Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because Fans Toys is Fans Toys is Fans Toys, and Fans Toys always Fans Toyses the Fans Toys out of Fans Toys, because Fans Toys.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know you were only joking in your response, but it's actually more like retailers raking their customers over the coals because... they can.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Markus76

But..... FT-44 Thomas Limited Edition I know this preorder is sold out but has this been happening with anything else where someone is raising the price by 110%?

That $450 looks like some ebay shit not from a real online retailer.

5. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Oh yeah no doubt. Can’t and won’t deny that.

Yep. ShowZ for at most, $350. TFSource, $360. EBay, even more.

I totally agree that it’s an egregious markup, but in the end, it’s business however you look at it.

Go check TFSource’s other listings, Iceman for $180, Magnum for $160, hell, they just had a restock of MP-36 up a couple days ago that topped at $400.

I’m looking at this and am against it as much as you are, but in the long run, that $450 is gonna end up being the new market price sooner or later and it’s for all the reasonable reasons, not right or wrong reasons. But again, that’s how business works.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Markus76

Iceman at 180 and Magnum at 160 while a little high, is still not nearly as egregious as Thomas for $450. That's more than MP-44. I do know that Xtransbots Dr. Egg going for $175 flipped a lot of people's shit including my own and I just went with the Earthrise Quintesson for my MP Quint.

I do see that MP-36 now going for $400 as well and that is the same thing especially when the MP-36 toy deco is right next to that for $259. That is borderline criminal as well, but maybe when we buy things from other countries, american price gouging laws do not apply. Of course, not to get too political, but I do wonder if Trump's tradewar with China has anything to do with this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Fist of the North Star

News Credits:
    resellers are asking for 1/3 of that for megatron

8. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Absolutely has nothing with the trade debacle, if you ask me. People are selling Thomas and other FT items for even more than that.

XTB just happens to think their Quintesson is worth $175. Totally their call, it’s up to us as consumers to figure out if that price tag is worth it to us. Personally, I’m torn on Dr. Egg.

MP-36’s hike makes sense as well. It’s the definitive MP Megatron that blew everything else out of the water. The toy deco being at it’s MSRP has nothing to do with it, the demand for the toy deco is debatedly at least considerably lower than the regular deco, and for all the right reasons. It being criminal is totally subjective and I don’t blame you for your position. Business can be cruel sometimes but hey, that’s how it works.

So, how about that Spoiler reissue, folks?

• Like Like x 1
  9. strife2k7

strife2k7 Well-Known Member

If anyone happens to be looking for these, mine are in the BST thread along with the Aerialbots and all my other FT figures, Including Smokey if you missed out on the pre-order for him.

10. 6Trash9

News Credits:
    damn too bad Im broke atm :lol 

11. strife2k7

Kindof felt bad about advertising here, but since the discussion was ridiculous prices and I think I'm being pretty reasonable on mine. Thought I'd toss it out there. I love these figures its just time to get out of the hobby. I can't keep trying to play sniper to get FT Pre-orders and there's just way too much money on my shelves to consign myself to not finishing the collection in huge chunks. I think I'll stick with a handful of targeted pieces and just let the rest go.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 6Trash9

News Credits:
    I'm sure you'll get a lot of PMs with those prices, if there's anything left by next week I'll probably take a figure off your hands (It's sad that this hobby is getting too expensive, I just started in June)

13. strife2k7

Oh I still have tons of Takara MP and other 3p figures to list. Figured I'd start with the easy stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Link?

15. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan TFW2005 Supporter

Man, I'm so stoked that I got Roadking.

I just have to say I F**KING LOVE THIS TOY!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fans Toys is definitely the perfect name for this company. These are toys made by FANS. When you look at what they've done so far, you can't help but see the love of Transformers and the painstaking attention to detail these people have. Man, I wish I worked there. I should have taken more mechanical engineering classes in college.

• Like Like x 12
  16. Markus76

Man I bought him the day he came out and I am still fiddling with him transforming him back and forth and posing him constantly. Fanstoys was the only company that integrated a full trailer into the transformation. That's damn impressive and even with that, it sill looks the best of the three options and I fail to see how anyone would think that XTB or DX9's offerings look better.

I have over 50 MP and 3rd party figures and Roadking is one of the top 5 easily. MP Megatron, MP 44, Phoenix, and maybe Grindor are the only ones that are even in the same ballpark of awesomeness.

• Like Like x 1
  17. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

It is truly the very best 3P figure ever made.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Iron dibot

Iron dibot Well-Known Member

In my collection he's tied with Quietus and Thomas. Can't decide wich I like best.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Markus76

Quietus is a tiny notch down only because of the QC issue with the cockpit. other than that, he'd be right there. I'm still waiting for my Thomas. I expect it to be legendary.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Iron dibot

Iron dibot Well-Known Member

I never had any problems with his cockpit. I do own the T version so I don't know if that matters or not. Flipped him back and forth quite a few times and never had any problems with him whatsoever. Thomas is pretty much perfect imo. I do have a misaligned knee but it doesn't bother me since I don't pose him in an A stance and it doesn't affect the transformations as far a I can tell. His shelf presence in all of his modes is spot on. My collection is in my living room (I love my wife) and my eyes are drawn to him every time I enter. Same for Roadking and Quietus. Can't help at least admiring them almost every single day. As I said, I can't decide wich of the three I like better.

• Like Like x 2