Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well considering how heavy the bots seem to be anything's possible, even with the main combiner part being a skeleton. Remember Monolith?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Sad but true, there will always be fanboys everywhere but you know what, I will never defend FT's ridiculous price gouging by the way but at least with the looks and build of their figures their cult like following is definitely more understandable than the likes of XTBs who literally have figures snapping in 2 out of the box in several videos and pics prior to and you still see people throwing money at them, saying shit like "I'm sure it's a one off, I hope mine is good!" or my personal favourite; ""Is it the best thing ever, no, is it the worst thing ever, no but it's the best thing since yadda, yadda.....".

I seriously doubt that, with what I've seen with the bugs and the Stunitcons from the other better options you speak of....let's just say if FT's renditions didn't exist I'd rather have those slots remain empty than fill them with BC's awful looking 'Gimli' proportioned bugs and XTB's undersized cars with the usual dogshit XTB quality. The so called better options look like pure ass to me.

True, but I wonder, could it be just because it isn't out? Roadking was out in March 2019 followed by Spoiler in September 2019, 6 months later or so, followed by Magnum in June 2020, 9 months later or so, and then Smokey in Jan 2021, 7 months later or so. By that release pattern with at least 6 months being the minimum time release window maybe the figure isn't just out yet but who knows?

Same here, but you never know with FT, look at their Omega, not a disaster by the stretch of the imagination but I heard it had balancing issues but I'm with you, I just find it hard to believe they'd drop the ball like that in 2077 CyberPunk fashion but.....you never know!

• Like Like x 1
  3. corduroy

corduroy Well-Known Member

Hydraulic shocks, gyroscopic instruments, pistons, carbon alloy steel frames.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Monolith was pretty light, and certainly didn't give people hernia, I am saying the FT one will be the opposite ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    It should be as heavy as Omega Supreme, who I use for my workouts.

• Like Like x 2
  7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I have to think it is this with the combined weight and tolerances presented a much larger issue than normal. Increasing strength of ratchets, tightening joints, while not putting undue stress of plastics all part of the equation. I have no doubt they had an idea of the weight and a rudimentary skeletal shape prototype in some form to test efficacy. These are people with a ton of plastic and build experience with figures of this kind of weight so its silly to think they didn't try to account for things. However, anything that scales up in size or weight presents unique challenges with previous irrelevant variables, whether its chemicals (relative humidity, viscosity, dissolution, temperature gradient, etc.) or in this case physical size and movement, tolerances, ratchet gap strength and tension, etc.

Superion is going to present a different challenge in that that skeleton while solve some problems the actual bots will still have function as knees, shoulders, and elbows without the external support. XTB has taken the same approach with Defensor as Menasor. I am not so sure FT elects to go that route for the full body. Bruticus certainly does not work that way and will probably resemble more of Zeta's solution. I see a similar solution with Computron, Abominus, and Predaking.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Facts: components are heavy, joints will be stressed, Combiner will be top heavy. But people here take it so personal, I am not attacking anybody, I am attacking ideas rather ;) 

Just friendly discussion and I am enjoying every moment! Some replies are quite clever, other are stupid memes or post from divinecomedy...

Not problems per se, but potential issues based on information that we do know. But people here overreact. Hopefully it won't be any problems.

Either way, I am more interested in the solutions FT could provide to sort out the limitations of their design. :) 

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Yeah, XTB has lost a lot of credibility right now... I have more faith in Ocular Max that appears to be a healty company... For now. Takara is" another option" but I don't believe they will release as many bots as FT does.

Well, that's a matter of personal taste, I do like the Badcube's insecticons more, I don't like Monolith, but I think the alt-modes are roughly the same size, right? The best G1 Stunticon team is FT's, there is no contest, at least for the individual members, I still have serious concerns about the gestalt stability, but it looks cool, Monolith is more accurate ... Not necessarily a good thing though...

Nice debating, thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Who knows, FT MM is so heavy and even FT Breakdown and Wildrider aren’t light so Menasor will naturally be inclined to topple over backwards, maybe you need to make the arm bots even heavier than the legs and to extend the arms outward when posing just as a forward counterbalance

• Like Like x 2
  12. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Not a bad idea, but how much Roadking protrudes from Marauder's back? Do we know that?

13. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:

You’re just a dude that likes other companies better than FT. That’s cool, it’s not super interesting for debate or anything. Are FT too expensive right now? Yes. Are they better than other companies’ releases? Well, if you want good materials, paint, proportions, G1 accuracy display and resale value then yes, they are better. If you want maximum articulation, a bargain, non-G1 aesthetic or the ability to transform it back and forth a lot, then you might not be into it.

They’re untested with combiners so far, so it could go either way. They consider Zeta their biggest competitor, they’ve matched the scale and parts-forming style of Zeta combiners but have improved all the individual bots (but also made them heavier). So they’ve put a lot of thought into combiners and don’t have a history of phoning it in like XTB. They’re not trying to change the combiner scale halfway through, or add a base mode, they just need sturdy ratcheted joints, solid clean connections and a warning to customers not to put them on top of their detolfs or they could kill a small child or a cat. Hopefully they learned lessons from Terminus G’s weak hips.

It might blow up but they’ve earned a lot of good will with a lot high quality figures so it’s worth the risk!

• Like Like x 8
  14. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Nice reply, but too be honest with you, I don't like other companies better than FT, maybe "sometimes" JiYi... I usually base my decisions on the bots' merits alone, that's why I have figures from multiple companies, sometimes is FT, XTB, OM, JX or Badcube which I never cared about until now.

I still have 3 preorders for FT Berserk, which I think is the BEST triple changer so far (in concept at least)... So as you can see, I really don't have a favorite company I just know very well what I do like and what I don't.

• Like Like x 1
  15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Don't bother. Keep buying FT and you might just see a spontaneous human combustion.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fett2002

Fett2002 Well-Known Member

I hear ya. Price should dissuade people for sure. At present, it hasn't dissuaded me because 1) I'm still relatively new to the whole 3P MP thing (not even a year in) and 2) when I get into something, I have a bad habit of going head first without control. Lol.

What would you consider "better options?" I do have the XTB Klaatu, which is excellent, and the the MMC Combaticons, which are pretty cool. As opposed to XTB and FT, MMC had no issues getting their combiner out.

17. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    That depends on you personal taste and what figure we are talking about.

Assaultus is great. It is an impressive feat of engineering, not perfect but quite impressive nonetheless.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Abra-ca-Bandit!

Drat. I thought I could summon him.
    Are we in for a week of wild speculation since FT is likely on holiday?

• Like Like x 3
  19. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Fist of the North Star

News Credits:
    They're literally shipping Quietus, holiday where?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I mean in regards to Bandit. Quietus is a done deal and a whole nother thread. It is also chinese labor day holiday.

i am merely curious if that means not to expect any news on bandit this week or if they might still do a surprise preorder dump regardless of their holiday.

• Like Like x 1