Fans Toys FT-29 Quietus (Masterpiece Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Of course they will.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is a preorder for a HOT figure that's been up NEARLY AN HOUR...and people will still claim "they all sold out in seconds/minutes and I missed out. Damn those scalpers..."

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. jcblazer

jcblazer Well-Known Member

People should not be shocked by this price increase. I’m surprised it didn’t happen some time ago, considering the demand for Fanstoys and the quality/overall look of their figures. People will still buy it and it will sell out. Then, this there will be people, once again asking for a reissue, when they did not purchase Quietus again. Not too long ago we were paying $100 per limb for TFC Devastator. MP-44 Optimus is still going for $550 (the additional articulation and Starscream head in no way justifies this price tag). That’s insanity. Yes, the price increase does suck, but in the bigger picture, it is justified. Fanstoys has built up their reputation and are cashing in. The same thing Hasbro/Takara have done in recent years with their MP figures.The best way to buy Fanstoys is to get it upon initial release to avoid the inevitable increase.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Not everyone can just drop money like that every second of every day you know.

5. Soundwave GI

Soundwave GI Well-Known Member

They won't last long I'm sure.

6. Soundwave GI

This is very true...and still way cheaper than the late tax. Lesson to be learned is...don't miss out on any 3P figure when it first goes on sale. Reissues are almost always more. It's a little bit harder to stomach when it's a repaint of something you already bought. But resale stays high on most.

• Like Like x 1
  7. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

His point stands though, as those will likely won't bat an eye at paying scalper prices a month from now.

If you really want it and are hesitant about paying in full, put in an a CC (something that rewards you, preferably) and pay it in a month.

is really not that hard.

If you, however, plant to carry a balance over a toy, then no. Don't buy it or quit the hobby altogether.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Decepticon13

Ebay:
    I hear you, but if you can only preorder IF they don't require payment up front it's not an issue with it being available to you though. It's on your side of it.

9. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Part of that is probably because they take upfront payment.

10. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    But they'll have to drop money in the end anyways. Say this comes before paycheck, then what. Some retailers will work with you, and some won't.

11. DrTeng

DrTeng Active Member

Looks like they sold out just as I was getting to the final step of checkout, hah. Congrats to whoever got the last one!

12. Soundwave GI

Which has been said...and true. If I have the money, I like just getting it over with. But, I do like being able to preorder for nothing or a non refundable deposit for 10% or whatever. I get why some sellers do that if they need to protect themselves from chargebacks for cancelled orders, risk of sitting on excess stock, etc.

13. Daelo88

Daelo88 Well-Known Member

4 days and hundreds of pages later of people moaning about missing PO:rolleyes: 

14. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

It's cool to piss and moan about people pissing and moaning. :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    Hasn't quite been an hour yet, and it went live in the middle of the working day. I'm very thankful to Agabyss for offering up the cheapest copies yet, and at a limit of 1 per customer. That being said, it's still absurd to tell folks not to be annoyed with the speed that a figure sold out because they were prone to exaggeration. Just because they were being slightly hyperbolic doesn't somehow invalidate their experience. Some stores did sell out in just a few moments, and these pre-order windows aren't great unless you have the luxury of working somewhere that your schedule is fairly flexible. If my job hadn't parked me to work remotely as a result of Covid it would have been very difficult for me to normally set aside time for a pre-order like this. It's absolutely worth recognizing that the ability to not only have the time available to camp pre-orders, but also to pre-pay in full for a figure are both pretty huge signs of privilege.

Edit: while I was typing this it soldout, and you can only add it to your wishlist. So, even up front payment requirements and a limit of one per customer couldn't keep this P.O. up for an hour.

• Like Like x 3
  16. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

that's it then. For those that missed out, worry not,

the magically found stock will light your darkest hour.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Daelo88

Daelo88 Well-Known Member

It's cool to piss and moan about people that mentions people pissing and moaning:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  18. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I imagine it'll be about July when eligos reissue drops... Or wait was this the magically found stock for that reissue? I've lost track. Can xtb announce some insecticons now please :D 

19. Soundwave GI

I understand what you are saying, but it was 4:30 on the East coast, for example...maybe a person works a factory job that gets out at 3:00...who knows? The time is just what it is. That and $270 I don't think exactly add up to pretty huge signs or privilege.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Decepticon13

Ebay:
    I wasn't saying others didn't sell out in minutes. The literally did. Point was that this one was up for a lot longer, but we'll have the same gripes saying they never had a shot when in fact it was possible. I never claimed people's experience prior to this order weren't true or valid and didn't intend it to sound that way.