Fans Toys FT-29 Quietus (Masterpiece Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Awesome. Thanks. Tried that and it fixed it. Cockpit flush now, and Cyclonus is now perfect!

• Like Like x 2
  2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    You need to take a look at Megadoragon!

3. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Megadoragon is HOT! Shhhhh I didn't say that too loud, did I?

• Like Like x 1
  4. PkP Edge PkP

PkP Edge PkP Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with liking a company that releases quality products consistantly. You can't argue that they arnt one of thee leading 3p names and they scream quality consistantly. Maybe the 5 year olds that cant figure out how to transform them will disagree lol

I own almost all their stuff and I'm not no blind fan boy. They just release good shit and I spend my money on, not only on characters that I love, but figures that are made well and with awesome materials.

That would sick as f if Bobby was in fact dalianjj though hahaha

This guy is waiting for me at home.... cant wait to "fan boy" all over it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Ok, I just did. MP Transmetals2 megatron. I collected BW when the show was on the air and had the original figure. To me, this figure is a bit too stylized for Dragon Megatron, but that's just my preference. PE's Primal is insane though. If I collected BW MPs, that would be on my shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    If that's the definition you're using, then I don't think FT have had worse QC than usual, I think it was never as good as their rep made it seem. Especially the sort of minor QC issues you can overlook if a figure us otherwise really good. I think the difference is that their recent releases have had more subjective issues, like anti-fun transformations, so people are less forgiving of minor QC issues.

• Like Like x 2
  7. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

So.....this guy just dropped in today....and, boy, it's gonna be rough. Brace yourselves, FT fanboys for some MP unappreciation. Wow, what a trainwreck transformation? Third FT figure after Apache and Sovereign that's going to the Evil bay only after one day of handling. I feel this figure is truly the straw that has broken the camel's back in terms of buying stuff from FT and third party in general. It's very sad because you know what FT are capable of. These are the same guys who gave us Phoenix, Stomp and Grinder and then they turn around and give us robots like this with dumpster fire transformations, wow!? And to think rabid FT fans want them to tackle an MP Megatron? Incredible!? I'm sure an FT Megatron from robot to gun mode would probably take as long as the duration between their uncoloured prototypes to their final products in hand, wow!

:lol 

There are just too many tolerance issues and several places where you have to grab a tool to transform. In 2018, six years into the MP game for a company like FT........that's just full of fail for me. Getting the thrusters in place, getting the feet in when transforming to jet, getting the landing gear out, having to perform surgery on a £120 pound toy to make it function is unacceptable! The odd screw tightening or oil application, yeah, but surgery, sorry, it's unacceptable for a company with this kind of experience......aaaaaargh.

The transformation without these would just be adequate, not fun but gets the job done. I mean the issue with the cockpit really has me scratching my head, I mean if random spot checks/transformations were going on, surely it would have been detected. Given how everyone has it on theirs I'm inclined to believe they don't do them despite what the stickers say or that's how the cockpits were intended to be which I severely I doubt.

Another thing I find baffling is why they used the pale lavender which is present on all the white bits on his body in the toon for only the accent on the plane but then omit it on the white bits on the figure? Baffling!?

I would say the good outweighs the bad but the bad sullies the experience so much that it ruins the figure for me. The positives.....it lends itself to the animation model more accurately than Eligos, it's clearly of better quality, although isn't much of a compliment, it's like saying something smells better than cow shit, pretty vague. It looks good in both modes, the jet is beautiful and it's made of good materials and paint with lots of accessories. If you're a guy who's a display only kind of guy and rarely transforms his figures, this guy is right up your alley, if you like to handle your figures regularly then avoid like the plague.

It's such a shame, I'm absolutely gutted, Cyclonus is one of my all time favourite designs and then this happens. I had nothing but praise for their Motormaster, which I believe will be the figure of the year next if they produce it with their A-game, given the ingenuity and creativity that has gone into that figure and what it will be capable of pulling off, if it comes to reality but after Quietus.....I'm definitely not going to be pre-ordering anything FT anymore and adopting a wait for in hand reviews approach. At this point in time the only things they could make which would lift this embargo would be the Technobots, Apeface or a Brainstorm. Other than that I'm done with FT, I will continue to window shop as I love G1 but nothing much really. So where would I rate Quietus? I have an FT rating system as follows..

A - Stomp, Phoenix, Grinder( I still have issues with his proportions but he more than makes up in playbility and fun factor!)
    B - Sever, Grenadier
    C - Caesium
    Everything else!

I would put Quietus somewhere in between Caesium and the last group. Caesium edges him because he requires no DIY and his transformation, maybe due to the character as well, is certainly more enjoyable than Quietus's. Thank god MP-29+ is around the corner!?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  8. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Are people still blowing their brains out over the transformations in FT figures?

