Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    If it’s been posted, sorry. Packaging pics of Spoiler

259C884D-C8B5-4895-8A29-CF8EFF976417.jpeg 10FCFD93-4212-44AF-BF2B-9295408DCC27.jpeg BCBC9EEA-9F14-4302-A966-78CFE362641F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Keldroc

Keldroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So clearly the limbs don't come with the Menasor parts. Is the combiner stuff just going to be a separate optional release?

3. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty sure its been said Multiple times over:
    Once its time for the final bot to be released, that team member will come with the combiner pieces.

• Like Like x 4
  4. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

yea...where the blue headlights... so color seems to be cream n not white

5. Soundwavesurfer

Soundwavesurfer Well-Known Member

F*king cream........eughhhhh.... No blue headlight and no yellow tail lights is one thing. But f*king cream...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you think the finish on this alt mode is even remotely similar to MMC Swindle, then I don't even know anymore.

I'm pretty sure nobody complains about seams. That's a reality of Transformers. It's when there are external hinges showing all over an alt mode that it compromises the finish.

But I don't see how they're even relevant to each other that you'd need to bring it up here. Some people don't like the finish on the MMC stuff. That's ok.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 7:38 AM
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Then go buy better. You have a few other options, if you truly want better instead of just complaining.

You can call it a cop out, but it's really the same discussion with every figure dating back to long before MP-36 even. Keep whining about it, maybe next decade it will finally get some traction.

8. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe it's stuck with paint like those other two side flap things?

• Like Like x 2
  9. cool8or

cool8or Well-Known Member

My Spoiler from Baba is on the way.
    I prefer cream color instead pure white, I don't like the idea of having 2 Lambos almost identical in color (Spoiler & Recon)

• Like Like x 2
  10. DarthBacon101

DarthBacon101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    ehh..opinions...everyone has em, the point of the hobby is to enjoy it for yourself right?

I stand by my original statement, skinny or not, panel lines or not, tall or not...I like this dude, and I'm happy I'm getting him.

• Like Like x 16
  11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Very well put

This thing looks ridiculous from the side and not that much better at an angle. It's that simple. Every other company gets grief for ropey side and rear views but woe betide anyone that says anything against Fanstoys. Even if 2 of their own figure from the same group go to the extremes of the point (not that I think Roadking is anywhere near as ridiculous looking as this but ppl did complain).

Simply put: Go and buy something else if you don't like it but don't go. You must answer to your crimes.

12. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    anyone able to do an overhead shot alt mode comparison of spoiler vs. crackup vs. takara lambo (and I guess vs. dx9, but we already know it's in its own size class in alt mode)?

13. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Then go buy better? I can be both a consumer and a critic. I do buy better and worse. But customer feedback is a thing, and we will not be silenced.

My comment is a general comment about any combiner. If the combiner components are poor, invariably the hive mind that prevails around the fandom will say "Well it will be in combined mode anyways". The set it and forget it crowd doesn't speak for everyone, and if you don't like me saying we want better, then too bad. Perhaps they should just put out Gestalts that are combined mode only with no individual modes, since you all only care about the combined mode. I actually think that would satisfy a chunk of this fandom, and Flame Toys should consider it.

14. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    @DinobotGrimlock

Thanks for taking the time and effort to do the videos to give us a better idea, much appreciated.

In my case, Baba already sent me an email that it shipped, so hope i like it in person at that ~90$ took alot of selling other toys to get.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 9:36 AM
    • Like Like x 5
  15. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

Anyone with eyes knows breakdown is beige not white.

• Like Like x 4
  16. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

I was planning on doing a 9 Lambot alt-mode shot (Spoiler, Steamroll, Recon, Sunsurge, Crackup, G2 Crackup, G2 Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and Cordon), which I hopefully can get to today if he comes in today, otherwise it'll have to wait til next week since I have to go to a wedding this weekend.

• Like Like x 5
  17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

yes, of course he was beige, but when fans order based on what they are seing on the first page, the promo pics, or even what is shown on it's own box, and even with the warning "The color will be a little different on final product", they are thinking maybe little details here and there, right, like with Roadking and Maverick? Here, the whole white body is now beige, the headlight/light colors are now clear transparent instead of blue, and the eye colors that were blue are now purple. Could be an improvement to some, a bad downgrade to others, and some will be indifferent, but it's at least 3 very visible changes

• Like Like x 4
  18. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll take the bait for this.
    Sorry mike, but if you can't immediately see the distinct aesthetic difference between these, that's on you and you're going to struggle to ever understand the difference. And that's fine, but that's on you, not the people who can see a difference.
    I can understand MMC compatriots not acknowledging it, but one would think most independent collectors with half a sense for visual style can discern the aesthetic difference at a glance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Somehow, nothing about this figure's botmode in its promotional photos looks chug-ish. The things you're mentioning don't stand out on this figure in an immediately apparent way like they do on MMC's Assaultus figures. Perhaps it's because there's actually very few seams or hinges by comparison, and the ones that are there seem natural rather than overdone like some sort of oversized MTCombiner series aesthetic. Perhaps it also has to do with the paint work and surface finish that draws the eye elsewhere rather than the seams and hinges being the most noticeable thing about the figure. Perhaps it's because they meet with tight tolerances and smooth, even edges. There are many potential reasons why. Somehow FT has managed to keep whatever seams and hinges you are referring to from seeming CHUGly like might be the case if this figure was just bare plastic with larger gap tolerances. I'm not an artist so I can't speak to the exact reasons why that might be, but one doesn't have to be an artist to notice there is a very different visual impression for this figure vs the Assaultus figures.

As a neutral party who gives more than enough criticism to FT figures, I'll reiterate my complaints about this figure so you can drop the "bias" card you might wish were the explanation for the response to this figure's aesthetic vs Assaultus limb bot aesthetics: imho, this figure is too tall, the alt mode is slightly oversized, and now that it's released we see that it is also too thin. But the finish and paintwork on this figure is very much masterpiece grade, something MMC's Assaultus set lacks in a very noticeable way. Nothing about this one looks CHUG-like to me. It's certainly not the first thing that stands out immediately upon seeing promo photos the way it is with Fraudo and to some extent Impetus and Volatus.

It's worth noting, there's nothing wrong with a CHUG-looking figure. It's not entirely masterpiece but for some collectors it's fine. That may be you. Even so, others who can tell the difference find it different enough to not be a great aesthetic match for their masterpiece collection. In the case of Vortex and Blast-Off, still a bit better than UT's attempt though. :) 

Back to Spoiler...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 11:43 AM
    • Like Like x 6
  20. corduroy

corduroy Well-Known Member

....anyway.

chromemagnus, hit me when the preorder for wildrider goes up.