Fans Toys FT-41 Sheridan (Masterpiece Warpath)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by JPrime, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm in the minority here (though I've seen a few others in this camp), but I hope Sheridan is at or close to carbot height. I guess I tend to think of the screenshot of Warpath, Powerglide, and Smokescreen showing the three at around the same height. I feel like Warpath wasn't too different from Hoist in "A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court," for that matter (though I always thought Hoist was shorter than Ironhide/Trailbreaker height, albeit wide and squat).

Also, am I the only one who actually likes Spindrift? Yes, it's a bit of a pain to get into altmode, but I'm perfectly satisfied with Spindrift as my Seaspray. (I had G2 Seaspray as a kid, so that's likely a factor.) I also think Brawny isn't that bad still. I do wish the headlights were spaced farther apart in altmode, but Brawny still captures Brawn quite well, I feel.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Good for you.

But the wait is annoying. I get what your saying. But Blitzwing was teased 2 years ago. Still no Blitzwing. How about Fanstoys get this done and dusted first. That would be
    my preference.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018
  3. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    This is the Shrodingers cat theory of toys. If you don't know you are waiting are you still waiting? I would rather be able to account for possible options when I see a character made by any particular company. Now them canceling teases is understandably annoying.

• Like Like x 3
  4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    As long as this Brawn and Warpath are the right size, I'll replace my current badcube ones with these. They're the two MP minibots on my shelf that look the most "off".

• Like Like x 1
  5. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

And kinder way of somebody thinking I am wrong. Rather than being accused of wasting my life like in a previous comments.

6. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

FYI, dalianjj said they are going back to the drawing board with Berserk (Blitzwing), so I would expect him to be delayed for quite a while.

7. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

That sucks..but I'd rather wait than be disappointed in it being rushed. This is why I never preorder tho

8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing that's also the case with Outrider.

9. neko

neko Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    So with the size does everyone think the price will be the the same or close to Spindrift? This figure looks nice!

[​IMG]

10. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

This will probably be $25-$40 more then spindrift. Sheridan is pretty detailed while Spindrift isn't too complex.

11. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. Too many "eventuallies" for me to stay excited. I think I'm done with Fanstoys. Oh, if they release a character I want and that hasn't been done by another company, and it gets good reviews, I'll probably buy it but I'm done waiting for them. Ditka is my Blitzwing after I waited almost a year past Berserk's release date (they finally announced that they were going back to the drawing board about a month after I gave up and bought Ditka), MP28 is my Hot Rod, Arkose is my Beachcomber, and Wardog is my Warpath. I enjoy my Willis, Koot, and Rouge but when I want to pull a figure out of my case to transform back and forth, they're never on my list - they're just no fun to transform.

I'll watch their figures with a passing interest - Sheridan looks great and I'll enjoy the shots people post when they get him - and I'll comment but as far as I'm concerned, none of their figures even exist until they're released. I won't wait for one that they're going to release "eventually" if there's another option available. Not gonna' switch from Zeta for Aerialbots or Xtb for Stunticons (though, admittedly, that's also because I've already bought into them, but even if I hadn't, I'd but them now rather than wait for ft). If I ever decide that I need Brawn, I'll get Brawny rather than wait for ft.

I hope those of you who are content to wait get all the figures you want and I hope they're great and you enjoy them but they've exhausted my patience - I can't get hyped for a toy that I'm not going to have for years. And yes, I'm still salty about Blitzwing - they just plain fucked up! I get needing to go back to the drawing board but that's something you say sooner, not wait a fucking year after you missed the release date!! @dalianjj

[Edit] also, fuck those blurry shots of Beachcomber and Brawn. Don't announce until you've actually got something to show!

• Like Like x 5
  12. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But that's not really how G1 accuracy, and even more Toon accuracy works?
    Folks are clamouring for a figure that looks like the character from G1, not a re-imagined version. As stated we already have multiple takes on that, including BadCubes. This is to please those of us who want something that looks like the G1. And I think it's safe to say that FT have given this a little "style" - tank and torret detailing on the chest, additional panel lining on the arms and legs... this is a pretty nice balance of G1 Toon accuracy without being super plain like the hyper toon stuff some folks hate. FT have gone out of their way to create a good balance here, and it works as a G1 wWarpath a hell of a lot better than BC's effort.
    upload_2018-7-19_9-29-22.png
    Dont get me wrong I own and like the Veteran edition of Wardog, but as awesome as he is, he never feltlike he fit into a G1 MP collection. This, though, has that G1 flair and some nice early Hasui era MP detailing.

