Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grading an unlicensed product makes absolutely no sense. I can't even express why...it is just so illogical.

• Like Like x 2
  2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's only illogical for people who are not collecting products coming from the same producer. I do get what you mean, since "grading" was initially set for main line products.

• Like Like x 1
  3. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    I'm with you on this. Besides Devy, their combiner release schedule has coincided with the combiners' order of appearance in the cartoon. Devy was teased first, then Menasor and Superion began to be released concurrently.

Why would they choose to do two combiners at once? Well, they're tied together in the cartoon story, and opposite factions. I have a hunch that Menasor and Superion were chosen because that's their order of appearance. I'd also argue that each new combiner character's popularity lessens the further the show goes on.

So why skip Devy? Well, this was FT's first crack at a combiner, and it's a little safer going with a scramble city-style one than Devy. Also, DX9 and XTB were releasing their Menasor at the same time.

For these reasons, I think the next combiner will be Bruticus and Defensor released concurrently, then Predaking (which will compete with Cang Toys' schedule), then Abominus and Computron released concurrently, and finally Devastator.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

I'm having major doubts going in for any more fanstoys combiners now, i've seen that dragstrip has already sold out in the uk, with tfexpress who right now seem to be the only retailer i know of that stocks there products in the uk at retail price on a regular basis while that's not a huge problem you've always got showz baba and other decent sellers right now with this covid situation buying from china is a no no for me i've still got stuff lost out there in the ether, i aint gonna risk putting my eggs in a basket of a chinese seller for lets say deadend to wait what? 2 months for it to turn up or in the worst case scenario get lost to be stuck with a combiner team that cannot combine because you cannot get a certain member of the team

I'm not paying after market prices, so to me i think i need something a bit more concrete that vague promises of reissues, of course i understand you can't keep reissueing stuff forever at some point somebody misses out i get that, but i feel with these combiners it's important people are able to complete the entire set or are given ample oppertunity to finish it, not miss out because they didn't sit at there computer waiting for there local retailer put them up for sale, missing out because you didn't even know they were up because people are buying 2 or sometimes 3 hell ive seen people with 4 or 5 of one.

Ironic really they are called fanstoys when it's the so called "fans" killing my passion to complete this team right now, it's a shame really because in a lot of cases it's the real fans are the ones actually losing out while others line there pockets

• Like Like x 6
  5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

dalianjj teased Sky Lynx for April Fools but they are definitely doing it. It has FT written all over it. I think Fortress may have "some" Cerebros accessories. I also think they will want to make a Gasket/Grommet/Cog. It gives them time to stretch it out. With Metroplex, I would also think a Scrapper, Slammer, and Six Gun make an appearance. I have the Before and After Six Sigma but many people don't.

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Cang Toys version even registers with FT. It's stylized and not G1 and it is essentially a TFC like product. I have their Road Caesar so not dissing the company. I hope people enjoy it but I think for most it doesn't count. A 6 member team with an Optimus Primal member? I have the OS KO MMC Feral Rex. That one is a pretty damn good stand in until FT.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah anyone that buys more than 1 of each figure should be BANNED!

8. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Dammit, I want these figs.  Dont have any major 3P products outside of kits and a bootleg Ratbat.  My Deceptz are severely outnumbered but my Autobots, though.

9. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

That definitely works for me. Defensor has been sorely neglected and needs a toon version badly. At least there's a Warbotron version for Computron, though I do want the FT version as well. I just want a Defensor NAO! haha

10. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

In the show the decepticons were outnumbered also. That's just what kids got. Far more kids wanted an Optimus Prime over a Megatron. Not to mention parents not wanting to buy an "evil" character for their kids in the 80's especially.

• Like Like x 1
  11. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    Or a gun!

• Like Like x 1
  12. A03

A03 Well-Known Member

No worries, can't win them all :) 

13. Predaking1973

Predaking1973 Well-Known Member

Guns were not the BIG issue back in the 80's as they are. Parents didn't buy Decepticons because they wanted their kids to play with good guys who always did right and made the right decisions.

