Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If a non transforming skeleton results in a more articulated combiner, I have no problems with that.

The thing is, this is like crying over spilt milk. The transforming trailer's already designed, and there's no indication that dalianjj will be going in a different direction.

Also if you think about it. A trailer is more compact and therefore easier to ship.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Either way I'm just gonna end up sticking the skeleton in storage when I'm not using the combined mode, the only difference is I'll have to transform it once (since it will no doubt come packaged in trailer mode) and potentially fuck up the paint. Why would I bother transforming it ever again? Motormaster never had a second trailer, not in the toon, toy, comic, or any fiction, and he won't look better with a second trailer. Plus the transformation is probably gonna be hell. I feel like the only reason anyone would have any desire to transform the skeleton more than once is out of some kind of sense of "principle". Which, I mean, I get it, I also like my Transformers to transform. But what's the functional, practical difference if it doesn't transform into something I'll ever want to transform it into?

I feel like the best compromise would have been to make it transform into a simple base mode, like the Zeta Bruticus combiner parts. A few quick steps with simple engineering that doesn't compromise the combined mode while making it easier to store and giving it something to do while the stunticons are separated.

• Like Like x 3
  3. franpincho

franpincho Simp Slayer

It's cool as hell?

Every company making a Menasor obviously do not agree with your POV, so I guess we'll have to wait until someone makes another Menasor to see if a non transforming skeleton makes for in fact, a better figure.

That all sounds more like "that's kinda your problem" kind of thing man. And I haven't mess the paint on any of my FT items and I'm a transformer heavy user. Paint is great after all of that.

Like I said, not everyone will be happy and that is just a fact of life.

Lucky for me, I am completely fine with FT's decision.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

You asked why we'd be okay with a non-transforming skeleton. If you didn't want to know "my problem" with a transforming trailer, you shouldn't have asked.

• Like Like x 7
  5. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

For a combiner, yeah, I'm good with it. If it makes it cheaper, more aesthetically pleasing and stable.

I'm really happy with the Zeta combiners.

If it can transform AND still be stable and not have wonky proportion issues, I'm willing to pay the additional cost. But it's not a deal breaker. I really dislike the MMC and UT combiners. I can't comment on the XTB trailer yet as I'm still waiting on mine.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

A second trailer makes zero sense. If we’re talking about making a gestalt out of five pieces that are heavy due to size and die-cast parts, that skeleton needs its various supporting joints and attachment points as strong as possible. RK already has a trailer, that was photographed with the cars fake being loaded into the back. A second trailer would defeat that play feature.

Remember, it was Toyworld’s Constructor that revolutionized the combiner game, not XTB. FT hardly includes enough accessories to begin with. A transforming second trailer turned skeleton? Surprise me but I won’t hold my breath.

• Like Like x 3
  7. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Fist of the North Star

News Credits:
    what is the point of this? we will all buy the figure anyway regardless.

Still waiting for my smokey tracking to update

8. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

It passes the time.

• Like Like x 4
  9. 6Trash9

News Credits:
    find a hobby

10. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto #1 Meshuggah Fan

News Credits:
    We could just be at each other's throats like the haslab unicron thread, if that would make you feel better.

• Like Like x 5
  11. OstOgBajer

Lol... Sounds like we all need a hobby, then ;) 

12. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

A hobby to distract myself from my hobby? Hobbyception?

• Like Like x 2
  13. OstOgBajer

download (3).jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Chirulazo

Chirulazo Well-Known Member

Its totally understandable if people anticipate the skeleton to transform, but into what? Maybe a battle station. FT Motormaster already comes with the trailer. I don't mind if it does not transform if it means a more solid combined figure. I am not all against it transforming, but if you give me the choice I prefer it doesn't. I guess there is no right or wrong in this matter, I just hope they do a good job for their first finished combiner.

• Like Like x 1
  15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since the trailer is the friends we made along the way, then yeah finding a hobby makes sense.

Friends != hobby.

• Like Like x 3
  16. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

I don't want a non transforming "skeleton".
    There shouldn't even be a "skeleton" but rather the robots robot or alt mode parts either coming apart and adding back, or transforming completely without any parts forming.
    You can have your own preferences, but these are mine. The closer to being all built-in, the closer it is to the real thing if these robots were real. Also, I don't want to have to go into a storage place just to switch between modes. It is already a semi hassle when the transformations are super complex/non-intuitive. Adding an element of me fishing through a parts container and it is a deviation further away from the fun that comes from losing myself in the fantasy.
    I of course want some good stability, but I can deal with a little less if it means all parts integration. I firmly believe that "pants" or a "skeleton" that does nothing else isn't a significant contributor to increased stability anyway. It is simply about the strength of joints across the board to manage the weight, which ideally is distributed well as well.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 6Trash9

News Credits:
    sleeping is a good hobby

• Like Like x 1
  18. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

Menasor is really the only combiner where the all in one is the least practical in toy form.

It's literally impossible to have a fully functioning and stable Menasor that does not use an additional trailer and doesnt sacrifice the cartoon aesthetic.

19. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

So out of curiosity, when you put your stunticons in vehicle mode, will you display Roadking with the second trailer? Also, what will you do with the second trailer when you have the stunticons in their individual bot modes?

• Like Like x 2
  20. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I mean, it's not that far removed from what Zeta did with Superior and Bruticus, yeah? I'd rather a well-built, solid torso than anything that transforms into a mode I'm never gonna use.

• Like Like x 2