Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

Me too, especially since I'm considering if I should/can get both XTB and FT. :banghead: 

I like the idea of normal carbot-scale Stunticons in robot mode, but I also really like how the FT limbs are normal car sizes and then turn into these huge robots. Makes them feel even more "in disguise" and/or impersonating Autobots.

• Like Like x 1
  2. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

I appreciate the support, as always Yeled. A lot of the hyperbole is due to the culture of this site. You've seen me do this enough times to notice a pattern, I'm sure. It doesn't matter how I approach giving these criticisms, people will pile on if you don't have the same opinion as everyone else. Whenever there's a reveal, everyone has their fan-goggles on and someone like me that says "No, wait, it's flawed!" gets piled on and a lot of the members here are very nasty about it. I feel like I must be on everyone's blocked list with the number of times people have threatened me with it.

Then, when a new fans toys release comes out everyone is in full gripe mode. This is the worst time to trash a figure, right when people are actually paying money, not lip-service like during these reveals, for the toy. This is the time when dalianjj must be smacking his head and saying, "why didn't you people tell me about these problems when I could change things?" I never trash a figure at release and always try to give it as much props as possible to make sure FT keeps making money, listening to our feedback, and gives us the best masterpiece figures on the market. The problem with what I'm doing is I have to deal with a TON of jerks on this site to do as much as I can for FT to keep them on top in the market. The JERKS really make it hard to keep FT on top, which is all I really want out of this. FT is keeping my collecting alive and when they do well, my collection does well, so I do feel personally invested. I won't touch any other 3P on the market.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of us are even triple dipping across companies FT/XTB/DX9.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Highly impressive engineering and sculpt FT I gotta admit these stunticons are spot on the there toon likeness. I’m already committed to XTB, but I really really want to get FT as well for the well done robot modes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Motormaster is so spot on, it's scary. It looks better than the toon.

• Like Like x 7
  6. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for summarizing those announced numbers. There is a lot of confusion on have 3 MP Menasors coming to the market. The fact that XTB scales with MP Cars (in car and bot mode) gets my purchase. But FT is making this impossible not to get their set.

• Like Like x 1
  7. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well it should, because the toon is a very limited design medium and a great Masterpiece product will transcend those limitations. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  8. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

And it's an all in one transformation! I really like not having a trailer that I have to store or set off to the side. Although I guess I'll have to do that for the Menasor bits anyway, but still, cutting back on clutter wherever you can is nice. I just hope the transformation isn't overly fiddly.

9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    And as somebody who has done exactly that in the software arena, all that happens is that the goalposts move to a different excuse. Your designs are not infallible just because you're a designer and criticism may be coming from people that aren't.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

Nobody is saying that you can't recommend ideas, dude.

Thing is, none us know what is or isnt possible fpr change at this point. We don't know how far along it is, we don't know what changes might affect modes that they've already committed to etc.

That said, we can still give constructive criticism as FT have proved time and again that they listen and if they can they will.

But your comments weren't constructive, they were sarcastic and aggressive, which comes across as ungrateful and disrespectful.

The proportions could be better ideally, but I could say that about almost all my MP's in one way or another but me and plenty of people still thought they were good enough.

I don't think they're nearly as bad as your saying because yours hasnt even been edited that much. Looking at your comments, you would think that you were looking for Primes build and got Cosmos instead.

Again, nothing wrong with constructive criticism. Just dont shit all over someones hard work because it isnt perfect as you see it. Especially something as subjective as being loyal to an inconsistently animated cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

I agreed with everything you said, except this part. This is just a straight up LIE and is the kind of BS that people post when they want to justify piling on the one person with a different opinion. Everything you described was how I approached things until you started characterizing some nasty aspect of my criticism. When referring to any nastiness, you are literally talking about the people that have been responding to me and you decided to join. There is typically a bully mentality on this site and people like to gang up here, without ever considering who is actually right or wrong. You're just another follower, so please don't pretend to be a moderate now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Well said. Also, I don't suppose you do 'charity' work? :p 

13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Fear the transformation!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm already in on XTB and I freakin' hate how FT has made the limb bots seeker sized, but damn that Motormaster is looking nice! For all the criticisms I make against FT, I have to say that I love love love the way they use clear plastic to accent their figures. The clear plastic bits on Koot and Quietus look great and the clear plastic bits on Motormaster look just phenomenal. That plus the fact that his alt mode looks in scale with MP-10 yet he has a single integrated transformation that's only a little taller is just amazing.

I have to admit that it's a liiiiiiiittle tempting to get FT's Motormaster as a standalone. But my display is crowded as it is and I'm already not sure how I'm going to fit the XTB Menasor and Zeta Superion even without double dipping on any figures.

• Like Like x 3
  15. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Now I have my answers to my previous two questions I asked you...

16. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Great! Still have no idea what the question was, though, but glad you got your answer :thumb .

17. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

I was late to the party. I was scrolling through and responded to your comment before I read what others had to say on it, so 'joining in' wasn't my intention, though I acknowledge it looks that way.

That being said...

"Literally shocked how bad that motormaster is. Apache first reveal level bad.

Limb figures look really amazing, don't touch those. Motormaster is hot trash. Scrap him and start again."

This is supposed to be constructive? Calling someone's work hot trash isn't nasty?

"Thank you FT for giving motormaster these proportions. Very toon accurate"

This post with the exaggeratted disproportioned pic you edited wasn't intended to be sarcastic?

Okay man. If thats what you genuinely feel, crack on.

• Like Like x 3
  18. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm, that is quite possible.

There are three options:
    - full body seperated
    - full body with Roadkill
    - severed limbs with cars and torso with Roadkill

• Like Like x 1
  19. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Ok, what is your point here? It's established I don't like the design, so where is the part that justifies all the members on this board being rude and nasty with me. I can't say the design is hot trash without everyone jumping down my throat, even though I've been offering solutions. Maybe if you didn't suggest that I was being rude to members on the board, then we could discuss the issues with the figure, but the truth is every response to my posts has been a tirade against me, just like yours was. And now it's all justified by something we already knew, that I don't like the design? You are really cracked. This is why people feel like they can't express their opinions on this board when they differ with others, little virtue warriors come along and attack you for your opinion and then justify their actions by saying you can't have that opinion in the first place.

20. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

Calling someones work a hot mess is a constructive opinion as far as you're concerned but people pointing out to you that its rude is an attack?

And then you go and call me cracked?

This isn't about giving opinions for improvement. Plenty of people have and do all the time. There's just a decent way to go about it, and a rude, dickish way to go about it, which ultimately draws attention.

You're not the only person that has given a negative opinion but you seem to be the only one that a fair amount of people felt the need to pull up about being impolite with it.

You can either hold your hands up and accept that calling someone's hard work a hot mess and being sarcastoc about it was rude, or you can keep playing victim about being told about it.

Either way, I'm done with this.

• Like Like x 5