Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Love it!

2. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

I seriously don't get where this idea that we need to be sucking up to the designer at FT came from. Is he in a corner somewhere, crying his eyes out every time someone says they don't like his work? Is this his JOB, or is he some little child that we're encouraging to do well at his studies because we'll shatter his fragile self-esteem. I love how you think I should be GRATEFUL to give a company my money for their products, lol. They should be grateful when I like their designs enough to give them my money, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

Do all these "rules" you've come up with apply when FT figures get released and people trash them on the boards for all kinds of crazy reasons? Should we all gang up and attack BSF for his review of Koot when he said he hated the figure and it was the worst transformation of the year, possibly ever. Where was the staunch defence of the the designer then or does protecting some nameless designer just help you in your justification in marginalizing me for having a different opinion?

Your argument is completely hypocritical and if you paid attention to these boards you'd know that people attack the person that disagrees with the majority posting on the site, no matter the "tone" of the disagreement. For an example, go look at the FT superion thread where all I've done was post an image of an improved design and already there's a poster there telling me to "shut up" (in so many words) because I've offered a suggestion. That's without me calling the design "hot trash", a major sin apparently in YOUR RULEBOOK, of things that cannot be said on a board and justify treating other members viscously.

EDIT: And BTW, half the people here not giving a "dickish" opinion like mine DON'T PLAN TO BUY THIS SET. At least I'm trying to improve a product that I INTEND TO SPEND MY MONEY ON.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  3. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reading posts like this is always funny. I'm like, "what the hell is he talking about?" Then I realized, "oh, he's talking to that annoying guy I've got ignored so I'm not seeing the rest of the conversation." I don't really have a point - just thought it was funny.

• Like Like x 16
  4. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I know what you mean. Occasionally I'll wander into a thread and take a while to figure out why everyone is saying random things.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great, another TFW thread ruined.

6. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Am I the only one getting dx9 and FT?

7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You praise FT's work and you get slammed.
    You criticize FT's work you get slammed.

I guess botfan just can't win either way.

8. rkg123

rkg123 Well-Known Member

Man - I think motor master looks amazing! Love the aesthetics - afraid of the price. Even though I’m not planning on picking up,the cars - I’ll pick this up for sure

9. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Damned for being different, lol.

It's ok, I know why people react that way to my posts. I tend to get a lot of attention and while it brings out a lot of detractors it also wins an audience. At least my point gets heard and is considered. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

It sucks that I make so many enemies, but people that have known me a while and see where I'm coming from know how to comment on what I'm doing. I tend to suck in people that haven't noticed my FT posting history the hardest and that's where things get hairy.

10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    just learn to ignore it makes life easier :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I have my nit picks (the feet) but overall I'm pretty happy with my likeness ;) 

I'm stocked to see color test shots of both him and Silverbolt.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Temp1

Temp1 Well-Known Member

I’m so excited for this to come out ...what’s the quickest turn around FT have done from showing fully painted figure preview pics to release?

13. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't really compared that closely (not in on XTB), but if I understood correctly XTB is achieving it with just the cab of the truck. FT is doing it with the cab and the entire trailer.

I was thinking about time frames on FT's figures. They revealed exactly 3 new prototypes in 2017, Arcee, Cyclonus, and Silverbolt. 2 are out and Silverbolt has been shown in color. By CNY they should have all their older reveals (as in showing prototypes at least) out except Blitzwing and Trailbreaker which are being redesigned and will be focusing on 2018 reveals (and Silverbolt depending how long he takes to get out).

I was, but was rather disappointed by the color my production Montana was in hand. I liked the bright white of the sample I saw, but the production one was mismatched and largely a dull grey-white. I still like what I've seen design wise from DX9, but they do need to make quality figures for me to continue.

Off the top of my head (I haven't double checked), I believe about 5 months. I've primarily focused on Prototype reveal to release, Lupus is the only one I can think of that we got the color testshot at reveal. It was shown at TFCon July 2016 in full color and then released by December 2016. However Chinese New Year is coming in the next 5 months so that makes the shortest possible less likely. The next two releases are Sixshot and Hot Rod. I would guess Silverbolt and Blurr are the next two after that and then Motormaster. Of course the color images of Motormaster, Silverbolt, and Blurr were all on the same day (for us) so the three could be in any order. I only guessed the other two are first simply because they were both shown several months ago and Motormaster wasn't.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you ignore someone? I have quite a few I will add to the list.

15. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

dsfdsfdfs.png

Edit: On their profile, of course.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if anyone has ever ignored themselves.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

X really looks the worst. Both dx and ft look equally good. Neither one looks better than the other.

18. eatingcake

eatingcake Well-Known Member

Man I'm glad I'm not too focus/strict on toon accuracy.

I'm an engineer myself, I know sometimes sacrifices are needed to get a product out in a somewhat timely manner, otherwise we'll be designing the product forever to try to make it perfect.

No product -> no sales -> no paycheck lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

That was my plan, but then I heard about Montana's QC problems. Were they ever ironed out?

20. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @cj37a I just wanted to share a correction (the edit at the end of the quoted post). I was rereading Dalianjj's posts in the FT Superion thread (notating for Roxxor's FT Releases thread) and he did specifically say "a few centimeters shorter than FT-20", so the "just shorter than Terminus' 58cm" part was wrong. My guess of where he is (55cm) would be the maximum they might be (just assuming "a few" is not 1 or 2)