Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Momobots

Momobots Eat my smoke!!

I'm so excited for dragstrip now that Astroboy has landed. Personally would love more yellow bots on the shelf to really break up the colours.

Smokey looks amazing to me, everything looks so clean - let's hope FT keeps it up, 2020 has been a really great year so far for 3rd party releases. A silver lining for all this bad stuff in real life. Being able to look forward to boxes in the post during lock down has been a godsend.

• Like Like x 4
  2. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Not A Well-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I believe that many years from now when we look back at Fanstoys' releases, their Stunticons will be up there with their Dinobots as some of their best work. Honestly, how this team is coming together is really knocking my socks off.

• Like Like x 7
  3. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

Just my opinion but the dinobots were kind of bland. Especially compared to these guys. That dull grey plastic just clashed with the chrome and red. But I do think these stunticons will be considered some of their best work. They already are as far as I'm concerned.

• Like Like x 3
  4. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Not A Well-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You know, I have to agree with you. I only have Grinder and Sever but the swirly grey plastic on Grinder leaves a lot to be desired. I still love them both to death... But I can't help but think what he would be like given a coat of grey paint a la Roadking or Thomas.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

Yep. But these guys are all gorgeously done.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Astro Boy? Astrotrain?

hmmmmmm

upload_2020-9-30_11-47-43.png

Swirly plastic is the only real gripe I can give them at this point. They all, Swoop especially, look STELLAR. Wish we had Dinobots with the looks of the Fans Toys but a size in-between their's and Gigapower's scales.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

The X version of the FT Dinos fixes that issue. The X set has the more blinged out lighter shiny grey and different details. I like some X versions like Scoria due to the red horns better. I’ve got 2 sets... but usually keep them in bot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If only they got a reissue...

:( 

• Like Like x 1
  9. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I skipped FT dinos because I was all-in on Gigapower's (no regrets there, btw). But awhile back I said I'd consider picking them up anyway if FT did another reissue, especially if they gave me a reason like they skipped the silver and gold for light gray and pale yellow, like the cartoon. Fast forward to today with FT's higher pricing and the insanity that is trying to preorder and buy one of FT's figures these days and I'd probably pass on a dinobot reissue. Just not worth the hassle.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same boat, I'm very happy with my Giga Power Dinobots no desire to own the FT versions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Momobots

Momobots Eat my smoke!!

To each their own, I got Gigapower 1st mostly because of praise from this board and even though I like them a lot (the presence is magnificent), many things didn't feel right with the overall look in bot modes to me.

Caved and bought all the FTs as well (that late tax on Stomp was a b*tch but seems even worse today) and was infinitely happier.

Considered selling the Giga set but I like them enough to now have FT displaying as bot modes and Giga as dinos. Looks awesome but running out of space fast!

• Like Like x 2
  12. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It took a lot of patience to be a collector of the X version of FT dinos. You would wait months and months and months after the initial release for the X version, but each time I was rewarded with a beautiful figure.

Hopefully the combined display of FT Stunticons and Aerialbots will give the same "wow factor."

• Like Like x 1
  13. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

Something strange is going on with Robot Kingdom. I buy all my Fans Toys figures from them and have been waiting to pre-order Smokey but they still haven't listed it. Two months ago I asked about it and they said it would be listed shortly. I sent a follow up a week ago and they haven't replied. They are normally very fast to respond to emails so I'm wondering what is going on.

Smokey is scheduled for release in November so unless it has been pushed back I'm not sure why Robot Kingdom is leaving it so late?

14. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

It’s really late to be listing Smokey, everyone’s been sold out for months, might wanna get ready to jump on one at release.

• Like Like x 3
  15. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

Yes I definitely will, problem is living in Australia the North American retailers are not a great option so there are fewer reliable sources. It's very strange for RK to not have it listed.

16. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

waiting for smokey to land

• Like Like x 1
  17. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Isnt there a Chinese holiday for the week? I would wait a bit more before panicking.

18. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    RK is not in china so unless they are celebrating Chinese holidays its irrelevant

19. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

I know Hong Kong isn’t “part of China” but they do celebrate some of the same holidays and it’s “Golden Week” right now and it’s celebrated in both mainland China and Hong Kong. So there is a holiday currently and I wouldn’t panic.

20. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    I didn't mean to come off as smart ass. Too many hours at work lately