Fans Toys FT-41 Sheridan (Masterpiece Warpath)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by JPrime, Jul 14, 2018.

1. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

Power of the brand is a thing you don’t seem to understand. And it’s ok.

TT, Bandai, FT, LEGO, etc etc, they all have their fans, and no matter how unimpressive or below average a product turns out to be, people will buy, and it will sell out.

You are definitely not FT’s target audience, and that’s just fine. They’ll live.

There’s really nothing to be explained.

They are basically shipping a broken figure and people are worrying about screws. Yet, their next figure will sell out.

We are all suckers for this stuff, myself included.

2. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

Lol, you can be within Fanstoys target audience and easily still not be a brand loyal. If you don't blindly buy a brand's product just because your a sucker it doesn't automatically mean that you are not both somewhere within fanstoys overall target audience (who knows how much they segment, but most likely something at least like G1 Toon Masterpiece collectors who are older and more affluent) or just anyone who loves good looking robot toys as I know some high end collectors like to dabble here and there with other lines and aren't necessarily looking to make the full G1 cast on their shelf. Ex. I have that 3p Krang figure from TMNT coz I think it's rad but I don't have anything else from TMNT. I'd say simply by being a buyer, I was in that company's target audience because it hooked me enough to get me buying that product.

Long story short, you don't need to buy every single (or close to) product to be considered within the brand's target audience. A brand most of the time never has their target audience buying all their products anyway as there's lots of brands vying for the same audience's attention, so for example, MMC's Springer wins over FT's with me, but I am most assuredly still within the target audience for both brands for both their Springer offerings, however I decided to only pick the one I liked most.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All I know is Berserk and Outrider better be damn near flawless when they drop.

• Like Like x 2
  4. fttproductions

fttproductions Well-Known Member

got a loose left leg, a plier squeeze resets it but asked for a screw just in case

5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which seller did you request the screw from?

6. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

they will be until you transform them. Then they’ll likely be broken or scratched.

7. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

I can see stuff broken out of the box, but I have yet to break or scratch any of my FT figures and I transform them pretty regularly.

Watch them Ham Hands Wreck It Ralph

8. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Then they’re a lot of ham hands out there considering all the broken blurrs, scratched cyclonus, scratched hoodlums, legless warpaths, wingless kickbacks, broken head tabbed skyfires or hounds with floppy ankles and pieces falling off the feet. I haven’t most of the problems I just mentioned but they’re too common to dismiss other posters as ham hands.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Prowl83

Prowl83 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity when you sold them did you loose money, break even or make a profit?

10. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Break even, though I could have easily made back money on it if I had waited longer which honestly for the product felt wrong.

11. Prowl83

Prowl83 Well-Known Member

Ok fair enough. So at what point did ownt an FT figure embroil so much anger within you that you feel the desire to constantly bemoan a product(products) that you have no interest in?

Real talk I'm not trying to be rude or be a dick I'm just legitimately curious. Is it brand loyalty to other company's that you prefer or is it militant FT collectors that go into other threads spouting superiority of there "heafty" products?

You made a purchase of a product you thought you would enjoy and obviously did not. You then turned around and sold said product for cost and was out absolutely nothing other than an undesireable experience that you have quite obviously made a point not to repeat. So what is the benefit to allow FT to continue to bring you dissatisfaction?

12. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For not wanting to be rude you sure do claim a lot about my hatred of their products.

I'm what you call, an honest man. Horrible transformation or paint will get called out, and that isn't bombarding the product with hate, that's just honesty. I am loyal to no brand, as I simply give my money to the best product that is reasonably priced for something I like. Given how good the sculpt work on the figures are I want them to improve, to work on solid figures that don't have frustrating transformations or chipping. The unfortunate trend I'm seeing is that FT is becoming a Takara situation, where it has a significant amount of loyal fans that ignore the flaws or will buy anything they produce and keep those aftermarket prices high showing FT that all the flaws and issues didn't matter. Just like how Takara started a downward spiral of QC and quality, FT is starting to follow from what I've seen, and I don't want that. As I mentioned in the post you originally quoted, I am planning to get their soundwave atm, but if it turns out to be another mess or is plagued with issues, I'm done with em.

• Like Like x 1
  13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Got my sheridan from baba, Q33...don't known if that is a generally good batch or what, but no problems with the left knee pre-1st transformation.

Regardless, got replacements screws coming from TCP just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  14. astrotrain1975

astrotrain1975 FT-44 Thomas is my precious.

Same here but QC 34. Never received a tracking number or anything. It just showed up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

To answer the why Fans Toys question...for me, I'm pose and done. They pose great, look high end and really impress on the shelf. If there IS an issue, at least Fans Toys steps up and says "Hey, it's messed up, we're gonna take care of you" one way or another. That goes a long way for me and knowing if there is a problem they're going to make it right makes me feel there is very little to risk here.

Takara could take a lesson from these guys IMO.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been wrestling with my ShowZ QC 32 copy, and both knees seem rock solid.

17. smkspy

Did you have anything bundled with him? I ordered him with in-stock jabber whenever he got his Jabber stock. Like you got zero confirmation, but he did update the tracking info when I looked at my total order page.

On sheridan, kinda bumbed about the shoulder articulation, but once on the shelf it will become a nonfactor.

18. ExiledElflord

ExiledElflord New Member

I too have QC32 from ShowZ, but my right knee is loosey goosey with a large gap after a single transformation round trip. Had to put a request for screws in because I'm afraid to transform again. I actually went to tighten the screw and discovered it was a pin, which is what led me to this forum!

• Like Like x 2
  19. smkspy

Welcome to the forum, then. Hope you survive the experience lol.

ETA, is there a 01 or other low number QC tester. They always seem to be labeled in the late 20s and early 30s from every figure I've bought.

20. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

Your average person can not discern between unbiased and honest criticism and "hating on". You're tilting at a windmill right now.

Add to that state, the Fans Toys' zealous apologists and, well, save your time and energy, friend.

• Like Like x 2