Fans Toys FT-29 Quietus (Masterpiece Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

• Like Like x 1
  2. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Yeah, I mean I guess the people who are mad about it have a right to be (especially when half the time it seems like they're just not accounting for the miniscule but real difference paint makes on these tolerances), but it didn't take me long after I got into this hobby to start buying fine paint brushes, spudgers, tiny screwdrivers, files, hobby knives, and pin pushers. I'd love for everything to be perfect out of the box, but if something's going to be wrong I'd rather it be something I can fix myself.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I have a set of spudgers and an exacto knife at my desk at all times. It's a necessity.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    No denying , you MUST purchase a 2nd .

5. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I will buy just one, if I like how it looks and how it is built, then I will buy a second one for bot mode display.

6. Balzari

Balzari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always display in bot mode unless it's a Dinobot or a beautiful Cylonic Space Jet Fighter!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone's shipped out yet from Thor Toys?

8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Feeling a bit inadequate? :p 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

20181103_182402.jpg
    Finally where he belongs.

• Like Like x 15
  10. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

Welp, got this guy in today by getting in right before the package pick up closed, I had no idea my local post office actually had a door open on Saturdays. Goddamn that's a fiddly transformation. I wouldn't say it's difficult at all in terms of complexity, everything was very straightforward, but getting it all to fit together is just a huge pain in the ass. When it's all said and done it looks gorgeous though, he's a tad more purply in person. For IDW fans, getting that G1 head off is a huge pain in the butt because of those soft screws, but it looks damn good once it's on...I opted for the symmetrical horns. This is my first Fans Toys figure and, barring a catastrophic QC issue, I'm really impressed. It's hard to say which mode I prefer, I will say that the spaceship mode might be one of my favorite vehicle modes. It's weird that a company known for their G1 figures so roundly trounced MMC's IDW-esque Cyclonus, but this is just so much better, in terms of appearance. Here's hoping Hydra's just as good, or better!

• Like Like x 4
  11. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I'm curious, are you an 'official only' guy or is this just your first FT figure?

• Like Like x 1
  12. A03

A03 Well-Known Member

He's definitely worth the wait. I just got mine today from Robotoybase. 20181103_152519.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  13. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    A very wise decision!

• Like Like x 3
  14. CoRDS

CoRDS Well-Known Member

the one thing i really do not understand is the lack of flight stand, or even an adaptor for one

fans toys need to understand that if you sell a figure that has flying mode, then they should be including a flight stand.

the lack of one for jetfire was annoying as all hell but at least it had an adaptor for one of their flight stands.
    and then they do things like include a flight stand for their galvatron which does not need a flight stand.

as i have two FT soars, i have a spare flight stand so i could have used one for this figure, but it doesnt mount on either of the mounting adaptors they made

• Like Like x 4
  15. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Yeah... I am alt-mode display guy and to me that's a bummer... XTB and KFC always give you a flight stand, maybe FT could do the same.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

To the people that have Quietus in-hand... is he really that blue, or is the purple just not photographing correctly? The front of the included card looks perfect as far as colors... but every picture of the actual figure looks royal blue.

17. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

Depends on the lighting, but he's purpler in person than in pictures. Also, be wary of his knees in alt mode, they will most definitely scuff the chest.

18. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

He's on the purplish side of blue.

LRM_EXPORT_125699936149001_20181031_200737858_1541030894675.png
    Leg color is about the same as source

• Like Like x 5
  19. neko

neko Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Yup I agree

20. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Messed around with Quietus a lot more today, and I found my first big beef with him. Forget cockpitgate, his fiddly transformation, his limited waist swivel, bluish hue, big hands, and his poorly thought out pelvis armor. It's his shoulders. The hinge for the lateral movement is on the wrong side of the rotational joint, so you can't raise his arms and then spread them. You can kind of work around it if you extend his shoulder laterally 90 degrees and then rotate the shoulder out to the desired angle and turn the bicep so his arm is still aligned the way you want, but it's not ideal.

Forgive me if I'm remembering wrong, but didn't Allen have the exact same problem? I swear, Fans Toys' designers know how to make a good-looking robot but their engineers are lousy at making toys.

Anyway, I think my final verdict is that he's OK. He'll do. Looks fantastic in both modes, but still isn't super fun to mess with. He's nowhere near as bad as Rouge, but nowhere near as good as Phoenix. The door is still open for someone else to do a better MP Cyclonus, but I don't think that's Eligos and I don't have an urge to sell Quietus and hope that something better comes along.

• Like Like x 3