Fans Toys FT-29 Quietus (Masterpiece Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

Aaaggghhh

Me too! Those SOB’s DPD, I’ve been tracking my delivery (Quietus and Flipout) literally all day, then I just received a notification that they’ve returned it to their fucking depot!! Redelivery (attempt 3) on bloody Monday...

• Like Like x 2
  2. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

Ah man, that's grim!

I got Flipout a few days ago luckily. Keep me going lol. Heart goes out to you dude!

3. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Well, TFSource wants me to send the whole thing back, because, in their words, they don't have any replacement parts. I fail to see how that's not the stupidest idea they could have come up with.

Scenario 1: I send back my Quietus, at their expense, and they send me an entirely new one. I end up with a copy that has instructions, they end up with one that doesn't. Except they could achieve the same results if they just open another one and mail me the instructions from that, and they'd save a ton in postage.

Scenario 2: They don't have any more copies, so they want me to send mine back and refund me. Now they're out a sale, I'm out a toy, and they've still got one missing instructions. Wouldn't it still be better for them to try to get replacement instructions from their supplier?

Whatever. I sent off an email to [email protected].

• Like Like x 5
  4. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Yeah...that's....something else. I could get if it was a broken part or something but the instructions? Just take it out of another and mail it. The end result is the same either way o_O .

• Like Like x 2
  5. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that, I hope everything work well for you in the end.

6. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    I need this I need this I need this.... All these pics are looking better and better then the official FansToys posts...

7. Beretta92

Beretta92 Well-Known Member

Anyone get their shipping notices from Baba yet? Still nothing for me, ordered on the 26th.

8. astrotrain1975

astrotrain1975 FT-44 Thomas is my precious.

My preorder shipped on the 28th.

9. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think it's just TFS policy. When I got Steamroll from Badcube it didn't have a gun and they made me sent the whole thing back to them, to Wisconsin of all places instead of their regular headquarters in Arizona, and then they sent me a new one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

I went through the same thing with one of those TRU Generations figure sets. Siege of Cybertron had a broken Optimus (missing part of the arm) and their solution was to mail it back... but that they were sold out and couldnt get me a new one.

I wound up keeping it and cannibalizing the regular Hasbro figure for parts

11. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Funny thing about that, I got GT's Optimus Prime from them, and one of the screws in his pelvis was broke. The pelvis had a little gap, which made the hips loose. They wanted me to send it back, so I packed it up perfectly and sent it back. They sent me a replacement figure... just the figure and the box. I had to contact them again and remind them that I sent back everything, so I needed them to send me all the accessories.

Anyway, it could be their policy, and it could very well be a semi-automated response on their part. Like @boomerdave said, I'd get it if there were actual broken parts involved, but there's no way I'm sending them back a perfectly good figure when all I need is the missing instructions. I'll just wait and see if FT can help directly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For things like instructions, I'd recommend PM dalianjj or email them, as you did. FT should take care of you.

Last I knew TFS is headquartered in Wisconsin and their main warehouse/distribution is now in Nevada. TCP is the retailer in Arizona.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    whoops. You're right, of course. I'm just used to getting everything from them from Nevada so I assumed they were based there.

14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've gotten instructions from dalianjj/FT directly before. They can help with that if you reach out to them.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'd hoped TFS would be faster, so it was worth a shot. But when TFS said to send it back I told them no and immediately sent FT an email.

EDIT: And an FT rep already mailed back. They said it might take 4-6 weeks, but they'll get the instructions mailed to me.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  16. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good lord 4-6 weeks? Why so long. It should be 2 weeks tops. Maybe it's because of the upcoming 11/11 China retail event. China post offices may get bogged down.

17. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Could be. Could have to do with the US pulling out of Universal Postal Union, so they have to resort to other, slower methods to send it (I can't complain since they didn't ask me to pay for postage). Although the gist I seemed to get was that they needed the factory to send instructions to their service location, then the service people would send it along to me, so that might account for some time.

18. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Holy shit did Quietus get here from TheChosenPrime fast...I ordered at the beginning of the week and he's waiting at the Post office today. I had planned to grab him, but because a family member said they were going to go for me as a favor, I stayed home and cleaned all day...they didn't bother. I hadn't expected it until Monday anyhow, so I suppose it all works out the same. Still frustrating, as he would've been in my hands right now and I have to spend the next few days spreading some gravel, so my hands aren't going to be doing so hot when it comes time to transform the bugger. But I'm damn stoked to have this guy, we need more spaceship Transformers.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  19. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

I have asked for instructions before. It took the same amount of time. It takes time because it isn’t a priority for them. Especially during a product roll out and two on the horizon. Hydra and Hoodlum.

• Like Like x 2
  20. extracomputer

extracomputer Well-Known Member

I ordered mine on eBay from Toystrike (baba competitor) and have not gotten shipping notice yet. They said 2 days ago they are starting to trickle in. I ordered late July early August. Getting a little frustrated also.