Fansproject Function-X4 Sigma L (Mindwipe)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by archieboy, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This guy arrived yesterday he's so cool! I'll see his he looks with the scythe from one of the Jia Qi bots that should arrive soon too.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 1
  2. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I bought on impulse because of those gorgeous purple wings and cool bat head... but then remembered I don't collect Decepticons, doh!

Anyway, I'm selling him on Ebay

• Like Like x 1
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Just put a Autobot logo on his chest and pretend.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, but I would know ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    1WP

• Like Like x 1
  6. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Really like this guy, though recently a problem came up: his hip ratchets have loosened. I though about changing their alignment, but can't get to them, as one of the screws is covered with a plastic peg that seems to be glued in. But he's still pretty posable, though it takes some extra effort to make sure he doesn't lean back.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 5

• Like Like x 5
  7. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice photos. My shoulder joints were a bit, whoever has him next might need to put a coat of Pledge on.

Definitely their best Decepticon.

• Like Like x 3
  8. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I polished them up with floor polish, hold up like a charm! :) 

9. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I decided not to keep mine (and stick to collecting Autobots) but he's not shifting, no takers?

10. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I think interest in the Function-X line kind of died down with no sign of a Hardhead to complete the core Autobots, competition from Titans Returns, and a general shift in 3P (collectors and companies alike) toward MP-style figures. I was really into the line after Chromedome and Brainstorm, but I never even bothered to pick up their Highbrow.

11. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    True, true.. the Takara LG line, RIP, was particularly good (currently awaiting Topspin and Twintwist from Kapow)

12. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool to see this dude getting some love still! I still love mine.. you can get him for like $40 these days. Definitely worth every penny!

I think i got mine for $60ish if i recall correctly.. and he was worth it then too...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Honestly, Titans shoudn't have been a competition. Fansproject released Code in 2012, Robin and UUUU in 2013. If they had kept up two new moulds per year they would've finished long before Titans was ever announced. They just slowed down and stopped. The entire company did.

Agree with the rest. Actually, I think it's worse. I think Fansproject lost touch with what the fans wanted. Not just not going for MP, because I think there's still a viable market for 3P CHUG, but even for CHUG their figures fell short. In case of the function X line, quite literally: they always were on the short side and should've been voyagers from the start. Plus they are expensive for what you get.

I still love Code and Smart Robin -- transformed them both today by coincidence and still marvel at the engineering. UUUU I also really love. Those haven't been replaced by Titans nor MP (although their diminituve size is now even more an issue in my collection). Sigma was the first time that I felt completely disinterested when I got the figure. The transformation wasn't that special and the robot mode was hindered by the wings being attached to his arms. Wish I hadn't bought him and if I had known about the Titan, I definitely wouldn't have. Crox...at the time he was the nail in the coffin, but I kind like him more and more.

But truth be told, I regret almost every FP figure I've ever bought within weeks after getting it. Those first three Fx figures are the exception (and due to lack of alternative, so are the deluxe bugs). City commander, Roadbuster, the regular bugs, warcry/flameblast, the other function X...I really wish I hadn't bought them.

14. LordOfNothing

LordOfNothing Member

So I just got this boy today, and I almost immediately encountered a problem. So I lifted the visor, and now I can't get it down. It feels like there's a clearance issue, but I don't seem to be able to see what it is. I've tried forcing it as hard as I feel comfortable doing so, but it remains stuck in the position for the headmaster's robot mode. Any ideas on fixing it?

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  15. Apocalyptic

Apocalyptic Just Another Strange One.

You pull it up/out on a little slider inside the hinge before rotating it down.. You're lucky you didn't break that thing after trying to force it...,Considering it's small and also clear plastic.. Hope this helps? 20180516_043414-1.jpg

16. LordOfNothing

LordOfNothing Member

Oh, thanks. that was exactly what I was doing wrong.

17. Apocalyptic

Apocalyptic Just Another Strange One.

You're welcome. Yeah, it's an easy thing to miss though..

18. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got this guy from a board member... so good :D 

Initially I thought the TR Headmasters would form the core of my headmaster collection... so glad I changed my mind. Five out of eight of the group are 3p, and three of those are Function-X figures!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the FP Headmasters are on my shelf. I didn't even bother with the Hastak ones. I used the Generations Hardhead with the Headrobots upgrade for that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also use the HeadRobots upgraded hardhead!

TW infinitor and swamper help round out my TR chromedome and Brainstorm. I just prefer the Hasbro aesthetic on these 2. I’m loving the variety of sizes I’ve got going as well.

• Like Like x 2