Fans Toys FT-31A-E Marauder (Masterpiece Menasor/Stunticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Been a while , but is this how we get our point across to FT’s to get what we want ? Cause if so , FANS TOYS , DONT LISTEN TO HIS POST ! SEND US THE OFF WHITE !

• Like Like x 4
  2. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Put me in the off-white camp as well.

A blindingly bright stark white leg will look weird in combined mode.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thibkaji

Thibkaji Well-Known Member

That’s the point, he does it on purpose. And it is a bit of a joke, he does know how to pronounce the word. I know, I’ve met him IRL a few times. He’s a really great dude — brought the FT Phoenix test shot to a convention before it was released and he let anyone who came by the table check it out. Also gave a bit of his artwork to my kids, which was super-nice of him.

I like his reviews because he tells you how he feels about it, based on his personal preferences. I usually rely more on his vids than others to help me determine if I want to go in on a figure because I know he’ll tell it like it is. I don’t get the haters on BSF...but, like him, it’s down to your own sensibilities, so to speak!

• Like Like x 11
  4. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To everybody talking about white vs off-white for Breakdown - remember the other issue which is the silver/metal of his chest. If there's a question of whether his white is accurately reflected in a given scene from the cartoon, check whether his chest looks properly silver/metal. If not, then all the other colors are also likely faded/off-hue/incorrectly saturated in that shot too.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll take Benscollectibles over Emgo any day. I'll take Bobby Skullface over Emgo any day. BSF never deliberately attempts to break anything just to break it. He has broken a couple of figures both accidentally and deliberately. He's heavy-handed, yes, which sometimes gets him into trouble. I'm pleased to see how well FT Motormaster held up to all the man-handling. I love the guy because he is honest, straightforward, and a good guy. As for the figures he's busted, TFC Detective broke by accident as it was garbage to begin with. It deserved to get run over.

• Like Like x 4
  6. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

I prefer white, I'm cool with off-white/cream, I'm just hoping it's not that salmon pink color like XTBs...…given the last minute audible on the MM outline color for something more toon accurate, I've got a bad feeling that's what we're getting.

7. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

And Emgo isn't honest, straightforward, and a good guy??

• Like Like x 6
  8. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

BSF sucks. His skull routine has gotten old, and his reviews are awful. I can’t remember which review it was, but he kept saying “combiner wars the leg” to communicate the kind of joint it was, and it was so annoying.

And at least Emgo and Ben actually know how to transform the darn things prior to filming. Half the time BSF is winging it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Megatronus

Megatronus Decepticon

News Credits:
    As an outsider to Fans Toys' way of doing things, are X versions supposed to be straight-up improved? Because as far as I can tell, it looks to me like the X versions are just metallic versions; not strictly better, just shinier.

10. Rasbot

Rasbot Well-Known Member

I feel like they need to make the x versions not a thing. Just paint it nice the first time.

If they do the metallic blue for breakdown though i hope they do the metalic candy apple red on wildrider. The paintjob on xtbs is a thing of beauty

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have 2 concerns over Roadking:

1. How durable is that chrome that ends up on the bottoms of his feet?
    2. Those bars that connect together between the cab's rear set of tires. They look fragile.

Also, when does FT intend to release their first stunticon car?

I never said Emgo isn't honest, straightforward, and a good person. I said Bobby is. Reading comprehension is fundamental. Don't twist words out of context either my friend. I have had enough personal interaction with BSF to make that assessment on him, and ZERO with Emgo as he has been completely unresponsive to me over the years. And that's fine. No big deal and I have not bothered for a long time now. I'm sure he's sweet as sugar and spice and everything nice. I can watch BSF's reviews from beginning to end, but I can't with Emgo. I'm sure there are a few here that can say the same and even the complete opposite. To each their own. If me not being an Emgo fanboy offends you, I don't care. I think he does a good job in his reviews but he's not my personal favorite. That doesn't make him any less of a person or YT personality than anyone else, nor is it degrading him in any way. He earned his success, as did BSF.

• Like Like x 3
  12. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still think DX9 has the nicest Breakdown, shame they had all those paint issues with it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Well, the G1 toy is more peach than anything else----it's an extremely pale slightly metallic orange. And since the animation model is obviously based on the toy, I'd argue that they color they used is the closest you can get to "metallic super-pale orange" in a low-budget animated show. (Kind of like how metallic gold and silver also aren't options).

But can we all agree that none of the lights should be blue?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bebe13

Bebe13 Well-Known Member

So do you feel like this Menasaur/Stunticons will be the focus for Fans Toys now and maybe BlitZwing will be relegated as a result.

15. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooooh, that's a tough one. As a die-hard toon fanatic, I'm painting the windows on my MP's opaque - either blue, grey or whatever colour the toon displayed. For Breakdown that's black. But pop-up black headlights look kind of ridiculous so...
    Actually, wait a minute, I just went back to the latest colour shots and realised that the lower set of headlights are translucent blue plastic, which does look stupid. So, I guess a qualified, partial "maybe"?
    I want the lower headlights painted the same off-white as the rest of the body. Which is how the toon had it.
    I'm kind of okay with the lights in the pop-up headlights being blue I guess, though I'll probably paint them opaque yellow, as I've done with Skids.
    So I suppose I can agree that blue isn't the best choice for the headlights.

But as they ARE going to do them some translucent colour, and I'll be painting all the translucent bits opaque anyways... I probably really don't care. Double so as FT are probably gonna be in bot mode and XTB probably alt mode...

...geez, I probably shouldn't have responded to this post at all... sorry.
    Menasor and Superion will be co-released so I expect one Stunticon followed by an Aerialbot, followed by another Stunticon, then an Aerialbot. However I'm not convinced that all the figures in those two sets are far enough along to release quickly, so I expect they'll scatter some other releases into the mix.
    Plus once they've locked people into two of each set, F will be happy to draw the rest out and release some other stuff.
    BUT finally, and most importantly... Blitzwing is a LONG way off, no matter what else they're working on.
    He's gone back for a full re-design, so you can probably move him further back in the queue behind any FT figure that we've seen a prototype of. Their Trailbreaker is the same. Neither of those guys;s will see the light of day for a long time.

16. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    More Fans Toys Menasor, less opinions of critics unless they discussed about the set which BSF did. Thanks in advance to all.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Balzari

Balzari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe the truck grill is diecast.
    However I can't tell if it's been chromed or if it's incredibly smooth and shiny metal.

18. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Roadking is amazing, but the lack of storage of the combiner pieces is a big turn off for me... I think I will have to decide between XTB or DX9...

19. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Or you could just wait until we have more details and make an informed decision.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    The we have absolutely zero idea how they work. Dalian has already hinted of a second trailer but we have no solid info how it'll pan out. We don't even know how the parts are even gonna look like individually.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019