Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

Gotta love the mentality of certain "collectors". GTFO that high horse.

It'd be nice if FT were to finish at least one of the combiners this year, and, well, it would all point to this set as it is 4/5 instead of 3/5 like the Aerialbots. It'd be great if they somehow manage to get both, but man that would hurt. I do really want to see a nicely done Slingshot though, hopefully, that's the 4th member released.

At this point, I'll take either before Christmas.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

I could see maybe getting the PO solicit before X-mas, but I can't see them shoving more into their end-of-year lineup.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    if you wont pay $1700 for FT65 Wheelie you should delete your account and quit collecting

• Like Like x 3
  4. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No offense, but I fail to see the sense in this train of thought in some of this.

Soundwave's price is nowhere near any norm. There's no way for that to be true that a regular-sized bot costs almost as much as the recent SKYFIRE reissue (who to begin with when originally released DIDN'T EVEN BREAK $200), who ends up being way larger and likely more expensive by manufacturing standards as well.

Now I should mention that i'm a huge hypocrite, i'm getting 2 fucking Soundwaves while I say all this, but at the same time I can't ignore the sheer insanity of the price hike as of recent.

I agree, while we all, myself included, want lower prices, I honestly don't see it happening any time soon unfortunately. Fans Toys saw what they were getting for what they made and for whatever reason it may be, they decided to go whole hog and milk it all to never before seen degrees. And while I am an aforementioned hypocrite who's still paying for this shit despite it all, I really do hope for the sake of you and everyone else that, while the odds are stacked against us, we see a glimmer of hope somewhere.

NGL i'd love to see an OM Menasor, and Superion to boot.

I'd personally argue either first or last but yeah, besides that I totally agree. Get the torso and skeleton done together and leave the limbs to themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  5. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    I know you are joking, but I actually totally believe that a lot of toy collectors have no business being collectors. It’s one thing to have all your bills paid, kids fed, and retirement invested and THEN buy whatever hobby you support. It’s quite another to max out a credit card, get divorced, and have nothing but a room full of plastic to show for your life’s work. I’ve known both types of collector over the years.

• Like Like x 8
  6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Nah, their early engineering is quite mediocre, Nowdays they design very complex and cool bots.

Which episode does the pic come from?

Some FT's collectors believe that they are somehow special because they can buy their t̶o̶y̶s̶ collectibles at insane prices. And to be honest, I see them as a "special class of collector" who likes to be ripped off and then brag about it on social media. In my country we call them idiots, I don't know about the rest of the world... :p 

• Like Like x 5
  7. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    Given FT figures have only gotten more expensive because they've become more popular and resellers have been marking them up to high heavens, I think criticizing their recent pricing for both new figures and reissues are fairly reasonable. And I say this as someone who's still getting Acoustic Wave(mainly because I'm such a Soundwave simp :p )

8. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pic is from part of Five Faces of Darkness, opener of season three. Not sure which exact part.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Doom Slayer

Doom Slayer Unrelenting force of nature

I think it is part 1.

10. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Exactly.

FT has become a $200 a month "expense" in a good month. All that you mention, I have. This is not a dick measuring contest by any means, but I do quite all right for myself (and therefore my family) and I still CAN'T comprehend how some of you buy 4 of everything on a monthly basis. I just can not fathom how filthy rich one must be to have all his/hers finances taken care of, on top of everything else that life throws at you (family/mortgage etc etc). And if one is single I'd assume all that extra money gets spent on trying not to be single...

I have gone ahead and canceled my Dibot reissue PO's, as I simply can not budget that extra expense in my head. It sucks but such is life. My cards need to be at 0 at the end of the month, every month.

Like you, I have met collectors renting an apartment at 35 Y/O while blowing it all on toys, and yeah, we can't judge (in a way we do because of human nature) but that is just something I can't imagine myself ever doing.

So for all of you buying 4 of everything on a monthly basis, I salute you. You all must be easily making 6 figures a year at the very least.

• Like Like x 3
  11. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Ah, but it’s a carbot AND an arm, so considered a triple changer and has to have additional engineering, like Smokey’s crafty knee, to make it all work. As Smokey and bandit have very different leg configuration in bot mode it makes the engineering different for arm mode.

anyway we’ll never know for sure!

12. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

I agree except the spending all money on not being single part. :p 
    Some sure, but not all. Women come and go regardless, and if anything, spending on making your own life awesome should be enough honey for the bees given being well off, career, gym membership or equip to get toned, etc.
    Following that line of thought, if I had the money to spend on 4 extra of FT figs, you can believe I would never waste that money on FT figures either for collecting reasons or as an investment and spend it on a nicer car, maybe saving for a bigger or better house, even a really special vacation. If I already had a dream life and literally every other need met, then maybe 4 of each lol. But honestly even then, I rather spend on other wicked collectibles. There's so much cool stuff from so many other IPs.
    Here's a cool metal song about the craziness of consumerism as a whole. Just for fun, last I'll speak on this tangent.

13. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    As long as there’s enough left for a happy ending, all’s well

14. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

Devil’s advocate and different perspective… this past year, you may have been lucky with stonks, you’ve been in lock down and have barely gone out, let alone travel. Sure can build up a giant pile of disposable income even after factoring in things like mortgages, expenses, retirement savings, etc.

Yes, you definitely can pour all that extra money into savings, debt servicing, or that special trip, but you can also enjoy and expand on your hobbies.

Just don’t go crazy overboard towards one end or the other.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Their "third" mode is more a "configuration" than a real third mode actually.

16. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I considered myself as doing ok prior to the panoramic on 5 figures. Then got furloughed for some time, denied unemployment and now that im back to work inflation has left me behind.

ive actually been cancelling orders. First time ive ever had to do that.

Starting a business that I hope will turn things around for us. Cuz I can struggle to get back to where I was, which I found out wasnt nearly as good as I thought, or shoot for the moon and do better.

Maybe the late tax will not be so bad next year.

17. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

I didn't mean don't enjoy or expand your hobbies, I meant that four of the same figure was a waste as you could at least get 1 or 2 different figures. 4 or more is a waste in my view as that extra money could go to enjoy and expanding another joy, like driving or sports equip or millions of other things, if not towards saving or investing. Its like being a billionaire and buying 4 of the exact same merc, or you can buy a lambo, save for a mansion, or buy a private jet or something.
    Anyway, obviously can do whatever they want, just expressing my opinion on that being a waste.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Daelo88

Daelo88 Banned

Do like me and PO FT just to resell it to new FTfanboys. I think I'm done collecting them cause it has become a chore to try to PO and enjoy your toy upon release and not think about how much a chunk of change you just spent.

19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:

Happy endings are clearly stories that haven't ended yet!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

There's always a sequel that reveals everything went tits up after the credits rolled.

• Like Like x 1