FansProject Assaulter - General Release

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bump. Anyone have a scan?

2. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have it in front of me but no scanner here. Pictures from my phone would be good for you?

3. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If we can read it, it would be great. Thanks!

4. levyshahar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, I'll flip them and put them in order, and post them on the wiki.

6. levyshahar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mmm if you plan on posting them I can get a real scan later this week

7. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Weird thing about this story is that it appears that not only does Assaulter grow as a carrier, and shrink as a robot and jet, but people can live inside him and they shrink when he shrinks? Or maybe they are shunted to another dimension when he shrinks?

8. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's giant
    When ur inside he has a holoprojection to talk to passengers

9. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's giant as a carrier, he's normal size(well, about 50% taller than Defender) as a robot and jet. He seemed to be carrying Riftshot, Revolver and Recoiler inside him when he was small, because he grew big, Steel Core and Defender went inside him, and Riftshot, Revolver and Recoiler were waiting inside glass tubes! So my question is do people inside him when he shrinks shrink too?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

Man, I hadn't thought about that. The bio would make me think they wind up in the same place all of the other mass goes when he transforms - or maybe he could only do it because they were in a sort of stasis, and not actively moving about?

11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's already mentioned in the conversation between Steel and Defender...

Defender - "Wow! Mass Shifting? Never seen it in person. How is Assaulter able to do that?"

Steel - "We made a device that can tap into the Omega Cube's Power, from your planet."

Which dictates that anything and everything inside Assaulter would be subject to the size change. Think of it like Ant-man. If he ate an apple as a regular sized person, that apple also changes size if he initiates the Pym particles.

12. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which it seems to imply in the comic, but in the Project Redshift documentation on the FPCore site it would seem to indicate his normal size is the robot and jet, and he gains extra mass as a carrier by tapping into energy from another dimension to draw energy, which he converts into matter.

He doesn't shrink at all, he grows by adding extradimensional energy, then returns to "normal" size by returning that matter into energy and sending it back. Does he simultaneously shrink things inside him to microscopic size when he returns to normal size so they don't kill him? Or does that matter get turned into energy and stored in another dimension? Perhaps the rooms inside him are completely shunted to another dimension as matter, at full size, and if peopke inside broke out when he was small, they wouldn't even by in their dimension any more, but floating around some energy realm?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  13. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The way I understood it is that in carrier mode, anything that goes inside will be subject to the red light spectrum, enabling mass shifting in the opposite direction. So, when the occupants come in, then they get shrunk down while inside Assaulter. Also, Revolver, Riftshot, and Recoiler are in the Regeneration Chambers, which are then subject to them being shrunk as well.

14. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If there are tiny people inside Assaulter, I am reminded of the Teselecta from Dr. Who:

[​IMG]

15. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So should he die in battle whilst in robot mode (therefore no longer drawing on the dimensional energies to sustain mass variation of objects within himself...) BOOM! everything will bust out of him as they return to full size... Ouch! no open casket for Assaulter...

16. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Well... that's assuming that whatever systems are tapping into the Omega Cube are affected by whatever killed him. Do they actually need a living being on the business end to maintain the effect?

Of course, the next question becomes: what if those systems get damaged, regardless of whether he's alive or not? Does everything explode out of him? Does he grow to altmode size first? Is the process of growing/shrinking integrated into his transformation systems, or is it separate?

I also have to assume that access to the additional mass/volume/dimension is not available in the smaller modes, because otherwise there would be zero point in having a larger mode at all - he may as well just keep all the business ends of things that need to interact with normal space - sensors, weapon tips, airlocks - sitting in normal space and put absolutely everything else in a pocket, allowing him to present the smallest possible realspace target (and then probably have a giant forcefield generator in displacement projecting a small but incredibly strong field around the tiny realspace component). Not to mention that being able to stick things through the interface at will would give the ability to retract everything through the interface and have the realspace component be nothing more than a pea-sized lump of armor. Try hitting that at any distance! (Or, conversely, stick an asteroid belt into the pocket and throw the asteroids at anyone who starts shooting.)

So, presumably, the transformation process uses some function of the Omega Cube to increase Assaulter's volume in realspace, then adds in the additional mass to the outer hull, and finally (once the configuration is appropriate) aligns the internal pocket and dumps it into realspace. This would mean that anything inside him when he transforms and shrinks would get displaced instantly at the moment that the transformation commences.

There are various other 4D topology options: Doorframes from the interior to the exterior just have a tiny door-shaped hole in the middle of them that items can be passed through, for instance, or larger objects can still pass through those portals and appear to shrink/grow in the process from the perspective of observers on each side, but not from their own.

17. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's also possible that the things inside don't get shrunk at all, and just exist in another dimension. Simply the door inside Assaulter shrinks. Think the Dr. Who episode Flatline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KClVIBAoyFk

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  18. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

With a limited knowledge of superstring theory, it is my understanding that higher dimensions "curl up," wherein the third and fourth dimensions we are accustomed to are effectively the sixth and eighth dimensions that have undergone a phase transition.

With that in mind, it's not a far stretch for Assaulter to be able to tap into a progression of collapsing rooms, say like an orbifold or a tesseract. This way, the outer structure remains in tact, but anything inside can "loop" around the other chambers without compromising its original size.

I think of it as a tardis inside a tardis inside the Hellraiser box. The inhabitants retain their physical attributes, free to roam around from room to room, while each room is a blotch of a membrane that slides to a different location on an undulating bubble, or more accurately, a lung. The bubble-lung takes the shape of its container (assaulter) who can mechanically reconfigure its three-dimensional shape.

Fysics is phun!
    -Kronatron

19. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I just broke the leg off of one of mine at the thigh rotation (my fault) so if anyone has a junker and can spare a right leg let me know. I guess I only really need the hip as the peg is part of that.

[​IMG]

Otherwise, well, I guess I have a junker if anyone needs parts. :/

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  20. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Not to poke at you in your moment of grief but how did you break it? I'm quote fearful that one day something will break due to those seismic ratchets and the masses of die cast so anything to watch out for is always appreciated.