Fans Toys FT-41 Sheridan (Masterpiece Warpath)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by JPrime, Jul 14, 2018.

1. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Whether we should have to fix issues is a discussion about the quality of the overall product, not whether the engineering behind the transformation process is complex or flawed.

I agree, we shouldn’t have to. But when you do the transformation process works like a charm.

2. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

The thing is though: we want figures that look good in both modes, but are almost unrealistic when you turn this from cartoon to toy...

So FT is providing the great looking modes, but getting their requires really complicated engineering. Other companies might provide better engineering, but then of course either or both modes look less like we want them to.

It's a trade off, but so far I'd rather have the looks. Although transforming MP 10 after Roadking does also make me miss the simpler times.

3. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Am I the only person that has transformed Jabber like over 20 times with no problems?

I seriously dont get the hate on him

• Like Like x 2
  4. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I think someone else said it best on the rogue board, but a beautiful bot mode and alt mode usually don’t exist together in the same sentence; usually one takes precedence over the other — however — Rogue has two beautiful modes. And that required the black magic that FT had to do to make that happen.

Otherwise we get what MMC gave us. Or worse, the garbage Takara is going to release in a few months.

Of course opinions and all that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm really picky - in my collection I think these do best all round i.e. look good in both modes and have a nice transformation: MP Ironhide, MP Prowl and MP Wheeljack.

Oh, er... all older Takara Masterpieces I see.

• Like Like x 1
  6. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

:D 

7. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    All that was required was the single most miserable transforming experience committed to plastic (and this is coming from someone who doesn't see what all the fuss about BadCube was). I hated it so much that I flipped her back to bot mode, stuck her on a shelf, and was still filled with white-hot anger every time I looked at her.

You mean, the figure I sold Rouge and bought to replace her with? I'm far happier with Azalea. Sure, Rouge's alt mode is better, but that hardly matters if I'd never willing transform Rouge.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I’m very glad you like MMC’s version and I am also happy that you’re happy with it.

Whilst I came around on her a little, I still vastly prefer FT’s take - on both modes.

I am not a fan of MMC’s height, general looks, and it looks more like a “toy” (they all are, but if I had to compare what I meant to another figure; it’d be MT’s Reflector) than FT’s.

I also don’t “play” or transform my figures often. So for me, FT is a clear winner.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah for me FT (although I dont mind complex transformations) destroys everyone in looks, while other companies, especially for me MMC, TFC, or UT tend to make figures that are more fun to just grab off the shelf and flip back and forth

although imo nothing beats just a mainline figure in the “fun to flip back and forth” department

• Like Like x 1
  10. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

I wonder if FansToys will embargo China sellers until overseas sellers get their stock? That might take a month or more due to lack of shipping.

11. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

I dont think so since he's out for a few days on Tony's RBT site... but I cant make order because there's no shipping option :( 

12. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've never transformed any figure I own except for Badcube Steamroll (not a total success) and DX9 Carry (very simple) but I did transform FT Rouge on a dare from a girl I wanted to impress. I used the video and was able to figure it out in about an hour. It wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. If Rouge is toward the more difficult end of the transforming spectrum, I'll be relieved because the plan is to eventually transform all of them, once my collection is complete or like, 95% of the way there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    So...was the girl impressed?

• Like Like x 6
  14. Razzadazza

Razzadazza Well-Known Member

If we’re talking miserable transformations, surely XTB Savant has to get a look? Went from car to bot relatively easily, but I only have limited space so rotate my display bots regularly, so have to change then back for storage. He’s the only bot I have ever given up on and actually thrown out during the return transformation.
    (Though QC issues with my Takara Sunstreaker did mean it almost happened with him, the damn wing mirrors wouldn’t let the windows fold back out properly, but once I figured a quick workaround, his transformation was actually quite fun)

15. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Wait you gave up on savant ? You might be the only person to ever complain about his transformation.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Razzadazza

Razzadazza Well-Known Member

Yup, hated it. Still have the police version sealed in its box.
    Bare in mind, I transformed Apache, Willis, Maverick and XTB Andras, all who supposedly had horrible transformations without even using instructions, but Savant. It wasn’t even like it was overly difficult to get to a certain point, but it would not line up properly, so after several attempts at changing back and forth, then using the instructions and it still looking like a camel, it went into the bin.

17. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

i kept seeing on FB snapshots from videos of Youku & Blibli but still no link to any videos... anyone has some yet?

18. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, but for way less than an hour.

• Like Like x 1
  19. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

Still no one has opened theirs yet?! Not even something on weibo?

20. Hero

Hero Well-Known Member

If only HK parcel was already up and running......woulda had this bad boy before the week was out....

COVID is makin the community hurt in more than 1 way...