Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

Rear of car has a port that opens. The front of the car has some grooves in the car lower chin spoiler and might hook in front where the hood lifts up.

2. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Not really

3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sticking with my XTB Stunticons, but I have to say that I think I want to double-dip of sorts with the FT as well. I have their Roadking, and I like it. I'm not crazy about it, but it's a good piece. What sold me is Spoiler. Although I personally still believe they made his bot mode too tall, I'm okay with it since the car mode scales well with the Autobot cars. I don't see FT being better than XTB or vice-versa, but I do see them as equally great options. I don't know which set (FT or XTB) I want to use as combined and individual bot modes as they both look great to me so far. It's awesome to have such excellent options.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  4. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

I can't get over how awesome Spoiler is. Crackup is trying to figure out why he can't pull off a pose like that...

Hoping RoadKing gets a reissue soon...

IMG_20190913_230051~2.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  5. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    I still think the Autobot car sized alt mode will mean the FT (and XTB) combined modes won't be as tall as we expect. The render of FTs has the cars the EXACT size of the lower leg\calf.

So the DX9 cars have a bigger alt mode, therefore the lower leg of combined mode = taller. Then the rest of him has to be in proportion, so it should be bigger overall? Right? o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  6. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

That is logical... Captain.

7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Yes but @hardreturn is right, Roadking doesn't add or do anything really important, he just have to go somewhere... Aka "plug him in the back".

8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    You line up an Autobot car next to a Zeta combiner and its exactly the same size as the shin portion. Add on a foot underneath and partsforming knee thigh and they'll be very much around the same height. So expect around the 50cm mark for both.

By this logic DX9 should be a bit bigger.

That means all the articulation of Menasor is unhindered by the complication of a smaller bot.

Thats no bad thing.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No Roadking is literally all of the chest with a shell around him
    The chest is just hollow and empty and doesnt even go all the way to the back of the waist (shown by Roadking forming the shoulder pylons)
    Not only would not combining Roadking be visible it would also make the combined mode less solid and stable

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Psychological Operations

So I take it from this conversation they haven't even announced how big the gestalt modes are... 50 cm sounds good to me though.

11. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think XTB said they were aiming for the 50cm range. But yeah, we really don't know how tall any of these are. They all went for the Menasor suit that you just plug the members into. Its not the individual members size that are important, its the frame. Take the lower legs for example- yes, the cars are around the same length or a cm or two bigger. But since they're not forming the legs, ultimately their length doesn't matter. They SHOULD be around the same size, but one company could just have the car plug into a bigger leg than the others. Same for the chest- Road King dwarfs the other two, but people on here have posted how they can see his features in the chest and a theoretical way he folds up to plug in there. The thing is, the other two MMs fold up into cubes. Since its partsforming, they could make that chest however big they want as long as the folded up MM fits in it. So it could be a small hole in a massive torso. So it really is still up in the air about heights.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

I'm thinking closer to 55-60 cm (24 inches) which would put it right near their Terminus Giganticus (Omega Supreme) height. Everyone keeps saying RK folds up in to a square, blah, blah, blah... even so he is a big cube... then look at the length of those thighs and pelvis area under cubed-RK in relation to the leg-bots... and we are looking at a big bot. Unless FT has some newly discovered mass-shifting science tricks for combined mode. Looks like the arm-bots have to split in half-like XTB Overheat and Deathwish do.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

This shit makes me hard

• Like Like x 4
  14. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Opened up Spoiler....the lanky beanpole and 70s flares aren't so bad in hand, depending on how you pose him.

The fit and finish blows XTB's Crackup away, and is even better than DX9s (of which my copy is fine). Not sure about the transformation yet, that comes next. I doubt it will beat DX9s but it should be better than XTBs.

Damn...i should have just flipped it on straight away, now i think i'm keeping him, and i'm all in on 3x sets of these damn things!

• Like Like x 3
  15. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I mean we already know the length of Spoiler is roughly 5.5" or about 14cm to front to back. There's no way this is pushing Omega heights. This should be ballpark 20"

16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    But this guy has Cinderella's slippers!!!

17. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

20190914_114842.jpg
    Cant believe they are the same car, then I remembered this and started laughing till I cried.
    CheeryAdorableArmednylonshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Yeah pretty sure he’ll come out at 21” or 22”.

Connecting to the shin: I think he has a port on the roof to connect to the shin, plus the shin has a clamp over the rear end near the knee.

For the arms it is possible that one leg actually form part of the joint so they may not split entirely in two. The leg/knee that is the back of elbow would probably have to disconnect though.

Will be interesting to see how FansToys accomplish this!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Swindlerfan

Swindlerfan Well-Known Member

D63WUqUW0AYU64Y.jpg D63WVMYWkAEPJs1.jpg

The side profile for each Stunticon is very slim if using realistic car mode. This makes the combiner limbs difficult to do.

20. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

He is quite fun to pose, loving the articulation

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10