Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably a silly question, but have we seen clear protoype shots of any of the Mensaor combined modes?
    I know we've seen XTB renders, but have DX9 or FT shown anything and have we seen actual prototpye shots of XTB's? (The CAD software that XTB uses doesn't give that same "almost grey protootype" look that FT's does.) Front pages of all three threads don't show anything at this stage.
    I'm pretty much in on FT's at this point but I really want to see how all theses combiner's look!!

2. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Latest I'm aware of we have seen a render of X-Transbots, a silhouette in the background of an image for FansToys, and a grey prototype of the Menasor "skeleton" for DX9 with no cars on it (no idea if DX9 Motormster was in it behind the chest). FT has not shown anything of combined mode besides background shilouttes of group images of Aerialbots and Stunticons.

EDIT:
    Latest combined mode images I am aware of. Please correct me if there is something newer for any of them.

FT Menasor
    [​IMG]

FT Superion
    [​IMG]

XTB Menasor
    [​IMG]

DX9 Menasor
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Cool....
    Well, just spent 20 minutes scrolling back through the DX9 thread before I smacked myself in the back of the head and remembered Google search. DX9 and XTB look alright so far. Can't wait to see FT's.
    upload_2018-10-29_12-19-23.png

4. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is a cleaner pic of the DX9 one. I've also asked mods to add DX9 pics to the first post of that thread. to make it easier going forward.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Sweet!! Thanks. They'e all going to have to split the arm bots across the elbow aren't they? Either with fake parts or a car that breaks in two? Be interesting to see how that works for them all.

6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I believe that technically, we've not seen the *combined* mode of DX's. All those pics are JUST Motormaster, in "torso" mode. DX 9's version takes "tacking the cars on as accessories" to a whole new level.

• Like Like x 1
  7. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

I feel confused about which thread I'm in. Are these meant to be comparison pics for an upcoming menasor reveal from FT? I don't think we can expect that anytime soon.

8. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    C'mon FT, you don't want my money!

Show me a combined mode!

*pretty please*

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Same with XTB. I can't see FT's operating any other way either, but to be fair I couldn't see FT's Motormaster compacting the trailer down like it does, so who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Doombot80

Doombot80 Active Member

Damn, the FT Motormaster looks amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    It really is a shame honestly that I've already committed to XTBs figures....rather, it's a shame that FTs are way out of scale.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the FT version is out of scale for you, the XTB version has you covered.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gluejohn

gluejohn Well-Known Member

I gotta say, I generally like XTB's stuff and have purchased their 1st two stunticons, but judging from the prototype pics, FT's motormaster gets the edge! I may even just purchase this MM and mix him in with the XTB carbots. Sacrilege?

14. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

I'm thinking I may pick up all of XTB's limb bots because I love having them at varbot scale, but I'll pick up FT's as well because its cool to have Stunts in svale with Aerialbots and having an MM that becomes cab and trailer is amazing!

If XTB Menasor turns out to be better then I'll grab their MM too, otherwise there'll be no need for me. Both sets looking great so far in different ways.

15. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I think this is probably the best we have ever had when it comes to multiple companies offering the same product. Normally there's a clear winner but here you have options and can't make a bad choice.

I think price to quality XTB is a clear winner, the first two are built as good as any fans toys product and will likely be around 1/2 the cost of FT's bots. If you like the matching to Autobot car bots scale, it's a very very easy choice.

FT will always be a lot of peoples go to and theirs visually looks amazing. You know it will be full of paint and look brilliant.

DX9s looks amazing, I'm not a fan of their first stunticons, mine was full of QC issues (all around paint) but it's great to have a decent third option

All 3 looks absolutely brilliant.

My only concern is between this and superion that's 10 figures announced from FT and we don't have a starting release for even the first. Both sets are at least 2 years out to be complete and that's being optimistic that other figures from FT get pushed down the release order. That's a lot of commitment from a company that doesn't like committing to time scales.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Great assessment.

FT needs to secure a separate factory just for their combiners!

• Like Like x 1
  17. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Technically all of them are like that, XTB is going to use car shells on his arms... I believe FT will do the same, unless the cars "mass shift" like Roadking do.

18. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you got em early from TFS you got the grey-white version with bad paint and loose feet.

If you waited a month or two and got it elsewhere then it’s a brighter shade of white (though still not pure white) and the paint apps are better and the feet aren’t as loose but still not perfect.

19. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    The flip side is that it looks like FT have both MM and silverbolt in painted proto form so release is prob within 3-6 months for the torso bot in both sets. Most companies drop a limb bot first.

20. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

No, My Montana came with an included bag of replacement doors & bonet pieces and spoiler. On the replacement pieces the paint was no better. The over all figure has a mix of gloss off white paint & Matte white pieces which stand out. The paint on the chest comes off really easily and knee joint + Feet are awfully loose.

I love the design, but picking him up with XTB Crackup and it's like night and day how bad my Montana was

• Like Like x 1