Fansproject CA-11 Down Force

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by uranusdd, Jun 16, 2013.

1. uranusdd

uranusdd SIXSHOTS

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT pics man!

3. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazing pics. Cant wait to have the whole thing in hand

4. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can't wait to have this in hand either but damn I thought "Last Chance" was coming out first. BBTS needs to update their page now because the numbers are off on their catalog.

5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    sigh, guess I'm going to buy him. Really wish the gun wasn't yellow though. Kinda wishing there wasnt clear plastic either, it looks nice, but none of the other bots have it so it doesnt match.

6. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Looking forward to this guy. Hope BBTS gets him soon.

7. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

He looks like the best of the Limbs I'd probably buy him as a new character rather than Drag Strip along with Motor Master seeing as the Fansproject Motor Master may be the only decent update to be released for a while.

8. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fansproject CA-11 Down Force Review!

Following up my review of the first release of Fansproject's "Not-Menasor" (Car Crash) I've decided to skip over T-Bone for now, and go right to the third release, Down Force! *An obvious homage to Dragstrip, Down Force does a great job of not only representing the official counterpart well, but also giving itself a unique feeling as an original character. *Sure, the $60 price tag is a bit much for a toy this size, but I'm sure the final gestalt will be well worth it when complete.

[​IMG]
    Down Force's head does a great job of supplementing the main yellow color by providing some stunning teal and purple shades to the character. *And in typical Fansproject fashion, the head itself is very well done in both detail and paint applications. *It's move in the way of a nicely done ball-joint.

[​IMG]
    While the shoulders themselves look pretty confusing and erratic, the articulation here is actually pretty simple. *Although many of the pieces on the shoulder are movable (for the transformation), a basic hinge and ball-joint is what gives the shoulders their movement. *The shoulder construct is connected to the body via a hinge, while that same connecting bar plugs into the shoulder via a ball-joint. *Down Force also features a well implemented bicep swivel, as well as double-jointed elbows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Down Force does have a swivel at the waist, and the hips have a great range-of-motion thanks to a ball-joint. *I am also glad to see Fansproject continuing the trend of implementing thigh swivels on the smaller figures, and Down Force's works wonderfully. *Although the knees are hinged well, some kibble on the back on Down Force's lower leg does get in the way of some of the movement. *60 degrees might be a good estimate on how much his knee can bend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Down Force also doesn't have any dedicated feet, so a single purple "toe-piece" will have to suffice for this area. *It is articulated via a ball-joint, but it really doesn't do much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Down Force's alt mode, well, it's a car. *I always hate doing alt mode breakdowns because most of them are so simple. *There's nothing really special to talk bout with Down Force's alt mode, other than the included gun (which is it's only accessory) splits in half and is able to be stored on Down Force's undercarriage.

[​IMG]

That's not to say Down Force's alt mode is bad, I actually think it looks stunning, there's just not that much to talk about in terms of features or gimmicks. *I did think Fansproject's instructions were a little hard to read, but after a few minutes of typical Transformers frustration, you'll figure it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall, Down Force is another solid entry on our way to Fansproject's Not-Menasor. *Sure, the $60 price tag can be intimidating, but if you know anything about Fansproject, you know that they're bent on providing over-the-top quality, and Down Force is no exception. *With only 1 more piece of Not-Menasor to go before their version of Motormaster, Down Force is definitely something you'll want to pick up to entertain yourself until then.

[​IMG]

9. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking good, just got mine in the mail today. Can't wait to bust him out in a few hours

10. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

any idea with Last Chance/Dead End will be released??

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Huh. I just realized that there are two notches cut into the rear wheels so they can lock into the legs in robot mode.

12. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I think Peaugh's review covered that.