Fans Toys FT-29 Quietus (Masterpiece Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    Either way, if you're going to disassemble it to paint the pink parts and decide you would rather trade for the standard release's white parts to prevent paint scraping, my offer still stands. That goes for anyone wanting white instead of pink for ft29-t.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

99% of the time the marvel comics looked like shit

• Like Like x 2
  3. G2Breakdown

G2Breakdown Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. freneticvirus

freneticvirus Well-Known Member

I really can't disagree, but it's still certain images from their run that will always define the look of a lot of these characters for me, with the TF movie picking up the gaps.
    Quite a lot of the time it might even be a cover image that's moulded that ideal look for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree about that, anyway my Hot Toys War Machine pre-order just came in to stock yesterday to my surprise and I rather move the funds toward that than a second Quietus so If anyone needs one I have a sealed one for $219 shipped. Don’t all rush to PM me at once lol

Then MP-44 and Flametoys Starsaber comes in soon. This is going to be rough month. I honestly didn’t expect all of this to come in all at once :banghead: 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tainogunslinger

Tainogunslinger Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    THANK YOU!!! JUST ORDERED IT!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

I see your point, and obviously its down to the individual, but I'm in this hobby due to my nostalgia and how the characters have appeared to me for the past 30 years.

If I'd spent 30 years seeing Cyclonus as purple with a hint of blue and pink biceps etc... and then the bluray depicts the closest to the cells as you say and suddenly he's like... red for arguments sake with orange biceps etc... Cyclonus doesnt suddenly become that colour to me.

I didnt grow up with the original cell, I grew up with what was available all this time. I want whats most accurate to what was released, not what was intended.

• Like Like x 2
  8. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

Anyone looking to get the original figure PM me. $200 shipped US
    MIB Displayed behind glass & never transformed.

9. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

On way home so I'll be able to tell you pretty soon, but based on pictures, the forearms are the same colour on both. The same colour as his rifle and knees, bright warm purple.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

But you also grew up with a VHS that over time faded, or a TV which had a different hue to someone else. These things have variables which change person to person. Memory also plays a factor into that. A remastered blu ray approved by Hasbro and scanned from the original source becomes the most accurate frame of reference

11. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

Apart from the fact that the black levels are completely fucked on that particular master... Cyclonus always looked purple and pink on the VHS though, so not sure what funky sets people were using to view it that made him look different.

12. chnkyclnkytrike

chnkyclnkytrike Well-Known Member

Guess who’s last to the FT-29T in stock preorder party?? SHOCKER!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tainogunslinger

Instagram:
    I ordered mine this morning, so I'm with ya man.

14. chnkyclnkytrike

I was meaning a certain retailer, not myself

15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Yea, but you might get it earlier than me, mine hasnt left China yet....

16. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

Is it the most accurate to what the VHS originally looked like though? Maybe... who could remember?

For me, its a combination of the VHS, the DVD rip, which is exactly how I remember the VHS to look, plus my memory.

All that plays into how the character is in my head, and if the VHS, faded or not, currently matches that, then that's the product I want.

The remastered bluray is so clean that I cant stand it. I just see more imperfections than anything else, plus colours I've never seen before so they seem new to me.

It might be the official colours, but as far as I'm aware, they were never seen until now so... it has nothing to do with my childhood and thus I have no connection to them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tainogunslinger

Instagram:
    Last as usual... I'd have to say BBTS LOL

18. chnkyclnkytrike

EXACTLY

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tainogunslinger

Instagram:
    I never expect anything different from them.

I only buy from them when I can't find it somewhere else in stock/preorder. I just preordered Quietus "T" from them a few hrs ago. I'm guessing I'll see him sometime around the end of the month or mid September LOL! I'm good, Eligos is standing in. I'm putting him in altmode w/ lil' tiny Galvy at the helm once I get Quietus.

20. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

But they would have been on the original print, cinema showing etc. Broadcast TV, 80's VHS and DVD's from VHS scans are not a source for accuracy. The problem is exactly as you put it, it's what you see in your head when you think of the character but unfortunately everyones head is different. Some people had 2 head VCR, some had 4 heads so some people had better image quality off the bat. Some had a Sanyo TV, others had Panasonics. Some peoples VHS has been watched 100 times, others 1000.... all these things create variation in image quality.

If it doesn't look how you want it to look then thats a shame but it is what it is. There's obviously a source of reference they are using that doesn't match your memory and whilst the newest blu ray release might again not be to your liking, it also the most recent hasbro approved version of the movie with the most accurate scan of the original source.

To note, this has nothing to do with accuracy to the original VHS... the VHS was already a huge downgrade from a cinema reel... why would you use that as a source. The VHS was just the best you could have at home at the time, not the best it could be.