Fans Toys FT-29 Quietus (Masterpiece Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Seriously. I'm looking at alternate Sludge figures at this point. There is a stomp in Ebay for like $750. There is point where it all just crosses a line for me and I have a hard time buying Fanstoys stuff because I just don't like some of what goes on around their figures. They definitely cultivate the rep they have and feed into having their figures be rare and higher priced/prized.

2. Waddupdough

Waddupdough Well-Known Member

There’s a guy selling his og version on the BST. ID Moonminer

3. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Fortunately I have 2 from the first run and one from the T version. I think I do not need more Cyclonus lol.

4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    have have no cyclonus anymore sold my xtb one because ft were going to do another run of the T release this year damn pandemic getting in the way of my toys

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

So I finally decided to transform this guy...

[​IMG]

I was so nervous about the transformation, mainly because I was afraid of scratching the paint, but it wasn't really bad at all. I can only imagine the various complaints I've heard were from people who unwisely decided to transform it without watching a step by step video during the process.

I'm so glad the Chinese ebay seller I bought this from didn't end up going rogue (unlike the one I ordered Sovereign from), and that it managed to arrive right before the coronavirus caused all shipping from China to grind to a halt. I'm often very critical of Fanstoys' design philosophy, because I love handling and transforming my toys, but I still think this figure could possibly be the best masterpiece figure period, thus far. Certainly in the extreme top percentile, at least.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Ft products like galvatron and cyclonus should get ko'd asap. Same for their combiners.

7. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Gal: hey cyke, i'm so bored staying at home all this time because of a virus. I want to destroy some Autobots.
    Cyke: i know what you mean almighty one.
    IMG_20200414_182616.jpg

MW: hey guys, what's up?
    IMG_20200414_182718.jpg

Cyke: mighty one, i heard bats were the cause of this virus.
    IMG_20200414_182818.jpg

Gal: what! Decepticons kill that bat!
    Cyke: mighty one, pls your temper. You just turn purple. That means you've gone craz....
    Gal interupt: i've gone what cyke?!
    Cyke: oh nothing mighty one.
    IMG_20200414_183245_1.jpg

Sw: don't worry Galvatron, i'll send Laserbeak after him.
    IMG_20200414_183629.jpg

Cyke: mighty one, i've also heard that 5G is the cause of this virus. And SW goes all the way to 9G.
    IMG_20200414_183745.jpg

Gal: what! Why you virus radiation walking good for nothing scrap. You're dead when i get you in my hands!
    IMG_20200414_184132.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's the seller's name?
    Can you post a link to their Ebay store?

9. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Your imagination would be wrong. Also, I would never attempt to transform a $200+ CAD figure without instructions. I had to use the manual with Rouge because I got it before any reviews were out and it was scary af.
    20190823_193920.jpg
    I could scratch the chest by just gently dragging my nail across it. Just FYI. I still have this chest and should make a video to show what I mean.
    Either way it sounds like you got a good one, others also did but some weren't that fortunate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    Was the chest scratching/chipping issue only on the first version or has it happened on the T version as well?

11. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

I wish I knew as I have no clue who got the T version and actually transformed it and mentioned the results here. I haven't transformed my T version yet either.
    I'd love to know.
    The issue wasn't on all of the originals as there were reports of people transforming it and being fine. I got a replacement chest and for the time being it is also fine though I haven't transformed it with the new chest on it yet. Doesn't seem to scratch with the gentle testing which my first chest failed.

12. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

IIRC I think it was the 1st Version/Blue'ish Quietus that had that problem. Shit tbh my OG Quietus had a light scratch on his upper right side out of the box. Can't really notice it unless you Super Stare @ it.

EDiT: Still a Beautiful figure.
    IMG_20200414_172245.jpg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    It was only reported on most many copies of the the 1st version. No problems on the T version.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yup, as @ChromeMagnus said, it was the original blue release that had scratching issues- the diecast knees would contact and scratch the chest if not done with care. They changed the knee pieces on the purple "T" version to correct this.

• Like Like x 2
  15. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I’ve transformed my T version a few times and no scratching. This thread has motivated me to do it again tonight, in fact.

• Like Like x 2
  16. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Great to know, thanks!

17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Knock on wood, no scratches on my original version. The clear plastic sheet which FT puts on all their figures in box was removed from mine by the Taobao warehouse staff when the obviously inspected the contents of by package for contraband. They didn't even bother to put the sheet back on over the figure. So it travelled from China to the USA without this protective covering. Yet it arrived unscathed. I now use a sheet of saran wrap instead. And right out of the box I put adhesive padding behind the knees for extra protection against scratching of the chest. Also no issues with the cockpit closing all the way shut. The 3P gods were looking out for me.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I bet the padding was a good call.

19. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Wow, that's pretty bad.

But as far as the actual difficulty of the transformation itself goes, did you have a hard time even with video instructions? Which ones did you watch? I watched Emgo's "just transform it" video, pausing between each step so he didn't get ahead of me, and I had an easy time. The only part that was troublesome at all was when I was fitting the wrists into the thrusters, that part was admittedly more difficult than it needed to be, but still not that bad, since the figure is solid and nothing flopped around. Which video instructions did you watch when you were transforming it?

I have the T version. I haven't had any issues with the chest paint yet.

20. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

I don't even think emgo's JTI was even out when I first got it, some other video review. If I'm not remembering correctly, it might have even been just the instructions. The toughest parts I recall were getting the fists slotted into the thrusters, dealing with the cockpit but that needing some shaving, I think the shoulders or wing armatures were scary too given how stiff they were (I forget exactly), and I think the rotating of the feet or something needs to be done in a specific way so you don't force anything out of the way. The first scratches I got weren't even by the knee contact areas as you can see from the pic the scratches are everywhere. Going back into robot mode can also be a little irking when compressing all the alt mode pieces into the back area so it sits flush. Always worried about making sure there is enough clearance inside.

• Like Like x 2