Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Honestly, as much as I've defended DX9 Montana over here, I'll probably wind up going with whichever set can produce three limb Stunticons or Motormaster the first. I haven't even completely even given up on XTB yet, actually, as much as I dislike their Breakdown, the renders of the other four have me tempted.

2. Jwwu

Jwwu Well-Known Member

He’s a perfectly fine placeholder. Made of brittle plastic that shattered on my copy at the hips which I managed to glue together again.

3. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Looks fine to me once you give him a better face. I don't see a need to replace him in my collection.

C16ABD96-11DD-4868-9DD3-EBF9B44C219C.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  4. Necrobot

Necrobot Mechanoid Vivisectionist

All true!! The fact that Hound can create crazy elaborate holograms (evidently "hard light technology" which would eventually be conceptually fleshed out in Star Trek TNG), mean any other scale argument is thrown out the window of a 747 airliner as it's cabin pressure destabilizes.

Without any image of Stunticons in robot-mode with car style car-bots makes it ever more challenging to know if these guys "mass-shift" depending on which characters they happen to be shown next to in any given scene.

Kinda like Frumble, in the episode where he back-hands Spike, is somehow nearly human sized... but when fighting Hound, is nearly car-bot-sized.

And then there is the very episode when the Stunticons and Aerialbots are introduced. Check out Rumble when he commandeers the car on the race track!!

True! Somehow he was wearing an Optimus Prime costume, along with Thundercracker as Ratchet, and Skywarp as Wheeljack. At least the seekers are more consistently shown to be about the same size as the larger car-bots (Trailbreaker, Ironhide, Ratchet, Hoist, Perceptor, etc...) which are only a little smaller than Optimus Prime or Megatron... I can't explain Skywarp impersonating Wheeljack. Other than my mantra about scale in the Transformers G1 cartoon being a fools game.

Evidently, I "inconveniently" forgot to mention this. It was late... Apologies for the inconvenience!

Hence, my thoughts regarding scale.

That said, I did download the hi-rez file of the complete Sunbow Scale Chart. It's astonishing how often the writers/artists would abandon their own scale charts! But we were kids... and the idea of very well designed robots becoming awesome vehicles and vessels full of charisma and character sold all of us!! I know it sold me!!

As far as figures go... I am quite sure that the FT Stunticons and Aerialbots will be nothing less than stunning!! They have never let me down.

But after committing to TW Constructor, which appears to scale nearly perfectly with FT Terminus Giganticus (if you check out screen--captures from "The Secret of Omega Supreme, or the Sunbow Scale Chart), I hope to stay at the 20 inch mark for any additional combiners that I am fortunate enough to acquire!

I also like the idea of being able to make hybrid frankenstein combiners with Zeta and ToyWorld!!

5. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

How did the least complicated FT toy get the least accurate look?

6. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    So they show the same pics we already seen, but no new Aerialbot reveals?!

• Like Like x 1
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Because doing render reveals to troll your competitors is waaaaay more fun. We are almost 7 months in and so far ... only one new figure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Well.....given we saw nothing of these guys at the convention it's safe to say they are a long way away as I and pretty much and everyone else suspected.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

2018 has proven so far as year of the reissues for FT.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only 1 all new release from them this year....Rouge.

11. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Stunticons are perfect MP scale and kudos to them for that part as I can really display these individually.

Combiner size perfection: To have these sized Stunticons be right at or under the knees joints of FT Menasor.

12. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    they should reveal their Menasor asap because Dx9 has my attention!

13. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it fits into their most comment pattern the first one or two would be somewhere from April (I wouldn't actually count on it) to August of 2019. 10 - 14 months from the first physical product images is the most common. Considering these were shown the 2nd to last day of June, May - September of 2019 is probably more accurate now that I think about it.

14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same deal with FT Aerialbots.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looks like I'm in the boat waiting for these guys now, hoping that combined mode actually requires the members (unlike those OTHER ones).

Some actual pics of combined mode before the first one goes on sale would help immensely (also unlike those OTHER ones).

• Like Like x 2
  16. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

FT usually goes for the toon look, so i personally think FT will be doing the same as XTB and DX9, but of course, only time will tell.

Still hoping the FT Aerialbots come in first though...

• Like Like x 2
  17. MDJKTurbo

MDJKTurbo New Member

I would like this scale becouse the combined mode will be the hightts of toyworlds devestator. But I wish fanstoys will make a sideswipe and a sunstreaker in the scale which breakdown is in

18. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    What face is that? That looks great. Did you have to mod it?

19. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

It's the spare face that came with TT Inferno with a hanger / adapter peg you can order on Shapeways for it (It's listed as "Tesla adapter". No modding required...it fits right in the helmet and it's a perfect fit. Definitely is Perceptor when you compare it to the toon.

I think the peg was like $1.35 or something silly like that. Definitely the best Shapeways I've ever ordered.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Maybe TFM's Havoc is the one for you.