Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Doom Slayer

Doom Slayer Well-Known Member

I think it is part 1.

2. franpincho

franpincho Luxurious

Exactly.

FT has become a $200 a month "expense" in a good month. All that you mention, I have. This is not a dick measuring contest by any means, but I do quite all right for myself (and therefore my family) and I still CAN'T comprehend how some of you buy 4 of everything on a monthly basis. I just can not fathom how filthy rich one must be to have all his/hers finances taken care of, on top of everything else that life throws at you (family/mortgage etc etc). And if one is single I'd assume all that extra money gets spent on trying not to be single...

I have gone ahead and canceled my Dibot reissue PO's, as I simply can not budget that extra expense in my head. It sucks but such is life. My cards need to be at 0 at the end of the month, every month.

Like you, I have met collectors renting an apartment at 35 Y/O while blowing it all on toys, and yeah, we can't judge (in a way we do because of human nature) but that is just something I can't imagine myself ever doing.

So for all of you buying 4 of everything on a monthly basis, I salute you. You all must be easily making 6 figures a year at the very least.

• Like Like x 3
  3. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Ah, but it’s a carbot AND an arm, so considered a triple changer and has to have additional engineering, like Smokey’s crafty knee, to make it all work. As Smokey and bandit have very different leg configuration in bot mode it makes the engineering different for arm mode.

anyway we’ll never know for sure!

4. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

I agree except the spending all money on not being single part. :p 
    Some sure, but not all. Women come and go regardless, and if anything, spending on making your own life awesome should be enough honey for the bees given being well off, career, gym membership or equip to get toned, etc.
    Following that line of thought, if I had the money to spend on 4 extra of FT figs, you can believe I would never waste that money on FT figures either for collecting reasons or as an investment and spend it on a nicer car, maybe saving for a bigger or better house, even a really special vacation. If I already had a dream life and literally every other need met, then maybe 4 of each lol. But honestly even then, I rather spend on other wicked collectibles. There's so much cool stuff from so many other IPs.
    Here's a cool metal song about the craziness of consumerism as a whole. Just for fun, last I'll speak on this tangent.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  5. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    As long as there’s enough left for a happy ending, all’s well

6. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

Devil’s advocate and different perspective… this past year, you may have been lucky with stonks, you’ve been in lock down and have barely gone out, let alone travel. Sure can build up a giant pile of disposable income even after factoring in things like mortgages, expenses, retirement savings, etc.

Yes, you definitely can pour all that extra money into savings, debt servicing, or that special trip, but you can also enjoy and expand on your hobbies.

Just don’t go crazy overboard towards one end or the other.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Their "third" mode is more a "configuration" than a real third mode actually.

8. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I considered myself as doing ok prior to the panoramic on 5 figures. Then got furloughed for some time, denied unemployment and now that im back to work inflation has left me behind.

ive actually been cancelling orders. First time ive ever had to do that.

Starting a business that I hope will turn things around for us. Cuz I can struggle to get back to where I was, which I found out wasnt nearly as good as I thought, or shoot for the moon and do better.

Maybe the late tax will not be so bad next year.

9. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

I didn't mean don't enjoy or expand your hobbies, I meant that four of the same figure was a waste as you could at least get 1 or 2 different figures. 4 or more is a waste in my view as that extra money could go to enjoy and expanding another joy, like driving or sports equip or millions of other things, if not towards saving or investing. Its like being a billionaire and buying 4 of the exact same merc, or you can buy a lambo, save for a mansion, or buy a private jet or something.
    Anyway, obviously can do whatever they want, just expressing my opinion on that being a waste.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daelo88

Daelo88 Well-Known Member

Do like me and PO FT just to resell it to new FTfanboys. I think I'm done collecting them cause it has become a chore to try to PO and enjoy your toy upon release and not think about how much a chunk of change you just spent.

11. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:

Happy endings are clearly stories that haven't ended yet!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

There's always a sequel that reveals everything went tits up after the credits rolled.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    hell, transformers aren't even the most expensive hobby I engage in…let me tell you about custom keyboards lol

I just assume most people partaking in the MP game are well to do, or financially stable. I also ascribe to the "3 times rule" in that if I can afford laying out for something 3 times in cash then I can't actually afford it.

no one should ever be going into debt for this stuff. $0 EoM on the CC is absolutely the way to go.

• Like Like x 4
  14. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

I do alright and pay all the family bills etc but even so I have a value system that means I only buy the figures/toys I want at the price I can justify.

