FansProject G3 Trailer Stealth Mode Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TM2 D-bot, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This right here. The reason why FansProject can make such awesome stuff is because they have no constraints. If Hasbro were to have anything to do with them there'd be so many limits to anything they come up with they wouldn't be anywhere near as awesome as they are right now.

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    That's actually pretty neat.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It actually took me a minuet to get the concept behind this. I was like: "Stealth mode, huh? So why would Prime's trailer need a stealth mo-Oooh!....That's clever.

It's seriously one of those things that makes you go: "Why didn't I think of that?"

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So Prime is just a hack magician then? That just ruins it for me for life..

5. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I had already pre-ordered this as soon as I saw it on TFSource. With this addition of the Stealth mode, I am absolutely amazed at the ingenuity and thought put into something so simple as a trailer... a freaking trailer!!!!!

I am soooooo gonna be FanProjects bitch from now on (I already have City Commander (Ultra Magnus) and Shadow Commander (Scourge), bring on Protector (Rodimus), Defender (Springer), Collector (Wreckgar), and anything else they feel like making (man I even love these names)).

I am incredibly impressed by them and the quality of their work.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad I already had this pre ordered, this makes it even sweeter.

7. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol  That's awesome, I never would have thought of them doing something like that. Not going to get it b/c if the price plus I have no real place to put it, but still an outstanding job:thumb 

8. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I love ideas like this: deceivingly simple yet undeniably brilliant. After reading their interview over @ Seibertron where they said that they managed to do away with the subspace nonsense while still explaining the 'disappearance', and now seeing what they were talking about... I'm in complete awe. I was already sold on this thing when I saw how they gave Roller his own little storage bay and generally modified the interior instead of just doing another boring G1 recreation, but this additional gimmick just put it over the top. 100% pre-ordered & bought.

9. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Great, FansProject just made me their biatch for life. It's not like it's not bad enough getting Hasbro's stuff, select Takara stuff, Botcon/Other convention exclusive stuff and filling in the holes in my collection from Ebay. Now THIS!!? Seriously, these guys are awesome. I'm going to have to be very selective on what I get from the ROTF line to save up for these guys. You'd think Takara/Hasbro, seeing FP's success, could start a limited release line of specialty items like these for adult collectors to be released online...wait, what am I saying...never mind, I couldn't afford it, please disregard that last part.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i asked them what the panels were for, and the guy got very excited and took it out of the display case to show me, seen you checking it out as well, ingenious work, and very interesting take on the disappearing trailer

11. PB379

PB379 Autobot

Very cleverly done!

12. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Any updates on the production number? :inquisiti 

Last we heard that "This piece will be much more limited than the City Commander set!"

13. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha ha this really cracked me up man! :lol 

Otherwise another impressive job from FP.

14. WarMachine73

WarMachine73 Well-Known Member

Mirage probably knew where the trailer was the whole time and just wasn't saying anything. Hell, he was probably IN the trailer which is WHY he wasn't saying anything.
    It's always awsome to see how something so simple in concept and execution can be so overlooked for so long and then have mind-blowing results once it is finally employed.
    Fansproject Rocks and Hasbro...just...got...SERVED!!!:rock 

15. TinManA.H.

TinManA.H. Artificial Hero

Hmmm...so, it turns into a vanity for the Autobots an that makes it worth 80 bucks?
    J/K - that is a funny joke to make the trailer "vanish", but I would have been sold if the trailer turned into something useful, like armor. I never liked the original trailer, it never did anything. Now, if that Roller actually transforms into a little bot, then I will have to buy one. Otherwise, it's just abig chunk of plastic that will get put in storage with all the other non-armor based trailers. But, FP, you guys absolutely rock with the Ultra Magnus armor and the new figures you've previewed!!

16. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    That's awesome beyond words!

17. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Awesome. At first I thought this was some limited run version of the FP trailer, but no, its a feature on the standard FP trailer?

Man I'm so glad I already preordered this a week ago, the day the TFsource preorder came up.

I can't wait.

18. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Just wow! Already in my pile o loot, but this makes me even more happy that I preordered.

19. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering what the production number was for City Commander, the G3 trailer should be easy to get as long as you preorder. City Commander was still easy to get once it was in stock at most retailers, but did eventually sell out.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    finally.... and this is a pretty cool idea. I'm curious what the material is they're using. Wonder if it's like a chrome foil or something. Clearly it's quite reflective, whatever it is. love it.