Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

Yep that's the one. Bummer there isnt a fix. I know it doesnt affect functionality but my OCD is killing me seeing that gap.

• Like Like x 3
  2. PrimalPrime007

PrimalPrime007 Well-Known Member

It's the later (pulling out the joints - the metal hinges). I'm very sure it isn't all the way out bc I watched emgo transformation vid and it shows that the that metal joints need to be extended out even farther for transformation. Out of the box mine is only a little bit extended (the left shoulder).

3. PrimalPrime007

PrimalPrime007 Well-Known Member

Yep. That's the one I meant. It's feels like it's impossible to pull out. On my left shoulder it is only extended out a tiny bit out of the box (which is so tight that I can't collapse them or pull out all the way). I wonder if it's because I don't use enough force (don't want to cause any damages or stress) or maybe my copy is defective in that joints?

4. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Spoon!

News Credits:
    My reissue was like that out of the box on the right shoulder.

I got brave and I grabbed it near where it connected like so I don't rip the arm off, and very carefully pulled and it came out.

It's scary tight, but it's loosed up now. Just be cautious.

IMG_8143.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  5. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

It’s not chrome, it’s bare metal

• Like Like x 2
  6. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Love this!

Sorry if this is common knowledge already but do we know how the parts for the combined mode are coming? I know they're coming with the last limbbot, what I'm not sure about is if they'll be like Zeta with legs and hips as one piece etc... after seeing this photo I think FT may have missed a trick if they haven't included the trailer within the exoskeleton (like XTB). If they had / do it can attach to the cab of Roadking once the backpack is removed?

7. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Combiner bits are coming with the last figure as you stated but the skeleton of menasor will form a second trailer for motormaster.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Starscream Lover

Cool

9. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I received my copy of the RK reissue yesterday and I just inboxed and transformed him tonight.

First thought: That’s a very involved transformation. I didn’t think I’d be getting him so I’ve previously seen a video of the transformation. I didn’t remember it all but it’s certainly easier having seen it since there so many moving pieces and so many things are squeezed in there in bot mode.

Bot Mode: he’s a big one that’s for sure. Hefty too. Great sculpting overall with nice details. Face could be better and there is limited head movement, but the rest of the figure looks great, a very good representation of Motormaster.

Truck Mode: Well, as expected, the trailer is a bit panelly. But it certainly is a great looking vehicle overall. Nice detailing on the cab and I love that he has 18 wheels. This mode is the reason I wanted the figure though (well, the fact that this mode TFs entirely into his bot mode specifically). I’m quite happy with it either way.

Overall: I think it’s a very good figure in both modes. The transformation can be a bit unwieldy at times since there are so many panels and parts hanging about but it’s worth it in the end, whichever direction you’re going.

A side note: the arm hinge piece that pulls out (discussed above) were quite easy to pull out on both sides on my copy.

And a couple (quick and poor quality) pics of him and his friends:

6B47897A-2FCD-44AE-ABF6-053865107F21.jpeg A53F62BC-0D43-44F1-BDC5-F7DF6B056E9D.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Tfan12

Tfan12 Well-Known Member

Has anybody digibashed them as g2 versions?

• Like Like x 1
  11. MotorMeister

MotorMeister Active Member

Haven't seen any digibash, but someone actually painted them in g2 colours:
    GetRightRobot

• Like Like x 1
  12. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

Hmm... people do repaint figures to suit their needs, noice.

13. Thibkaji

Thibkaji Well-Known Member

You can’t remove the trailer from the cab of Roadking, since the cab is made up Roadking’s legs and a good chunk of the trailer is the upper torso and arms, with the “backpack” unfolding to wrap around the upper body like a shell to finish off the trailer. Removing the backpack off Roadking will only take away those outer panels — the core of the trailer will still be there.

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    And ppl have been doing that for decades lol

15. Reygn

To self correct, I meant people do customize expensive products, which can be pretty risky, given their worth.

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Which has been happening for years too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Reygn

I'm aware of that fact; to kind of scratch out my erlier posts, people have been making their purchases their own, and yet I'm still taken back be the more expensive items.

18. Quintessential Prime

Oh. From the post on page 427 and this image I thought it looked possible to remove the trailer and still have the cab intact... thus being able to attach a separate trailer i.e MP10 or Nemesis Prime, or even an FT Trailer which transforms into Menasor's body such as the way XTB and DX9 have approached it? I was just curious if we know how it's coming yet - as Zeta's, as XTB and DX9's or as something entirely different?

Attached Files:

19. Quintessential Prime

Thanks Bruticon. Are there images anywhere you can point me in the direction of?

20. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The renders in the first post are the only visuals we have of combined mode or it's parts to date. Just comments from Dalianjj about the trailer part.

• Like Like x 2