• Like Like x 2
  14. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

Did you grow up in the 80's? Toy guns were everywhere and very very popular. My friends and I would have huge war battles with our giant armories we accumulated. The whole toy gun bad thing didnt really kick until the tail end of the 80's and 90's.
    My mom used to get me good guys and my brother the bad guys....lol. He always loved the Decepticons and Cobra growing up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    It's odd in the 80s when most of us grew up with toy guns and played outside with little care and now most of us are parents and have become little bitches.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Like killing themselves over dead video-game characters :lol 

17. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

I buy my kids all types of nerf guns. Problem is a lot of toy companies stopped making toy guns and ones you can find are pretty shitty or look dumb. I tell my kids to be careful outside with nerf guns, not because of police. It because other adults that like to go all Karen on kids for something they find inappropriate.

• Like Like x 6
  18. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    So true.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

I like this thought process. Makes perfect sense to me. I really can't see myself paying for FT Autobot HM's as I like what MT have done thus far, so for them to finish Highbrow and Brainstorm would leave me content... If MT followed with Sureshot and Crosshairs - even more so. Perhaps also for the continuity in the look and feel of their product / team. I'd be happy to see XTB come good with Decepticon TM's. I think you're right - by the time FT finish what they have planned so far it will take them too long to get TargetMasters out. Going on their reveal tactics in the past, FT could very well show MF, TH, SS or any other character in spite of anything the opposition decide to do anyway.

I'd like to see FT reveal another triple changer after Blitzwing though. Sandstorm would be welcome. And it wouldn't be bad if they announced a Con TM after Chomp lands. If they can weave those individual threads within the G1 season 1,2 main cast I wouldn't be disappointed.

What you say about wanting to play catch with XTB and DX9 on the Stunts I totally agree with, also Zeta and their Superion. I imagine FT's Superion has punished the sales of Zeta's metallic version to some extent. I also think the fan-base (on the whole) will appreciate the chronological order of things - I know I do (even though, selfishly, I really want a Computron and Abominus first). Leaving Devy and Predaking, to me, is almost like saving the "best" until last - to end with a homerun 1,2.

I'm not sure I'm fully with you on the CangToys Predaking vs FT Predaking point though. Cang is just too far off the G1 style. I think FT will more likely be in competition with Zeta... if or when they show the next stages of their development. And if FT's Predaking is after Computron and Abominus it won't really be competition for Zeta so much as a replacement party.

Again all positive speculation. Thanks for your thoughts.

Parents are out there allowing their adolescents to play online FPS's all day long. I mean, yeah, Megatron is the epitome of power-seeking evil through the destruction of all things good. Plus he is a "gun" - but COD is on a different level. Can you imagine Megatron playing against some 12 year old 360-no-scoper or whatever they call themselves. The leader of the Decepticons reduced to a snivelling heap on the floor, begging Starscream to take the controller from him.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anybody remember the Entertech battery powered water guns that were molded like real guns? They were initially in colors like army green, grey and black, but I think eventually they started being marketed in neon with crazy patterns so no one would ever accidentally think they were a real gun. I think the crackdown on toy guns was partially responsible for them going away, but I think it was also kids didn't want to rely on batteries for their water guns and the market got taken over by super soakers.

There were also cap guns, and as a kid I remember even having a replica rifle with a working bolt action (the chamber even had a fake bullet that would be exposed when you worked the action) that I'm pretty sure I got from Toys R Us. It certainly looked like a real gun. So that stuff was definitely prevalent even in the late 80s.

That being said, I can see why they cracked down. I remember in 8th grade, I had walked into the schoolyard and started talking to some friends. Then I noticed a cop car tear into the yard and I was like, "Is that cop car speeding toward us?" It stops like a foot away from us, and the cops start shouting at my classmate- unbeknownst to me, right before I joined them, one of them had been pointing a cap gun at traffic, and a truck driver called the cops. So the cops started cursing us out, grabbing the plastic gun and shattering it in their hand. I attempted to walk away, since this had nothing to do with me, and they were all, "Where do you think you're going?!" I guess in the end, shouting at us is all they really did, so it was scary in the moment, but there were no other consequences. Well, other than the cop destroying my friend's toy.

Anyways, getting back to actual transformers, I don't think my family knew enough about the characters to know whether they were a good guy or bad guy, so it wasn't really an issue.

• Like Like x 2