Fans Toys FT-29 Quietus (Masterpiece Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Anyone happen to know the shipping weight/box dimensions for Quietus T ?

2. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Hmm, after looking at the pink, I think the original one will fit in better with collections. Glad I hesitated on this one. Makes me appreciate the first one more.

• Like Like x 5
  3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Any tips or things to watch out for? How difficult was it?
    Thanks.

4. freneticvirus

freneticvirus Well-Known Member

Can I ask which make & size of logo you've used there? Looks perfect.

5. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

For anyone getting Quietus this week.... Remember to take the knee caps off (single screw), put a washer behind them and refit. Much less risk of chest damage and makes no difference to anything except his knees sit a mm away from his shins

• Like Like x 4
  6. freneticvirus

I'm in the same boat - the new body colour looks perfect, but I'd rather the white parts. I'm not into toon accuracy or anything else like that - just whatever fits the character best in my own head :) 

Assuming mine does arrive intact, I might try to do a straight up swap with someone for the FT29.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Geez, might as well be giant Revoltech figures then, I don't know why FT bothers to pay the design team to come up with a transformation scheme.

Now that I've been active again on these boards I notice a lot of these FT threads are like this.... :scalper 

8. InsaneJester17

InsaneJester17 Well-Known Member

I might be interested in this. Let me know.

9. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

lol, kapow didnt do pre-orders and sold out in 5 minutes flat.
    No that i wanted one, happy with the original, was just funny to watch them post it on fb and then have them vanish.

Same happened with FT10x

10. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    I would 100% do this. I even has spare parts coming from fanstoys as a precaution for my original version, since i was too afraid or scratching paint to transform it.

11. Tainogunslinger

Tainogunslinger Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Hmm... I may be looking to buy an original one if anyone here wants to sell theirs after getting the "T" variant.

12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Can someone pls take a pic of the FT-29T IDW head, i want to see what color the face is and how it defers from original?

13. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    IF I don't like the pink parts I think I'm just going to do a little repainting on my "T" version to a very light gray. If it disassembles as easily as it sounds, should be a simple operation.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  14. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

Just from memory as Im currently at work...

Head has two screws on back, one behind face. Once you get that off, neck is one screw and done.

I suspect the forearms will be the same on both (I'm hoping anyway) so I took arms from the bicep as opposed to hands and bicep parts. This was a bit of a bitch. DONT unscrew the bicep. You need to take the shoulder apart... and the bitchy part is there are two shoulder caps with screws behind them.

They are on the back of the shoulder. The top one, push one side in as far as you can and it will make a very very slight gap on the other side. Its a pain but it can pop out if you pull it out with your nail.

The lower cap, you should be able to pull from the side of his shoulder. Three screws pere shoulder then you can switch out the whole arm.

Legs are easy, just unscrew from the inner thigh. But be mindful there's a spring and ratchet ring that might fall out when you take it apart.

Lot of text but it was easy except the caps.

When I upload pics of it finished, I'll be sure you point out the caps just in case as well.

• Like Like x 2
  15. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

For all those who remember wrong. He's definitly pink, although there were times he wasn't?! ;p
    244px-Cyclonus_toon.jpg hqdefault (1).jpg hqdefault.jpg 300px-ReturnoftheImmortalEmperor-CyclonusScourge.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Here we go round the screen grab bush, the screen grab bush, the screen grab bush.

Here we go round the screen grab bush, until we're moderated!

Seriously though we all know how that ends. If they were freely available then we could pick and choose, personally I like the more purple body and white face etc, but I'm more than happy with the original.

• Like Like x 2
  17. PsyberianTiger

PsyberianTiger Unknown member

Just posting screen grabs basically to say the point you're making. Either figure represents Cyclonus & neither is definitive. You cant lose with either... I'll just be holding on to the "toon" version after he arrives & likely selling the OG.

• Like Like x 1
  18. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I've brought this up in other threads but it's the SHOUT! Blu ray remaster you want to use as your reference.

They went back and rescanned the original master and whilst they didn't do much in the way of cleaning up artifacts the colours are about as accurate to the original cells you will get.

When all the other sources are VHS, memories or cartoons I know which version I would treat as the most accurate

• Like Like x 1
  19. freneticvirus

For me, the Marvel G1 comics probably define a lot of my 'ideals' of the characters, so I'd definitely opt for a nice metallic silver over the white or pink (probably on the 'ears' too!). Not sure that I'm brave enough to be doing so myself though.

If Fan Toys ever do Sovereign and Quietus in the Marvel colours, with lots of shiny Magten-quality silver on both, I'll be a happy person. Skint, but happy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In all honesty, I may consider going with a metallic silver myself. I'm still torn between the whole tune versus original Masterpiece aesthetic. The collection has become a bit eclectic looking given where Masterpiece started out and where it's gone down the toon road. I definitely didn't care for the bright white parts on the original version of ft-29 and I'll have to decide when I get it in hand where I want to go with this more purple version.