Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We didn't even get any pictures of Motormaster's packaging till the day it's out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

Are we forgetting that FT intentionally blurred out the interior of Stomp's legs and Maverick's underside in promo shots? They've shown that they're a little wary about showing all their engineering.

• Like Like x 3
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe, but it works both ways. They could also be hiding it because it's sucky? And let's face it, before Roadking, FT's engineering had been on a so so path.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Feels so good to finally have a definite Motormaster in my collection at long last. :) 

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Can't get enough of that truck mode :drool: )

• Like Like x 37
  5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the bot mode of the TFM's IDW inspired version just won't work for me.

6. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 35
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

But only the engineering for the individual bots (which I think is brilliant) not the way the combiner works...

8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have FT Roadking in hand for a little more than a week now. Not since their Mindwipe have I been satisfied with their releases. Koot, Apache, Rouge, Hoodlum have all been lackluster for me at best, and downright immensely disappointing at worst. Roadking, however, makes me very happy in purchasing him. He's beefy, has great articulation, feels good in-hand, materials appear to be good quality, and he looks amazing. I have nothing to complain about other than the hinges in the cab. I'm not fond of that design, but I'm okay with it. The so-called backpack is a non-issue for me. Roadking looks great in both modes and the transformation is rather clever. Still not much fun for me, but it's not bad. I'm impressed with their engineering here. Overall, I like what they did, and the payoff in both modes is easily A++.

I know some people are dropping XTB and DX9 in favor of FT (not)Menasor. I'm not ready to do that. I'm still in with XTB's version as their TWO releases are also on point versus FT's single release thus far. At the very least, I think these are the two to watch out for. FT has not shown how theirs will combine, and XTB has gone back to the drawing board due to fan reaction. And this is good for XTB as they have a second chance to design a Motormaster/Menasor that will be equally as good if not better than what Fans Toys has. Fans Toys at the same time has the opportunity to fine-tune what they already have as well. I can't comment on DX9 as I don't know much from their end. But I think we have at least two very good dogs in the fight, and maybe even three. It's still too early to declare a clear winner, and honestly I don't think we will ever even have one in this case. I say this because all 3 (FT, DX9, XTB) are taking this very seriously and all 3 have very good and even unique overall designs going for them. How well they will hold together, pose, design, and QC levels are what could determine their rankings later. But so far, I don't think you can lose with FT, DX9, or XTB. It may just come down to subjective conditions such as aesthetics, scale, and other personal preferences.

Oh dear god, you have them all in a group shot. And they look great together! I have the Weirdwolf. All I need are the other 3. I like how they go well with each other despite being from two different 3rd party companies.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  9. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO BEANiE.BABY.BiLLIONAiRE.!.!.!!!

@The Kup Loving all the outside pics you are taking of Roadking but be cautious of the rough pavement and the chrome Truck grill under his foot. Would totally suck if it got scratched/chipped up.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Just transformed Motormaster. Pretty intense, but it all comes together. Well done. Glad I got him and the whole parts forming thing works in my book. Keep it up!

• Like Like x 2
  11. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Parts forming?

12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Tbf I painted the Horrorcons and Lupus from silver to white. Got a feeling I'm gonna have to correct Chomp as well eventually. In 2029.

13. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was my biggest issue with him as well. Vehicle mode hits the right feels, but not bot mode. So glad I completed 4/5 of that set but didn't pull the ultimate trigger on TFM's MM, especially as he costs more. Just couldn't do it even as nonsensical as it seems to have all of the limbs but not the torso.

14. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

I think they’re referring to the gestalt

• Like Like x 1
  15. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 29
  16. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still would look great to me either way. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Devastator03

Devastator03 Well-Known Member

I got mine today and it is even more impressive in person. Fanstoys has really outdone themselves this time and I can't wait for the rest of group to combine them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Fanstoys went back to the drawingboard after so many figures without waist swivel.
    All their S3 characters lost that except Hoodlum. Galvatron was made in the era when they still had waist swivel. Cyclonus barely got it, but it’s exceptable.
    Phoenix no waist swivel while Siege Jetfire has it, ouch Phoenix. I think Rouge has it, but she has a whole new level of bad stuff about her. Their Jabber will be better again, i hope. But i’m not a Blurr fan.
    I got Hoodlum and that’s enough for me.
    So good to see Roadking to be so good. He even as ab crounch :eek: 

19. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still waiting for mine. Ordered from TaoBao but didn’t use one of my usual sellers. Turns out I’m stuck waiting for the 2nd run which should be coming “in next number of days” according to google translate.
    Sigh. Fortunately MMC Spingwr arrived today which will distract me for a bit.

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    PicsArt_05-15-11.54.59.jpg

• Like Like x 19