Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

If it is a full skeleton and or part sold separately, I'd be pretty pissed and would probably not buy the rest of the figures

2. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    He mounts inside the main torso piece that will be coming with one of the car guys. Think of Roadking like a reverse Ginrai setup where rather than slotting in to the front of a torso mount he slots in to the back of one. You just need to flip his legs up to his side, compress and fold up his arms and he's good to go for combined mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yours really looks great with the painted torso edges. What brand paint, tools/application method did you use?
    I really want to do this but I'm so scared to mess anything up by painting.

5. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I’ll still say top 1 easily.

Best FT bot in the company’s history.

6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Come on FT, release that second batch already. I am starving here.

7. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

is this fact or speculation? pics?

I really hope its speculation, b/c it sounds like a cop out and I expect better from ft.

• Like Like x 1
  8. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

You did t get yours yet? Was it a scam at the end?

9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Poor little ones, they look so sad... FT should have put a smiley instead of a sad face behind those clear parts on his chest.

10. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    NOOO, it was the best tuna I've ever had ;) 

Yeah it's a darn scam. For a while there I thought that the seller was legit because he sent a photo with the shipping label with my name on top of a real FT Roadking. But the package was intercepted by a local Chinese shipper because it contained lithium battery i.e. it's a common trick to get packages turned around in China.

11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that. :( 

12. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Yeah, by the way I was trying to find your "old" post about the possibility of tariffs. I had said then that toys weren't on the list, but I just saw an updated list this morning and .... toys are on the list. Darn!!!

13. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

Looks like XTB and DX9 are copping out too then

14. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If you look carefully at the renders of Marauder you can clearly see that the tops of Roadkings arms are the collar pilons besides the combiner head. You can also see that his legs are folded up at the back in a U configuration. It's not at all difficult to picture how he integrates in to the overall merged set. So although we haven't had it officially confirmed, i wouldn't really say its speculation. Seems pretty damn obvious that Roadking is merely a portion of the combiners upper torso and isn't technically "the torso".

Nothing proves this more clearly than Roadking himself as not a single piece of him exists specifically for combined mode. He has no combiner chest, no combiner legs, no combiner head. Roadking is just Roadking. All those parts are going to come with the other remaining toys and mount around him. That's simply how this set is.

• Like Like x 3
  15. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well thank goodness these are ADULT COLLECTIBLES and not TOYS ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  16. NoBByxr8

NoBByxr8 Well-Known Member

That's him out of the box no extra paint also no filters on the photo just him in a light box.

17. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Got Road King today. He's a little irritating to transform, but not in a Rouge "you want me to do what?!" kind of way, just in a "just lemme line up these last panels and OH SHIT DID THAT TAB POP OUT AGAIN?!" sort of way. I don't think it helped that my copy had a little mold flash on some of the hinges so they they seemed to get stuck. But really, for a Fans Toys figure it's fairly intuitive. The truck mode looks pretty good, the robot mode looks fantastic, and he's nice and solid. Probably my favorite FT figure after Phoenix (disclaimer: I don't own the Dibots). As an evil truck Motormaster was a big deal for me as a kid- he was basically evil Optimus before Nemesis Prime was a thing. I've had the Combiner Wars version, the FansProject version, and the TFM version, and I'm really psyched to have one that actually looks like the cartoon, scales pretty well with MP-10 (or MS-01, TE-01, or MP-44) in both modes, and actually turns into the truck and the entire trailer. Roadking is an excellent standalone Motormaster.

Ironically, part of what makes him so great as a standalone figure is part of the reason why I'm really not sold on FT's Menasor. Roadking, like most Fans Toys releases that size, has plenty of dense plastic and diecast. He's a heavy dude... who, as near as we can tell, will be less torso and more backpack for the combined mode. I fear the combined mode is going to have too much weight in the upper body, especially the back. But ultimately, I guess that's not a huge deal. I was already buying XTB's Stunticons, and DX9 is still technically an option. I didn't buy Roadking because I'm all-in on FT's Stunticons or because I'm into their Menasor, I bought him because I wanted an awesome Motormaster. On that front, FT delivered.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

It is a fantastic figure but you do raise important questions. That left shoulder is a problem with the flash that you have to be careful getting out without ripping off the arm. Although complex, with some adjustments everything tabbed correctly. That involved moving some pins in further and repositioning panels slightly. The biggest issue was the outward movement of the right leg at the hip due to the lack of ratchets. They always rely on friction and because of the weight it's almost like there is none. I need to tighten the joint somehow but that problem underscores the weight issue. I love this thing for its robust feel but it is heavy as hell. It is so important with this and the other bots to have that combiner shell because the hips and torso have to be overengineered for the weight and torque. I expect Gabriel like ratchets for the hips and knees and feet to adequately support that top weight that is going to be very back heavy. On the torso it does appear that the head rises a couple inches above the cab so at least the weight is more centered to the torso than directly at shoulder height.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Zeta's Silverbolt look so cheap standing next to a FT figure.
    Plastic quality and paint really makes the difference.

• Like Like x 3
  20. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    You think? ;)  This is why FT was such a game changer.

• Like Like x 3