NONE of the figures that get singled out (koot, apache, Sovereign) are that bad in their transformation. There is a level of hysteria and being fanatical in this criticism. Yes, Koot had ONE part that had poor clearances. I chalk that up to poor QC of the design. How did a demo figure in the FT offices pass all the way to production with a piece that clearly needed to be shaved A LITTLE to make the transformation easier. One mistake in an otherwise fine transformation, BIG DEAL. Why are we losing our minds over this? Would anyone really get all nuts about Koot's transformation if not for that little part?

Apache's transformation is totally fine. Not Legendary, not devestating, not worth trashing. Sovereign can be a bit finicky, but is fine overall and not as bad as some TT transformations. Really, when can we get off this overblown topic?

• Like Like x 6
  9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    @malware5 Sorry to hear you don't like it. You care almost entirely about the one aspect of the figure I will never use (transformation), but sounds like it was okay in every other aspect except perhaps the shade of purple they used, yeah? Any actual defects or issues with the materials or appearance? Thanks.

10. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Transformation was frustrating no doubt.

What really burned me was that the chest piece got two dings in alt mode from the kneecaps somehow grazing it during transformation.

You can't see the marks in bot mode because they're on the bottom Ridge of the piece but it kills me to know they're there. I'm not sure how it happened as I was really cautious to protect that piece.

OCD for sure but man... Getting that alt mode worked out, setting aside the frustration, wiping all the damn oil off my hands only to see those marks when taking him back to bot mode was infuriating.

(also, the IDW head not fitting easily into the jet is lame)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Big fan of Cyclonus. But this game has taught me to be a bigger fan of common sense and put enjoying my transforming toys over character attachment. It fucking sucks that such a beautiful thing seems to have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. But there it is.

12. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Wow, overblown thread meltdown in ....5...4...3...2...

Can't we just show some love to a brand new FT figure on our shelves without making every little flaw seem like the apocalypse?

Here's an example of an objective review:

"Cool figure overall, nice look, nice poseability, nice accessories. Not crazy about the transformation, hope FT can improve, but happy with my purchase in the end. Here's some cool pics of him posed next to other S3 characters. Behold Galvatron, CYCLONUS!!"

Why does everyone think they need to be Rex Reed before the oscars during every FT release?

13. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah...If both modes look right that's all that matters to me. It's nostalgia for me, not playing with the toys, so I'm not in this for the "fun" of transforming- they just need to BE ABLE to transform. I don't sit with them saying to myself "Oooo, this transformation sure was fun." Frankly, I'm not sure how so many people expect accuracy in BOTH modes all while having "fun transformations"- and many also complain "too difficult" on transformations which is also a bit crazy to demand on these figures when you have these vehicles transforming into svelte and athletic looking robots.

Anyhoo...just give me as much accuracy as possible in BOTH modes and make it transform. ;) 

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  14. malware5

I care about the whole package, the aesthetics, the character, quality and the transformation. Transformation is important to me, it's not the end all be all, but Jesus, it's a fucking transformer, if it can't do what it's meant to do efficiently, what's the fucking point? it's almost like a car that can't drive!? Even as a man in my 30's when I see those guys transforming on screen I still lose my shit and know why I love Sunbow G1. I love good and fun transformations but I guess as long as they aren't annoying like the last three FT bots I've bought then I'm okay!

It is, tolerances and bits needing tools aside, but like I said...fool me three times shame on me.

Strangley...I think in hand the blue is spot on and not as gaudy as it comes across in the photos. It was flawless in this department.

Nothing actually in that respect. Mine was lubed up...just the way I like it, haha. And as I had seen videos things moved smoothly(this sounds weird, haha!). Appearance and materials are spot on. If anything, like I said earlier the only thing I find baffling is why they omitted painting the white bits on him pale lavender to be toon accurate and then go on to paint the accent on the plane pale lavender!?

• Like Like x 4
  15. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

As for accuracy in both modes whilst being fun, look at unique toys Peru kill. Something that shouldn't be possible and they found a way, it's easy, risk free of damage and incredibly well thought out. Fanstoys just aren't up to that level of design engineering

• Like Like x 4
  16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm so glad I don't transform my bots unless they come packaged in their alt modes.

That's why I enjoy my bots so much to be honest.

• Like Like x 5
  17. malware5

Maybe......if you took off your FT fanboy goggles for just a microsecond you'd realize you're the only one here overreacting, the criticism I made below sounds fairly balanced. And I didn't have to hurl any insults to board members or designers to get my point across which is more than I can say for some people on this thread quite frankly...

• Like Like x 8
  18. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Cool, I like action masters to

• Like Like x 5
  19. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There are different ways to enjoy these figures. Some just like to see them on a shelf and get that nostalgia kick. For others its the tactile enjoyment and mental exercise of transforming them. Thankful that there are enough of us combined to make these figures happen at all. :) 

• Like Like x 5
  20. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

When you're talking about insults hurled, I can only infer that you're talking about the insults hurled at me, since I only responded to those insults and did not initiate any of them.

In terms of your review, I think you're emphasizing the positive now, but the hyperbole you use in the negative draws way more attention to that part and that's where I think things are overblown. Rhetoric matters, I know that, and it especially matters when giving an impression of an actual release, not some freaking prototype reveal.