Fans Toys FT-32A-F (Masterpiece Devastator/Constructicons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys Historian/Scholar

It's only not the "international" (which I usually mean US stores) price. Even BBB and Shows are not practicing such a "low" price anymore (due to FT intervention, probably0, so basically we have, afair, Terry and TFS Express with "low" prices, that is, until they don't.

2. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Shake 'N Bake

it ain't over til the fat combiner sings. Fans Toys had everyone convinced that Superion and Menasor would be reasonably priced, yet here we are. I predict somewhere around $2000. More if it delays for several years

• Like Like x 4
  3. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need to see Devastator before I even consider this. Marauder has so much more greebling on it compared to Monolith.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I do get all that, but with this thing being so close to release (instead of a year or more out like usual) why would any store put a price that they wouldn't expect to sell it for? Getting told pricing by FT early on and having it show up at retail for higher later on is totally different. Now, I do know that Terry will post a lower price up front and then it will go up at or just before he gets his stock, but you can get locked into the cheaper price only if you pay in full for your pre-order. TFS Express I expect to be cheaper too, not so much with ShowZ or Bombusbee anymore, and western stores for FT product are just not on my radar.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Marcelo Antunes

Showing figures so close to release seems to be a new strategy from FT since this year that had been hinted at last year.

Regarding Terry and TFExpress, I am not saying that they won't sell that for the price they put on their website, just that that price do not represent the usual international/us price, which was the focus of my initial comment. Right now their price is an anomaly (well, TFExpress has always been an anomaly), and I would not be surprised if, like what seems to have occurred with BBB/Show, they are forced to keep parity (however, I don't know if this is even possible, because I am not sure how they source their products).

6. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I imagine the 1st two or three will undercut or be similar to XTB, and after that if they say consistent each relase will see a price increase over the previous.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure they incrementally make these more expensive. Look how many people have dumped out their Stunts and Aerialbots because the final limb is so expensive. FT are a great brand, producing fabulous figures but they're not untouchable and people will be pissed off. People are pissed off. I love the new reveal but I am also in the boat of "where are the first two you promised us", although I'm sure they put Bandit and Hollywood out before Scrapper is released. And pissed off customers tend to speak with their wallets and shop elsewhere. They'd honestly be better off just keeping the cost down to grow the consumer base some more. But hey, what do I know.

• Like Like x 9
  8. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    First time since the reflector wars I’ve thought a Keith’s product was superior to ft. I think ft made Scrapper too squat looking. Xtb also gets points for showing almost the entire team and combined. I think the knocked Longhaul out of the ballpark. Haven’t seen FT’s yet. Think I’ll stick to xtb 100% for Constructicons and Devastator (meaning 2 of each bot).

9. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    I'm pissed off mostly because FT put off completing Menasor and Superion just so they could develop a Devastator to flex on XTB and MMC. This must have been in development for at least the past year.

And FT has definitely got the other 5 Constructicons at least in the prototype stage, if not completely ready to go!

I like FT, but that's some serious BS.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Marcelo Antunes

Not sure exactly how you know this.

These companies, FT in particular, have different products in different stages of development all the time. Although most clueless people keep saying things like “FT needs money to finishwhatever”, that not how real world works, in particular business decisions.

It’s always possible (and it would make sense to me) that FT has several of their combiners in probably danced stages of development, in the same sense that they do have other products in different stages. This gives them options to created their (obviously very strategic) yerr by year roadmap of launches.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I could see them making this the cheapest one just to get people hooked on the set.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Swindle77

Swindle77 Well-Known Member

I love it FT does it again . It may take a while but I'm sure it'll be a hundred times better QC wise..
    XTB will be riddled with QC issues

• Like Like x 1
  13. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    Or not.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want to note that the thread title should say A-F.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    You are correct! My mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.

Fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    I was of the understanding that the original designer left them, and that the delay was due to the new designer having to come up with completely new combiner kibble from scratch, hence the delays. FT didn’t “put off” their first two combiners, they needed extra development time and went as fast as they could.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    Is it me or does that scrapper not have a waist swivel? Not sure if it was mentioned before - didn't go through the whole thread yet

18. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's lookin like no, he has too much kibble tucking into his back that would not allow for one by the looks

• Like Like x 1
  19. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I keep hearing about the designer leaving and there being a new designer, but where did this information come from? I don't recall ever seeing a source.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Redferno97

Redferno97 I can stop collecting whenever I want...

I’m sure this was just speculation to try to explain the delay. I’ve never seen a credible source. I don’t buy it because you can clearly see that the prototypes shown this year of Superion and Menasor are identical to the original renders shown in 2019. If they had to completely redesign it that wouldn’t be the case.

• Like Like x 5