Man, I don't think I could possibly disagree more. I love that FT are announcing prototypes and telling me what they're going to release. I was wavering for a long time on settling on BC Brawny as that was probably the best we'd get. Knowing that FT will address it down the line allows me to put that decision on hold. I may not end up getitng FT's but at least I now know there's an alternative. Likewise I have no interest in XTBS' stunticons, but was tenatively interested in DX9's. Knowing that FT will also be doing them means I can wait and assess the DX9 offering and compare to FT's and then decide which I want. I have MP-09 but he's only a mediocre Rodimus for me. I assume that FT will do their own Roddy, but I don't know because they haven't said anything.
    I can't undertsand why ANYONE can object to someone announcing that there will be another alternative option coming out down the line, to help collectors make a more informed choice?
    We are always saying "choose what you like best" , "it's great to have options", "if you don't like figure X, wait for figure Y". And yet people turn on FT when they provide these extra options for us.
    These complaints seem more a case of either impatience or some kind of anti-FT biais.
    Who care's how much stuff FT has in the pipeline? It doesn't slow down their manufacturing process to release renders or 3D Prints. They don't stop the whole company and sit around with their thumbs up their arses while they wait for the designer to work on the render for Brawn, the factory comntinues working.
    Honestly, if you don't want to hear about FT's latest release because you're still cranky they haven't released something you're waiting on, then don't read the new thread. That announcement being made will not have one single iota of an impact on the release of a different figure. That design is there, on FT's hard drive. It's there whether they tell us or not. Personally I'd rather know it's there so I can make an informed decision. Companies delay shot all the time, that's how it works. BlitzWing going back for a re-deign and improvements is not happening because they've shown us a prototype of Warpath. The prototype was almost certainly slotted into the gap in the schedule that occurred when they decided to re-design BlitzWing. Without having that design there and ready to go, the scheduled slot would have been lost

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

98BAF1C2-5792-47B0-9892-B7AA54050211.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

I like seeing and knowing what each 3rd party intends to do. Timelines would be a plus...

15. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I'm hoping that FT fixes it's minibot size. Spindrift is a bit small. When you compare him to DX Richthofen or XTB Klaatu, he's positively tiny. Alternative 3P MP Beachcomber and Brawn are nice additions, and at the very least, it won't hurt as much to buy one and then the other version, compared to say, FT and DX9 Omega Supreme...

16. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's fair and you're right that my opinion is largely due to my impatience. I'm still frustrated over Blitzwing. I'm not exactly sure why the huge backlog annoys me but it does. It's like, "ooh, that's cool," but then I realized that there are so many toys in line ahead of it that I'm not going to see it for two or three years and it feels like they're trying to get my hopes up for something I can't have.

It reminds me of Gran Turismo 5 for PS3. It was hyped and hyped and when ps3 came out, all they had was a demo where you were the only car on the track. The release date kept shipping back which is pretty standard but the thing that annoyed me was that they kept releasing teaser videos. Eventually the teasing was too much and it was frustrating rather than exciting. I never got the game because they'd worn out my enthusiasm by the time it finally came out. I feel the same way about Blitzwing. It wasn't as bad, of course, but we have seen prototypes show up every now and then - I think the last one was in December or January, more than six months after missing the initial release date. Then it was several more months before they finally admitted that he'd been sent back to the drawing board.

I wasn't excited about Hoodlum since I thought MP28 looked better (I'm talking about the older images, not the ones from this past weekend) but they did something similar. He just kind of disappeared without a trace for quite a long time before finally showing up with revisions. The revisions are great and he looks great now (still don't like the alt mode though) but I just don't want to get excited about any upcoming releases when they might just drop off the radar like Hoodlum or Berserk, especially when there are so many in line that it's going to take years anyway.

17. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

yeah, that was kind of my mindset for a long time. But then Outrider didn't happen and seems to have been consigned to oblivion, so I think I am done waiting for FT based only on renders and early teases.

18. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

Well I guess if anything, maybe I'll be able to find a Wardog at an affordable price since it sounds like lots of people are about to offload theirs.

19. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

20180718_232026.jpg I love Fsnstoys, but I can't stand when they put the embossed areas where faction decals go. Just leave the area flat so I can put whatever size I choose... & most times the proportions of the spot they make never conform to the faction symbols anyway. Am I alone here?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I love the Sheridan design and name but will stick with my BadCube version.

I am kind of in a different camp than I guess everybody. I thought it was misguided to tease the minibots with so many other figures in waiting. We are through FT-20 except for a couple of figures with FT-41 revealed. I think if this is the plan that Fans Toys has chosen, they should remove all mystery, especially as it concerns combiners. dalianjj has already revealed FT will do all of the combiners. They have renders in some form for Bruticus, Defensor, Devy, Computron, Abominus, Predaking, and maybe Raiden. Just commit now. I think like Menasor and Superion, they should release renders of the first two bots. I know a lot of this is not as practical or will happen but I think it would be in their interest because we know the list below is going to happen. That's 60 figures but they would get commitment on the combiners and could intersperse figures and complete combiners. You are not going to buy FT Wildrider and DX9 Dead End. I know if I saw other renders from FT I would wait for FT. If I like something from XTB/KFC I will probably double dip but I would buy the FT sets anyway. I loved the XTB Monolith so I would have bought that no matter what but I am not buying any DX9 or UT figures again.

FT-17 - Hoodlum
    FT-21 - Berserk
    FT-23 - Dracula
    FT-25 - Outrider
    FT-26 - Chomp
    FT-28 - Hydra
    FT-29 - Quietus
    FT-30 - Ethereaon X5
    FT-31 - Menasor X5
    FT-32 - Devastator X6
    FT-33 - Defensor X5
    FT-34 - Bruticus X5
    FT-35 - Computron X5
    FT-36 - Abominus X5
    FT-37 - Predaking X5
    FT-38 - Raiden X6
    FT-39 - Jabber
    FT-40 - Scourge
    FT-41 - Sheridan
    FT-42 - Beachcomber
    FT-43 - Brawn
    FT-44 - Outback

Lastly, I don't know of a reasonable way that FT would want to sell box sets except like Terminus on a rerelease. I would like it if in exchange for preorders there was a combiner club to get boxed sets but I don't see that happening for numerous reasons.