Fans Toys FT-26 Hitch (Masterpiece Hoist)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ArkhamSoldier, Jul 2, 2021.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting.

2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Darn, either Spindrift 2.0 has sold out or they couldn't get people to pay that 85 "shipping" for Stomp.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Futureye

Futureye NoNeedToTurnOnYourBlinkerIfYou’reAlreadyInADitch.

Interesting indeed. I mean that Taobao PO price is interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

All I know is i'd love for them to come back down to earth with their pricing at least for Pulley and Outrider. I have Outrider paid off at ShowZ already and I pray the final price isn't insane.

Yes i'm fully prepared to be disappointed when it doesn't happen. :( 

They were forcing Spindrift on the people buying Soar too. That whole situation is killing me, though. They found a surefire way to stop popular figures from selling out in 10 minutes. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Menasor and Superion fans on suicide watch

• Like Like x 4
  6. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Anyway I expect we'll learn about final pricing later today.

dalianjj is having his beauty sleep.

businessman-dreaming-money-dollars-businessman-dreaming-money-dollars-143951621.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    tumblr_m13e167Cw11rrmpxoo1_1280.png

• Like Like x 12
  8. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    This. It looks great, but not awkward enough! I actually think XTB's is more toon accurate BECAUSE it looks more doofy. Also XTBs truck mode just blows this out the water.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys Historian/Scholar

The modus operandi of FT has always been (in particular in the last year after going low) to release the product some months after revealing the final colored prototype, so yeah, it probably means Outrider will be out soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marcelo Antunes

It sucks. The only ones with high-quality now seems to be some retailers (such as TFSource), when they put the POs.

11. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I honestly don't care about Trailbreaker and Hoist. I've had MMC's Trailbreaker, Badcube Hoist, XTB Trailbreaker, and I ended up selling them. Will see how much these cost and I might just cancel my PO for Outrider.

12. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

As someone who was never impressed by the XTB's versions, these are welcome (owned them and sold them)

I have Trailbreaker on PO at TCP from 20 years ago and well, we'll see how Hoist is priced.

I'm assuming baba is sold out now so we'll wait.

13. Marcelo Antunes

Current info for FT-26 Pulley release date in China is first quarter of 2022.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

What's funny is I would personally be totally down for super toon vehicle modes if that was consistent across the entire line, I think toony tonka-style vehicles look charming. But as it stands, these two figures are major outliers from everything we've ever gotten from the MP line. Having every single carbot look realistic in vehicle mode except these two guys...I wonder what the thought process was there.

15. Marcelo Antunes

Just to be clear, this date seem too near, as they just released the initial prototype pictures. However, as this is the first "new" FT design we've seen in a while, it can be that they changed timeframes on these reveals.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

needs more belly, only Badcube captured Hoist's gut

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

2022... Best news i've heard all day.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Obviously, it makes sense from their p.o.v. to tease this alongside their coloured Trailbreaker reveal today, but would personally much rather have had proto pics of Cliffumper or coloured pics of Jazz, sorry.

Different strokes for different folks, but Hoist does not excite me. :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

That's sort of what I'm hoping for. And if Hoist is being talked about for Q1 2022 (which can change), the hope is that Outrider is this year for sure. Then it's just a hope of Q3 vs. Q4.

I have MMC's Artifex. Got him new for $43. For all the things people that don't like him say about the thing, I love it. Robot mode feels just like Hoist, without being too derpy (speaking from someone who just doesn't rely on hyper-toon accuracy). Transformation could be better when putting everything towards the back together, but once it's lined up he has a great looking truck mode! All the different head styles to choose from so you can get the Hoist you want. And mine has never had any QC issues. It really is a good figure!

I just don't think I need FT's version of it, and I always wanted to guarantee Hoist and Trailbreaker be different looking designs (only a few years back, we were still used to "MP Sideswipe being the same as MP Red Alert" kind of stuff), so I was going to buy two different company versions of each like I did with Inferno/Grapple. Plus, the price point is likely to be another insane amount where the figure just won't be worth it. Especially compared to Artifex for $40+

Still getting Trailbreaker, even though I know the "full price" I paid with Baba is going to go up. Still, I bought two so I could sell one later and help take the edge off the cost of the one I'd be keeping. Unless his price comes out to be something crazy-even-for-Fanstoys, in which case cancelling my POs could potentially be an option.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Dunerider has a super unrealistic vehicle mode as well (for contrast, compare with XTB's dune buggy altmode)... but yeah, I think between the more show-accurate (derpy) robot mode proportions and the essentially flawless vehicle mode, plus the fact that when all is said and done it will probably cost half as much, I think I'm super duper good with my XTB Hoist. I'll get FT's Trailbreaker though, if only because the MMC one has full toy accessories (head, force field generator behind the head like Hoist, over-the-shoulder missiles) so I can easily just move it to my 'toy' display.