I don’t understand collectors that want 3 or 4 of everything. Some people seem to really think that FansToys is an investment vehicle… I mean, yeah, you might make a few bucks via other collectors paying you late tax, but unless you’re into 10s of units it’s just chump change.

the crazy PO rush is annoying now. I’ve missed out on the only local retailer POs on the leat few releases which is now becoming tiresome.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Disco 25

Disco 25 Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree this has gotten expensive. I manage to save about 2k a month on investments so I could afford the plastic without plastic, so to speak, but I would much rather save the money tbh. That's not the real expense though, I have no more space to display (unless I tell my gf to move out ha), so I'd have to buy a bigger house!
    That being said I think once Defensor is complete, and FT release their Blitzwing, I'll be done with the characters I want to collect so it should get cheaper. I'll still swap out characters for versions I like better (Cliffjumper and Blaster I'm looking at you). Recently, I've gotten 2 FT POs for some figures (Soundwave, Trailbreaker, Hoist, Perceptor) from two vendors. Never done this before but got nervous about availability. Will just sell the second copy. If I manage to claw back some of the expense of the initial outlay then all well and good.

• Like Like x 2
  16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For its time, Toyworld/Zeta's combiner engineering was revolutionary and enabled masterpiece-grade combiners to be realized without compromising combined mode articulation or the scale across all three modes. They proved it could be done and for many collectors, they are not just the standard bearer, they still haven't been surpassed by a better MP-grade G1 Devastator, Superion, or Bruticus.

MMC's all-in-one gimmick was an engineering feat that was unable to avoid a variety of compromises to combined mode scale and some of the individual bot-modes' articulation & scale, and barely qualifies as masterpiece scale in combined mode.

Neither approach was perfect. TW/ZT's combiner teams routinely suffered from overly-chunky and not G1-enough bot modes. Zeta's initial color palettes were a bit drab (they've since addressed that) and the QC on early runs were at times hellish. Some issues with things staying tabbed in or needing to be shaved to fit, and engineering was a bit clunky overall. They still are not as refined as, say, FT products.

FT still has plenty of opportunity to outdo all current existing MP combiner contenders, and if they're taking their time hopefully that means they are intending to do it really well.

• Like Like x 3
  17. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I am sure FT's combiners will look quite cool, but no way they are as ambitious as Maximas Pro, an all in one engineering marvel with a level of articulation never seen before.

I am into this for the engineering, so I am going with Ocular Max. The engineering alone has display value for me. I know you value scale and looks more, so FT's will be a better option for you.

In a way, I am very grateful to Zeta, because as you said, their gestalts made the combiner market / concept to evolve. Now we have 50+ cm Pantsformers, 50+ cm non pantsforming combiners and finally the ultimate evolution of the concept: the all in one combiner. Therefore, there are enough combiners for every collector out there who wants one. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Man, you guys need to stop bumping this thread, haha. Every time I see it at the top of the pile my heart skips a beat thinking FT has put up Bandit in their customary 30 second pre-order time frame!

• Like Like x 4
  19. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Oh man, hahahaha. Not to mention PC building as a whole is definitely up there in just sheer numbers.

Though at the same time, shit like MP-52 and Quietus ended up being more expensive than my AIO, which is both hilarious and sad LMAO

I've been thinking of sooner or later down the line messing with a custom PCB and just going ham, I certainly would love to, but this time around since i'm in the process of putting together parts for a new rig as we speak, i'm just going with a K100 probably cause pretty much everything is Corsair in the parts list, haha.

Though now that you mentioned it, you're now obligated to show off those keyboards :p 

Seriously though you have my interest peaked.

In terms of ambition, MMC definitely wins, while FT is trying to be the best of your average TW/Zeta styled combiner, MMC is taking that up a notch by trying to compartmentalize all the necessary combiner parts into each bot (I say necessary since we have upgrade kits like the one for Bruticus that adds on stuff like those shoes). Though at the same time, I still feel FT has some ambition going on this on top of the norm, mainly with trying to offer two separate styles (Cartoon and Studio OX).

And yeah, I too am greatful for what Zeta did. Their design team's combiners I personally believe are the most impactful when it comes to 3rd Party in general simply because pretty much everybody now goes with and has adopted.

20. Oryan Pax

Oryan Pax Well-Known Member

Tbh I wouldn’t worry about bandit for a while

• Like Like x 2