Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

Did you grow up in the 80's? Toy guns were everywhere and very very popular. My friends and I would have huge war battles with our giant armories we accumulated. The whole toy gun bad thing didnt really kick until the tail end of the 80's and 90's.
    My mom used to get me good guys and my brother the bad guys....lol. He always loved the Decepticons and Cobra growing up.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's odd in the 80s when most of us grew up with toy guns and played outside with little care and now most of us are parents and have become little bitches.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Like killing themselves over dead video-game characters :lol 

4. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

I buy my kids all types of nerf guns. Problem is a lot of toy companies stopped making toy guns and ones you can find are pretty shitty or look dumb. I tell my kids to be careful outside with nerf guns, not because of police. It because other adults that like to go all Karen on kids for something they find inappropriate.

• Like Like x 6
  5. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So true.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

I like this thought process. Makes perfect sense to me. I really can't see myself paying for FT Autobot HM's as I like what MT have done thus far, so for them to finish Highbrow and Brainstorm would leave me content... If MT followed with Sureshot and Crosshairs - even more so. Perhaps also for the continuity in the look and feel of their product / team. I'd be happy to see XTB come good with Decepticon TM's. I think you're right - by the time FT finish what they have planned so far it will take them too long to get TargetMasters out. Going on their reveal tactics in the past, FT could very well show MF, TH, SS or any other character in spite of anything the opposition decide to do anyway.

I'd like to see FT reveal another triple changer after Blitzwing though. Sandstorm would be welcome. And it wouldn't be bad if they announced a Con TM after Chomp lands. If they can weave those individual threads within the G1 season 1,2 main cast I wouldn't be disappointed.

What you say about wanting to play catch with XTB and DX9 on the Stunts I totally agree with, also Zeta and their Superion. I imagine FT's Superion has punished the sales of Zeta's metallic version to some extent. I also think the fan-base (on the whole) will appreciate the chronological order of things - I know I do (even though, selfishly, I really want a Computron and Abominus first). Leaving Devy and Predaking, to me, is almost like saving the "best" until last - to end with a homerun 1,2.

I'm not sure I'm fully with you on the CangToys Predaking vs FT Predaking point though. Cang is just too far off the G1 style. I think FT will more likely be in competition with Zeta... if or when they show the next stages of their development. And if FT's Predaking is after Computron and Abominus it won't really be competition for Zeta so much as a replacement party.

Again all positive speculation. Thanks for your thoughts.

Parents are out there allowing their adolescents to play online FPS's all day long. I mean, yeah, Megatron is the epitome of power-seeking evil through the destruction of all things good. Plus he is a "gun" - but COD is on a different level. Can you imagine Megatron playing against some 12 year old 360-no-scoper or whatever they call themselves. The leader of the Decepticons reduced to a snivelling heap on the floor, begging Starscream to take the controller from him.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

Does anybody remember the Entertech battery powered water guns that were molded like real guns? They were initially in colors like army green, grey and black, but I think eventually they started being marketed in neon with crazy patterns so no one would ever accidentally think they were a real gun. I think the crackdown on toy guns was partially responsible for them going away, but I think it was also kids didn't want to rely on batteries for their water guns and the market got taken over by super soakers.

There were also cap guns, and as a kid I remember even having a replica rifle with a working bolt action (the chamber even had a fake bullet that would be exposed when you worked the action) that I'm pretty sure I got from Toys R Us. It certainly looked like a real gun. So that stuff was definitely prevalent even in the late 80s.

That being said, I can see why they cracked down. I remember in 8th grade, I had walked into the schoolyard and started talking to some friends. Then I noticed a cop car tear into the yard and I was like, "Is that cop car speeding toward us?" It stops like a foot away from us, and the cops start shouting at my classmate- unbeknownst to me, right before I joined them, one of them had been pointing a cap gun at traffic, and a truck driver called the cops. So the cops started cursing us out, grabbing the plastic gun and shattering it in their hand. I attempted to walk away, since this had nothing to do with me, and they were all, "Where do you think you're going?!" I guess in the end, shouting at us is all they really did, so it was scary in the moment, but there were no other consequences. Well, other than the cop destroying my friend's toy.

Anyways, getting back to actual transformers, I don't think my family knew enough about the characters to know whether they were a good guy or bad guy, so it wasn't really an issue.

• Like Like x 2
  8. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone looking for Magnum I'm gonna release him from BBTS. TCP just raised Magnum by $5 for those of us that PO so it's not that big a hit to the wallet as the $10 that Iceman was, so I'm keeping it there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. werewolfspice

werewolfspice Active Member

I’ll be all over that if I can catch it. Finances being what they are during this weird period, I wasn’t able to catch a preorder anywhere before they sold out and am super bummed that now that o have the money he’s just...gone.

• Like Like x 1
  10. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Not A Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Born in '85, but women tell me I have yet to grow up.

I have a younger sister who kept me in the loop on all the 90's toy developments, Tamagochi, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than a Fanstoys box.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Can't decide if I went too big with the Decepticon decal on Spoilers chest. Hopefully the space on Magnums chest for a logo will be around the same size otherwise I may have to learn how to remove waterslides just to sooth my ocd :oops: 

20200529_001003~2.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  12. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Well, it's already been confirmed by at least one store that FT limits the number of figures each store can order, versus other third parties who allow stores to ask for whatever number they want to order. So they're definitely creating artificial scarcity, and that strategy seems to have increased lately. It's also effective from a business perspective to get people to buy in early due to FOMO.

I just hope it's for legitimate reasons on their end versus just to drive demand and justify high prices.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Novascreamer

Novascreamer cannon fodder

News Credits:
    Perhaps that is all the 'time' they can get in the factory they use to assemble their figures. A certain number maybe all they can make in a month. /shrugs

• Like Like x 3
  14. fywdyl

fywdyl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you end up having to remove it, all you need to do is wet the decal again and gently rub on it. It'll come right off.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

When kids get shot by police because it looks like the kid is carrying a gun, that tends to change things.

• Like Like x 2
  16. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

Defo too big for the chest. I reserve those for leaders. Just my opinion of course.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Looks about the same to me. If anything Magnum's is bigger.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what you are saying is a cop just shoots a kid with a toy gun, the kid wasn't waving it around at them like it was real? Believe what you want to believe.

19. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

Why are the knees different on each leg of Smokey? I just noticed a die cast part on the left knee?

20. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

"The union between toy guns and blaze orange began in August 1987, when a mentally ill man named Gary Stollman walked onto a live television set at KBNC, in Burbank, Calif., shoved a BB gun into a reporter’s back and demanded that a handwritten statement be read on the air.
    The show cut to black, so viewers missed the bizarre ending to Stollman’s manifesto: “There’s no way I could harm anyone with this empty BB gun.” The next year, in response to the KNBC incident, State Senator David Roberti of California proposed a bill, which soon passed and was signed into law, that required the front of every toy firearm to either be painted in bright colors or be fitted with a bright-colored safety tip." article by Jay Caspian King. New York Times Magazine 12/16/2014

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 5