fansproject explorers loose hips problems?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Oct 9, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

anyone else here got the same problem with explorer?

the guys hips were lose right out of the box not real dangly loose but lose to the point that as bruticus's right arm the hips could not hold a fixed position if i wanted to set bruticus lower right arm up with it foulded out in front at the elbow like he was gonna shake your hand

whenever i would try to set blast off up like that with the 2 art gun set up in bruticus right hand the lower arm would always droop straight down at tblast offs hip joints

i tried fixig it with a tiny amoutn of super glue and it looke d like that ifxed the problem after a while but eventually the friction based wear ad ttear just compltely ruined blast offs ball socket hips to the point they just twisted right off over time.

any one else here have the same problem?

the only decent solution i found over time was to salvage a set of ball jointed shoulders from energon swindle the off road dune buggy scout figure.

Image:Cybertron-toy Swindle.JPG - Transformers Wiki

it waas 4 simple steps but the last step was especially nerve wracking as i have never had to do this kind of replacement part transplant before as improviesd custom work on the fly goes

i had to take apart energon swindles upper body and remove the steel pins from his balljoineted shoulder flap parts . then i had to wittle down the plastic plate the pegged balljointed shoulders were attached to because they were a single molded piece.

2. i had to take apart blast offs lower waist groin parts and fill in the hollow insides with sculpey

3. i had to drill a centered hole through the reassembled lower waist from one side to the other

lastly i had to pop the shoulder pegged ball jointes into place inside of blast offs socket jointed upper legs/hips

while making sure all the parts still line up properly for vehicel mode

lastly i had to epoxy glue the stalk pegged shoulder ball joints i had salvaged from energon swindle into place on each side of the drilled hole in blastoffs reassembled lower waist to set them up as replacement ball jointed hips for blast off while making sure that all the parts could stil lfit together properly for vehicle mode i could not check that last part until the glue had set for a full days time just to make sure the new parts were fused into place good and proper

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why didn't you just put some nail polish, superglue, or that future floor stuff on the ball joints to tighten them up instead of all the unnecessary kit bashing?

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i tried using the super glue and all it did was work for a time then it would scrape off and over time i would have to apply it again until eventually it just added so much friction making the jointed hips tight to turn and eventally the ball joints just fell right off thier pegs.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^I'd try using future floor polish next time you have a loose ball joint. Whenever I use superglue it ends up making things worse because it practically destroys and mushes up all the plastic around it.

5. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    I use superglue to fix this all the time and it works without fail. You only need to use a little, put it on the ball, reattach the socket, rotate and move around thoroughly, remove socket and let dry.

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

blastoffs' hips are the only set of parts i have had to replace over time when it comes to fansprojects add on sets for classics bruticus maximus

over time i also had to salvage parts from the misisle pod shoulder blox add on parts and usethem and the bodies of two classics superion maximus stealth jet figures to build the new missile pod shoulder bloxs from

the original set of shoulder blox add on parts ground down thier ratchet joint clip piece from friction over time and since the two superion jet bot figures had a much tighter set of combiner socket prots with ratchet joints i just put 2 and 2 toghether and used parts from both the jet bot bodies and the original missile pod shoulder bloxs to make a better set of replacement shoulder blox misile pods with

the replacement missile pods/shoudler blox arent pretty to say the least but they get the job done and work like a charm and the ratchet joints in the shoulder bloxs are real tight all the parts come together all right when i use the new shoudler blox/missile pods to attach blast off and vortex to buritucs for his arms in combiner mode

i have also had to completely replace the combiner socket portin swindles backpack using the torso body of a superion maximus a-10 warthog leg lib figure for its combiner socket port. but swindle can stil lcombine properly as bruticus's lower right leg

as soon ias i get my pcc heavytread delivered in the mail i am going to salvage my classics bruticus brawls upper body and combiner socket prot and mod them into the back of heavyreads tank form so that way hjeavytread can serve as brawl and bruticus lower left tank leg .

7. noisemaze75

noisemaze75 Well-Known Member

ive found that nail polish works really well...and it doesnt seem to eat at the plastic like superglue does...

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea, I use nail polish on quite a few of the buruticus maximus joints in my sets. I've never had to apply more than once unless my coat wasn't thick enough.

Genozaur - You're doing some unnecessary stuff man. I think if you asked next time, you'd save yourself a lot of this effort.

Also, as a request, please post some pictures next time.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TJ, imagine a pile of broken shards of plastic, and you won't be far off

10. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I've noticed FP tends to use plastic that doesn't take super glue very well.