Fans Toys FT-45 Spindrift 2.0 (Fans Toys Seaspray Version 2)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OriginalFire, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    Tyvm everyone! Ordered at ShowZ, hope they get their's in soon. :D 

2. Rubber John

Rubber John Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wasn't planning on getting this, but again, all of the images and reviews have changed my mind.
    First thing to do will be to swap the helmet over and put the correct faces and helmets together.

3. franpincho

franpincho Simp Slayer

Ocean decals ftw. Always

• Like Like x 5
  4. Memo224

Memo224 Active Member

Has anyone reported issues with the blue paint coming off? I have it happening in 3 places that I've found so far...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. blake

blake Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to do the drill out trick and take pics or do a video, that'd be cool.

6. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Yep. Well, I think the arm is new. However, the paint coming off those foot panels have had a handful of times. I think it might be a different kind of plastic from the rest of the figure, and the paint is not curing to it as well.

7. primatives

primatives Well-Known Member

This guys seems to be quite easy to purchase. I wonder did ft increase their numbers to meet demand or was there not a strong demand for this guy as other characters?

8. Futureye

Futureye Well-Known Member

”realwhz” wrote about paint chip issues on page 26. I think it was originally at bilibili. So, the paint problem wasn’t only a random case after all. Is it now...what, two random cases? Heh. :p  Interesting to see, if there is more to come later on. I wonder, if this figure is yet another one, which doesn’t like to be touched. Ou, wait...And it even has a mask already on. Ok, i see...Could be, that it doesn’t want to be even near to anyone. :D  Better make a clearly own spot to this figure, where it won’t be near to other bots, when someone is adding this to a collection.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope just the demand for this guy is very low compared to their other releases, some already have the V1 mold other just don't see Seaspray as a needed "core" characters. This figure was basically available for pre-order all the way up to release, future figures will not have this availability.

• Like Like x 3
  10. wilcosu35

wilcosu35 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    He's here IMG_3452.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  11. Futureye

Futureye Well-Known Member

:)  ...I’m sorry, but i’m curious. Do you still have a phone with wire in the Netherlands? (Vink, that wire in the picture) :D  I’m so jealous. And okay, back to the topic. Keep that figure in the box, don’t touch it. Otherwise the paint on it will come off. You have been warned. ;) 

12. TheRealRoadRage

TheRealRoadRage Well-Known Member

Yep, paint chipping is a huge issue. Only one of the foot panels on mine, but it's dramatic. The other one is flawless, but one is losing paint by the second.

13. wilcosu35

wilcosu35 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    That's actually the wristband/loop of my compact camera that i use to take the picture :p  And by phone with wire, do you mean between the phone base and the wall, or between the phone base and the part that contains the speakers? Both of those are still in use, but the second becomes more uncommon with wireless handsets taking over. They do still need the external connection to the phone network, though i'm guessing that's possible through the internet line too. I'm just guessing here, because i've had nothing but a cellphone since moving out of my moms house in 2004. Living alone and being away for most of the day, a fixed phone at home is utterly useless because i'm usually not at home to answer it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

See, I'm confused by that mod/suggestion, so obviously I don't understand.

I *thought* that the loose joint was the ankle screw that controls dorsiflexion and plantar flexion. Mine got loose REAL fast, but I tightened the screw and it's a little better. I think someone (Jarrod?) said it should be a rivet or pin, and suggested drilling out the hole the screw goes into---?? Is that what was suggested?

How would enlarging the the pivot make more tension?

15. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

I don't have mine yet but I think they're saying the flap that moves is on the screw so when you move it, it unscrews it. You still want the screw to go in and lock in, you just want a bigger hole on the "flap" so it can move freely and not move the screw it's riding on. Someone else said they ground off the middle threads on the screw so the tip still screws in but the shaft the part rides on is smooth. Sorta like the whole Astrotrain chest thing again.

16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's V1 and then there's XTB's Neptune.

• Like Like x 1
  17. blake

blake Well-Known Member

Yea I was hoping a few pics would help this whole drill these hole and that hole but not that hole thing we got here. I did it to mine it's not bad. I'll post pics

You wanna drill out these two holes to 3/32. No bigger, no smaller lol, maybe 7/64 if ya got it but I did mine in 3/32 and it was plenty big. Basically you want the threads on the screw to freely pass thru the two holes on the blue bits and only make purchase with the main foot piece. It goes it plenty deep and if you drill out those holes and put it all together it isn't floppy. I drilled mine and put it together and took note of where one of the Phillips slots was pointing, like witness marks and moved it around a bunch back and forth and it all stayed solid. You can tell if yours is... Faulty?.. By just moving that ankle joint back and forth like your transforming that piece. You'll see in a few turns that that screw head is working its way out and it'll be loose.
    So yea, 3/32 drillbit on LOW and slow.

20210412_184534.jpg

Also, while you got your mini screw driver and drill out for your hundred dollar plastic, go ahead and change the head out to the round one. You can use the round head with the default face mask.It looks good

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  18. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I only drilled out the flap piece, not the piece connected to the leg. That seemed to work fine as I’ve transformed it 2-3 times since and the ankle have not loosened.

19. blake

blake Well-Known Member

Gotcha, yea I thought about not doing the piece connected to the leg, but the way I figured, the screw doesn't pass thru it freely, it rubs, so you'd think with that joint pivoting back and forth it would indeed work itself out just like with the original flap problem. Thats cool cool though.

20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or others may not be pressed to pick it up because they have the XTB version already.