't a deal breaker if they don't update their site. Sure it would be nice, but they have never been great at keeping us posted anyway. Updates just kind of trickle in, and for the most part, the good stuff is either shown at conventions or through other channels such as the retailers.

Edit: With all the hype with both classic related stuff, and FP stuff, do you really think they need to use a cynical ploy for anything. Chalk it up to the way they have always run things. Hopefully the core site is a step in a different direction, but only time will tell.

13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    While your point is well-taken in regards to this being standard operating procedure for them. Continuing to complain about it is pointless, especially when I'm voting "yea" with my wallet. My words can only mean so much in light of that. However:

With all due respect, $1000 worth of 3rd party toys are being solicited for 2nd half of 2011. I absolutely do believe it's worth their (lack of) time to manipulate people into locking in their preorders, especially if they fear that this will ship AFTER Exgraver.

14. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    good i needs the money