Fans Toys FT-29 Quietus (Masterpiece Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    No they got it right, look up the meaning of 'Rouge', they like to give names that are a play on meanings like Lupus being Latin for wolf for a robot that turns into a wolf.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It's not a big deal. At all. You scrape a minuscule amount of plastic from out of a hole so a peg fits in better. It literally takes 5 seconds.

Some people act like the tiniest things on these figures are an affront to their sanity, like if every joint isn't rock solid at all times or there's a bit of flash on something, it's like the company kicked their dog.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

OK but to be fair, one of these is actually accurate to the animation model while the other is (in both modes) a significant exaggeration of the design. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

It's not about it being a 'big deal' (the degree of effort is irrelevant), it's about the need to do it at all. I don't want to have to take tools to my new £100+ figure to remedy a defect that shouldn't be there in the first place. If I cock it up who's going to replace it? Not Fans Toys, that's for sure.

This isn't a one-off either. FT's own pictures show this before general release, so it must have been a known issue. This isn't like buying a TV and being unlucky enough to have one dead pixel; it affects the entire production run. Is it as bad as the DX9 Gabriel fiasco? Oh course not, but consumers shouldn't need to modify toys from any manufacturer in order for them to work properly.

• Like Like x 2
  5. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

I was on the fence about this but the pics from you gents has sold me. Eligos will be relegated to being Galvatron's Armada. This guy is the true Cyclonus.

• Like Like x 1
  6. neko

neko Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Overall I am pleased with Quietus. Looks great with Sovereign :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  7. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

That's fair. Though to me, when I think about Cyclonus' sweet jet mode, I think of this:
    Cyc_G1.png

But I'm not a cartoon-only guy. I'm looking more for that Hasui-era mix of all sources, but looking exactly like none of them.
    More of an idea and an image of the memories in my head, made real, made modern, and cool. Super-subjective I know, but this guy here, this guy does it for me, checks those boxes, and I never even considered XTBs.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LunchBox26

LunchBox26 Well-Known Member

I just got this guy last night. There is a learning curve to the transformation. But once I ran through it a couple times it is not that bad. I had to clean up a couple clearance issues as well. Notably the square tab and hole under the cockpit and the rear landing gear. The gear were so tight they would not move at all. Quick quarter turn on the screw and they are now good to go.
    Overall I like this figure a lot. The sculpt and articulation are excellent. I kind of wishwit had some sholder butterfly movement to get some better two handed sword poses. Other than that I highly recommend it.

9. kidrobot17

kidrobot17 Active Member

.... Until Takara comes along...

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Have fun driving yourself nuts - I'll just be over here enjoying the toys (no matter the company), doing small fixes as necessary, not letting it bother me in the least.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I am really considering buying this as my first MP 3P. Robot mode is just spot-on, and even after Takara version is released I can keep this one as Armada.

• Like Like x 2
  12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    We love your enthusiasm. But we'll see Megs v3 before that.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

I love the G1 Cyclonus figure, particularly the alt mode. I found him and Scourge in the loft a while back and have them both on a shelf in their alt modes next to the original G1 Seekers and Coneheads. Most of them are in reasonable condition considering their age and the fact I played with them as a kid, rather than keeping them in the boxes.

14. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Nah. I'm done with the official Masterpiece line. Prices too high and they went full toon. You never want to go full toon.

• Like Like x 6
  16. franpincho

franpincho Luxurious

Ah my man, I'm so sorry this has happened to you again. I do feel the same about your criticism though.

To me, Sovereign was the last straw. That figure had so much potential, there was ZERO need to make his transformation THAT MUCH COMPLICATED, to add THAT MUCH DIECAST and make the use of a prying tool a necessity. Not to say the COMPLETE ABOMINATION that alt mode was. But hey, here we are again. From what I see, at least the alt mode here looks great (a bit gappy just like MP-36, but it seems it gets a pass on a jet that had no need to be this gappy?) but it seems that in order to get there is usual FT. Fine if you don't care about transformations, I guess.

I hope this finally makes you see the light man. I mean this in the most sincere way.

TT will MOST DEFINITELY make Cyclonus, and it will be a delight. Just be patient man. I'm personally done with 3P, as they simply don't cater to what I want. What good is a beautiful render/prototype if the end result is just the same thing over and over again? FT's Motormaster looks amazing, as well as their Silverbolt. But if they make transformations this complicated on figures that do not warrant that in any way, imagine a combiner? I got the first XTB Menasor member for the price, but sold it because I simply don't think it will turn out OK. If it does, I'll eat crow and get the whole team.

MP-29+ is almost here. That will sure get that bad taste of your mouth.

Again, I'm sorry this happened to you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Have this guy in the way. Between him and Savant, it's time to start that MP Lost Light shelf!

18. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    "But if they make transformations this complicated on figures that do not warrant that in any way, imagine a combiner?"

Pantsformers are not complicated at all, don't be afraid! But stability is not guaranteed!

19. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In a month we'll be celebrating the fifteenth anniversary of the MP line.

In that time, TT hasn't been bothered to get around to Jazz. Or Cliffjumper. Or Trailbreaker. Or Devastator. 2018 saw a grand total of zero new G1 molds. Next year we're getting two: one is a new character (Hound) and the other is our third iteration of Prime. Meanwhile the MP line has largely moved on to cartoon repaints, Beast Wars and movie characters.

MP Cyclonus is never going to happen.

• Like Like x 7
  20. franpincho

franpincho Luxurious

I'm in no hurry.

I'd rather do other fun things in the meantime rather than settling for stuff that doesn't appeal to me. I don't have that "I must have them all before I'm 50" urge.

Never say never.

You'd think Galvatron would have a very easy transformation too, but then again they managed to make it a trip to hell.

I'll be glad if I'm proven wrong, that is for sure.

But for now, I'm just contemplating from afar.