Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can anyone confirm if this is a screw from roadking? I recall reading about some issues about loose pins or screws earlier in the thread but I haven't noticed any missing screws on my copy or any issues that could be caused due to a missing screw. Just found this screw on the floor and I'm way too paranoid to throw it away right now.

Attached Files:

2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I thought 3p transformers only used Phillips type screw heads for their screws, am I right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems like it. At least that the only type of screw I've seen in both 3p and official stuff that I own.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

Will FT show us the opposite side of combined form?
    AKA the back 46553C89-5419-437B-821C-F7E5CE399774.jpeg

5. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I think there isn't much to see back there other than Roadking doing a Yoga pose.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Blazing Mewtwo

:lol 

7. Grimrem

Grimrem Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don’t understand why people still do this when these tiny screws are so prone to stripping.
    Maybe they don’t want over-tensioning but that is easier to avoid than stripping.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TF3D

TF3D Ld_78

News Credits:
    FT will participate in TFcon?

• Like Like x 1
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

My guess is no with two of the other figures coming out in Magnum and Smokey with maybe Bandit coming early 2021. If FT just did the preproduction prototypes that are already ready this year they would have Sheridan, Hunk, Duneraker, Thomas, Magnum, Smokey, and Iceman. I think that leaves them CNY to Q1 2021 to release Superion and Menasor. We know from that picture that below the knee there is a sliding mechanism for the calf and feet to pull off the toy and toon mounting versions. I think the trailer transformation for the body will somewhat mimic the UT with some major exceptions in the legs and the arms will not fold up as easily since the bots do not separate. It looks like the toy head will be a different faceplate with the other shoulder parts plugged in separately. Toy chest looks like a snap on plate. The knee joint all appears to be self contained in the thigh above the knee. The UT connections for the legs just looked bad and flimsy. It's hard to picture this now but I just don't see that same floppiness being on the FT and they have some other way to anchor them solidly. Also the look has better proportions with half of the calf made up by the body of the car instead of just dangling like dead weight.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blazing Mewtwo

I agree with the comparison to DX9

11. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I was browsing Taobao and I don't think the latest preorders are listed there?

12. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Sold out a long time ago. :) 

But no worries, going by recent trends, they will be widely available at release time.

Pricing is also competitive with pre-orders.

• Like Like x 1
  13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    DARN!!! How much should I be expecting to pay? Shipped to the US that is?

14. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

I think it is 20% cheaper all-in compared to US prices, but US folks will know better than me.

But recently, some states started to collect sales tax. I don't know if it's still worth the hassle.

Sometimes ShowZ and Baba have very good prices -- sometimes even better than TaoBao. I don't know how they did it.

If you haven't ordered from TaoBao, all I can say is, oh boy, it's going to be fun. (*)

(*) When things go wrong. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    When it's out of render stage you mean? Probably not. It'll be a convention in about a year when we'll see all the nitty gritty I reckon.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Finally ordered Roadking from TFSOURCE this morning. Been wanting to for a while, but after receiving XTB's Gravestone to complete my Stunticons, I felt like I shouldn't need to get another Motormaster(shouldn't spend that much money on another one). After staring at Gravestone for a week or two now, I just could not stop thinking about getting Roadking each time I looked at the XTB figure. It is a nice figure, but it just doesn't do it for me, at all, for some reason. I kept telling myself it was nice and a cool cartoon representation of one of my favorite figures, but I just can't bring myself to like it. I still look over at one of my favorite figures ever, Transformmission's Powertrain, and think, "now THAT is Motormaster".
    Anyway, I am looking forward to finally getting this guy in my hands. Most probably, my XTB Gravestone will be up for sale soon, at a very reasonable price, if anyone is interested.

• Like Like x 4
  17. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    I cant wait to see this Menasor in full color! Its going to blow the other 2 Mp options away!(as the renders already have!)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

I feel exactly where you are coming from. TFM PowerTrain hits a lot of the right notes, and the combined trailer forming part of PowerTrain is cool... as is the battle base. XTB Gravestone has some odd design choices and short comings to be certain. And TFM PT face sculpt rocks too.

You will be pleased with RoadKing... he's the best G1 toon MM out there imho.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Blazing Mewtwo

I agree about Roadking

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wyo

Wyo Well-Known Member

You won’t regret your decision. TFM powertrain (in alt mode) set the bar for me too...I love his alt mode the best and to me RK is the closest match. In bot mode....RoadKing just has presence on your shelf, as he should....that’s the best way I can describe it. After selling off my XTB set a while back....I’m more than happy to wait for the rest of this team, the details are what make it worth it.