FansProject Exclusive Kar Krash and LER-01 Columpio (G2 Breakdown & Diaclone Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Matty, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here.

If they want to make this Breakdown a special carded release just for TFCon while making the set in a boring box as a retail release, that works for me.

Releasing all five members as exclusives at five different shows would be awful.

I just want to own the damn things. I've been waiting for a G2 combiner and it'd be unfortunate to see something like this be a pain in the ass to complete due to secondary market prices and/or rarity.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The back of the box lists all the KOs of FansProject toys. It also says Kar Krash combines with "5" other robots? So is that a typo, or are there 6 of them?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any word if LER-01 will be made available after the con? Some mention that the G2 might be available later on in the above posts, but nothing on LER-01.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Okay, I just did a quick check. Something is fishy here. The original release of these toys have "Causality", "Crossfire", and "Car Crash" spelled with a 'C'. These all have them spelled with a 'K' and a bunch of pronounced 'O's.

Are these actually made by FansProject or have their molds been KO'd? This reeks of KOToys and their "KOLD" line.

5. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They seem to be distributed by FansProject rep at TFcon, so they are legit. They seem to be making light of all the KOs of their products that have come out.

6. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    I'll be honest, I grew up during G2, so it has a lot more pull on me than the G1 version. MOF I'd take a set of the G2 Lost Exo Realm over the G1 Decos any day.

Brilliant!

7. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    I wasn't given any more info than that they will make the whole G2 set...sorry...

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Yep, for me G2 started right as I started having a job and disposable income. It was the first line I ever saw where I said 'I'm going to buy the whole set' and was able to start at the beginning with Ramjet and Sideswipe. I got promoted to store manager and sent to ToyFair the year of the cancelled G2 and remember seeing them in person, handling them, and placing orders for the whole line that would later be cancelled. Those pieces all hold a special nostalgia for me far beyond anything G1.

9. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Getting more play" as in that statement by G.I. Eddie getting more play in the thread, given he said there's indication there will be a full set released somehow, and no one was reacting to that even though that seemed pretty damn relevant to me regarding release plans.

I see, thanks for the clarification and for the earlier info from the rep as well.

10. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats bullshit fansproject.. so everyone else who cant attend gets to buy these at x4 mark up.

11. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    cheaper than you flying to canada, booking a hotel, and attending the con...

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    But a moot point if they made so few and only allow one per attendee, especially when the attendees for events like this tend to be the hardest of the hardcore guys who will want to keep it themselves. All my contacts who are at the show are doing just that...and I can't blame them because so would I if I was able to be there.

I'm fine with paying a premium personally and more than willing to pay someone to hook me up with one :) 

13. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    As others have said, I have a feeling the carded G2 style KO-parodying packing is what is really exclusive about this figure. Breakdown was the only G2 Stunticon released, and released as a convention exclusive at that. My unsupported opinion is that Fansproject are just having fun with the history of G2 Breakdown and the "flattery" of imitation they receive especially the alternate color Knock Offs. The symbol in the top left yellow corner looks like a block stylized "KO." Hopefully there is more information later and a regular retail release of a G2 colored Intimidator is in the works.

14. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I feel like I must be the only person who hates the insanely ugly and gaudy color pallets of the 90's... You guys are talking about a premium price for this guy; and as for myself I would rather own the normal colored version and would never touch this thing -- hell I wouldn't even get the original again as I have my Intimidator up on eBay as we speak.

The exclusiveness is pretty cool though - wish I went to Botcon and TFcon :) 

15. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The carded Kar Krash will be cool as a Con exclusive whereas the entire team should be released as a gift set. If it's around $300 I would totally be all over that.

16. Joevette8

Joevette8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    really? the standard set is $390, no way this would be less.

I am just bothered by the amount of con exclusives this year that should be retail releases, not limited to these two

17. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I just wish they will tell us if these will be at TFCon Chicago. I can wait til then to get them if so.

18. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Belated realization - was anyone here at Botcon, at least on Sunday, and see a G2 Car Crash at the A3&U table alongside the other FP/MT stuff? I remember the A3&U guy saying it was a custom so I didn't bother taking a pic of it. Wondering now if there is any connection to this Kar Krash after all or if it's a funny coincidence.

19. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Didn't Encline do a custom one?

20. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty close to the digibash from this board!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]