Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I predict that there will be double, or even triple dipping across companies especially because of the combined mode size.

In addition to rubber tires we get moving doors, open hood, and flip up headlights. XTB hasn't done flip up headlights since Boost & Hatch.

• Like Like x 1
  2. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

These look effin great.... But they are just too damed big. I'm sticking with XTB.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if the FT Protectobots are the same size. Imagine an MP seeker sized police motorcycle bot.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I love me some Fans Toys stuff, but I'm doing XTB for Stunticons for many reasons.

• Like Like x 8
  5. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    FT just did what UT have been doing for a while... They get rid of the backpack and use that mass to make the bot taller.

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like Zeta Toys Bruticus and Superion, along with Toyworld's Devestator.

• Like Like x 1
  8. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just don’t understand where this giant size is coming from? I don’t recall the Stunticons ever dwarfing the Autobot cars like this. Wasn’t Motormaster roughly Prime sized and the limb bots roughly carbot sized? They look great, but XTB seems to be more in my wheelhouse.

• Like Like x 5
  9. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Fixed that for myself!

That's what she said!

:lol 

But seriously these guys are way too big in robot mode, I can understand why they did it for the size of Menasor and all but they're way too big. I prefer DX-9's scaling in both modes. My ideal height for each stunticon limb would be a height marginally taller than MP Hot Rod and carbot size in alt-mode of course. But this is the real world where mass shifting doesn't exist so........

But the million dollar question with the Stunticons as always is...Motormaster...how will he be handled? DX-9 hasn't revealed theirs yet?

More to follow....

• Like Like x 2
  10. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    I think the servers would overheat and melt.

11. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    How many people have been doing that? It's always seemed that the prevalent complaint (as well as my own) was that the alt modes are too big.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    The extra sets is a good point. I can definitely see using X-transbots for bot mode and another set for combined.

• Like Like x 1
  13. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The stuff nightmares are made of.

14. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Because the combined mode has to look good. The FT ones will not, because the alt-modes are supposedly the "same" size as the other carbots.

15. Saint Rygar

Saint Rygar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I usually love the figures of Fanstoys but i think this is the same mistake DX9 made (even worse), the bot modes are too damn big and i honestly prefer the idea of using partsforming for the combined mode because if Constructor is any indication that allows more stability and also allows to have good representations of ALL the modes. These (as good as stand alone figures may be) are only usable for the MP collection for combined mode with probably little partsforming but at the cost of giant bots and probably Badcube Wardog level transformation to be able to make them the size of a normal carbot alt mode.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Please don't make him cream colored

• Like Like x 5
  17. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before I get into my thoughts I figured I should emphasize this. he said SIMILAR not the SAME. We will have to wait and see exactly how close they actually are.

It's sad that FT has already shown us more than DX9 has.

FT Wildrider's torso is SOOOOOO much better than XTB's. I hated that plywood flat torso so much.

I like what FT did with the rear of Breakdown's car in bot mode, having it form the top of his torso. means it doesn't have to be on the backpack. It may not have as much blue on the legs as XTB, but I'll gladly sacrifice that to not have that ugly gap XTB created trying to add more blue.
    [​IMG]

I think it is safe to assume 25cm, half a cm taller than MP-10. That is the height they told us Silverbolt is. We also know Air Raid is close to Silverbolt.

I don't know your preferences enough to say whether it is one or not, but if it is a "mistake" it is financially more stomachable than if you had just paid the higher price for DX9.

A term used for the TW/Zeta combiners that have from the waist to the knees a completely separate part just for combined mode, basically where pants go.

FT first revealed Superion last November, so it has only been 7 months. I think BadCube Sideswipe and Red Alert are the only 3P figures to ever come out that fast, let alone the faster they did come.

As of right now they have 5 figures revealed more than 1 year ago. Sixshot and Mindwipe are both in color and look to be near release. Hot Rod was intentionally delayed due to Takara but we have been told he "should" hit later this year. Blitzwing we were just told in the last week they have given up trying to save their investment thus far and are redesigning him so at least we have an update. Trailbreaker is nothing admittedly. You could count Soundwave and Blaster but those were cancelled when FT was still a brand new company, before even Quakewave had been released so not the same strength they have now.

These are literally the Stunticons first 2 scenes from The Key to Vector Sigma Part 1. When they first come online they are in a circle but you can see Dragstrip basically in line with Motormaster and then as they are about to transport to Earth they are all lined up. The Stunticons are close to Motormaster's height. Honestly the MP Carbots should be bigger than Takara made them, but to have an in-scale Stunticon team (unless you are going Marvel Comics) with just each other then either the Stunticon limbs need to be Seeker height or Motormaster can't be MP-10 height.

Stunticons.png Stunticons2.png

The people in on the XTB set want the bot mode the same undersized height as MP Cars like Sideswipe instead of being sized with either other Decepticons or against their rivals the Aerialbots. Some of the people who were in on DX9 bot height were upset at larger alt mode, though others just considered it a "cost of doing business".

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  18. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you get caught up in a pissing match and take things too far. DX9 is putting out oversized Stunticons? Well we'll put out even bigger ones! That'll show them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Keith raises the prices of the next bots even more since its clear he'll have no competition at that scale.

• Like Like x 4
  19. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Eh...

I'm not really interested in seeker-sized Stunticons, for starters. Then there's the fact that FT has been showing off plenty of designs but they haven't released anything since Rogue. Didn't they even put their Blitzwing on hold? This is the third combiner FT's announced, but the first figure from the first one is still nowhere in sight. And given that their last couple of releases have been pretty underwhelming while XTB's Stunticons have been their best releases yet it's going to take a lot more than some renders and prototypes of figures that are probably years away to get me interested. Maybe, years from now their Menasor will be combined-mode choice, but so far these aren't doing anything for me.

• Like Like x 7
  20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Now we just need TT to throw in their hat into the ring.