Fans Toys FT-29 Quietus (Masterpiece Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a growing trend of people who seem to be mad about not being able to buy luxury items due the cost and scarcity, which I find odd because they are exactly that...luxury items. Sometimes to get those luxury items, you have to be able to drop money at a moment's notice.

Based on my knowledge of economics, the industry, and the overall state of production and transport from Asia, I have absolutely no suspicion that FT or the retailers are doing anything untoward. They are squeezing in a small production run of a luxury item during a time when there is immense demand for factory time. All of those factors means that their per-unit cost is way higher than it was last year. It could easily be double. Freight costs are also extremely high, and this could easily be a factor in stores needing to charge such a high price for this item.

If this wasn't such an in-demand item, I would guess that FT may have just not produced it right now. But they knew that people would still buy it at the new necessary price, so they went ahead so they can move onto other things.

Ultimately, it sucks for those who aren't able to buy it right now. But just because it's expensive and hard to get doesn't mean that anybody is doing something to deliberately hurt the collectors.

• Like Like x 18
  2. Vertanomatron

Vertanomatron Member

i agree...i was more than happy to get this thing for $300, especially looking at the ebay prices...i got mine from tfsource and to my knowledge, they were not placing any limits on how many you can buy...i had half a mind to buy 6 of em so i could scalp them on ebay, but as i am a man of the people, i chose not to...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Miradus

Miradus Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

4. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had one secured at BBTS but got one through Agabyss who I prefer to buy from this afternoon. I just cancelled the BBTS order and someone else here grabbed it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DrTeng

DrTeng Active Member

I can confirm that since I'm the one that grabbed it, always nice to have a fellow collector help out!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

I sometimes do that as well. For friends, or for people in my local collecting community, where we all try to help each other out when we can.

Also, there was that one scene in the movie where two Cyclonus' are shown, and that is all that's needed for some hardcore fans to want to recreate, lol

7. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I wonder how many will have Quietus and get XTB Abbadon and us who will have Sovereign and the Eligos reissue? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    I grabbed both for Cyclonus, since Eligos is a known quantity for XTB. Abbadon is going to depend on how XTB handles the Locke reissue, and how well recieved Virtus is. Anything less than a perfect performance on both, and I won't be buying another XTB product ever again without quite a few reviews and a few months of availability to see what issues crop up over time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I will get Abaddon, that thing is impressive, but the QC must be top notch.

• Like Like x 1
  10. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doubt it unfortunately. There’s enough FT fanatics to buy em all up and try to force the prices up. It’s a business for them at This point, and they’ll do whatever it takes to keep their cash cow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Nonsensically Sensational! And Vice Versa!

News Credits:
    But if I only buy what I can afford or need, who will take care of the poor credit card companies and the banks?

• Like Like x 1
  12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Taxpayers. The ultimate suckers ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Nonsensically Sensational! And Vice Versa!

News Credits:
    So what you’re saying is we’re screwed either way. Damn, time to thaw out my credit cards. XTB Locke, here I come!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do think the FT bubble is starting to burst a little bit. Thomas was peak, where he released at $220 and was selling for $400 later that day. That caused a lot of people to notice and buy speculator copies and retailers to jack up the post-release price so they hang around longer.

Magnum was the last regular release that basically stayed around regular price until it was getting less common. Smokey went up to $200 right away but now places like heat toys are lowering it to $160. I see people with extra Sovereigns/Phoenix’s etc trying to sell them for the $300 retailers want but usually start lowering the price cause everyone seems to have 2 already.

Quietus is the exception because it’s so great and in demand but Spindrift will probably shelfwarm until the next release. I think there’s so many people buying to make a buck that the demand is artificially inflated and there’s not as many people to sell to as you’d think.

• Like Like x 5
  15. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Economy sucks!

Sometimes I really want an economic system that works closer to how real physical processes work in real life. Minimizing subjectivities and the BS.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. despicablebhao

despicablebhao Well-Known Member

close to 300 bucks for a couple year old mold, ill look to the future maybe official quietus

17. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    true all factors are at play here ... i still think it's part to do with certain retailers wanting to charge more BUT but in these hard times factory time and cost of that factory time due to high demand , cost of materials and shipping are all bound to be part of it

that said during last year they managed to squeeze a lot of releases in! but for all we know parts could have already been produced for the majority of them before the pandemic hit hard

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Went back about 6 pages and didn't see any discussion on this.
    Was there any reason given that Terry, ShowZ, and bababobo were not offered a chance at this re-issue? I remember hearing that they were undercutting the prices of the US based sellers and that FT was cracking down on that. But they had the Phoenix re-issue and the upcoming Apache re-issue. Just seeing if there is a new policy coming for those 3 getting cut out by FT.

19. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Aawd Lahndan Taaaahn...more specifically, Chiswick
    Show-Z just said:
    "We are not sure about this product for now. FT things are always hard to get.
    Already checking on it"

That was last Friday, so they may still get some. Here's hoping.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    So are there currently any other legit places that still have a PO for the re-issues?