Fansproject Assaulter fix?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by cyclonus8, Jan 12, 2013.

1. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

Maybe I should have put this in the main thread but was afraid it would not be seen. Anyway, I got Assaulter yesterday. His shoulders and elbows were a bit loose so I unscrewed both his shoulders to use the old floor polish trick. Anyway, the black shoulder pieces have this strange little spring. I know this is worthless without pics but those who have taken him apart know what I'm talking about. I was able to get the spring back in one shoulder, but the other's shoulder's screw hole was stripped so it can't go in tightly, so the damn spring just pops out with the slightest arm movement. My question is what exactly does the spring do? Would it hurt the transformation if I leave out the spring?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    where did you buy it from? they might be able to help.

3. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    this thing happen to me to, and I bought from FPC, and they're bad in customer service, so I just remove the spring completely. The only thing it does is it kind of lock in the shoulder in certain position when you transform him, mostly for the carrier mode, but in jet mode it does not need it if you able to clip both shoulder together.

it this your problem?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I said FPC is has a very worst customers, which is none, I contact them, not even 1 reply

4. cyclonus8

Neek Buster, that's exactly what I'm talking about! Since the screw no longer "bites" into the plastic, the spring makes the back shoulder piece fly off. I wasn't sure if it affects the transformation because I can't properly TF it without shaving some tabs down. For such an expensive piece, the tabs and panels sure are crappy. I got it from BBTS so I'll contact them about getting it replaced.

5. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    sometimes if you drop some glue down in that screw hole and then tighten everything and then leave a rubber-band holding the whole thing together over the evening so that the glue cures and then it should hold everything together without "springing" apart.

6. cyclonus8

Yep, tried that last night. It looked fine at first, but sprung apart again once I moved the shoulder joint.

7. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    damn that blows, maybe see if you have an electronics store or a hardware store near you and see if they have a similar screw but maybe with a wider base but just a mm (the actual thread part is what I'm talking about) because with a wider screw it may be able to grab that plastic that was stripped in the hole. If all else fails try to get an exchange like I am going to have to so myself because my recent order through BBTS had left me with an assaulter with two right torso sections =/ and here I was thinking I was gonna have a weekend to check him out but oh well just another week of playing the waiting game for me.

8. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    The spring on mine actually flew off when I move the shoulder, and never to be seen again....

apparently without the spring, the figure is now transformable and no more problem, well it could lock the shoulder, but I'm fine with it, considering I have no chance of replacing it....