Fans Toys FT-25 Outrider (Trailbreaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 0ursisthefury, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't Stomp take from late November/December review versions unti April for the release, and no changes were made in between?

No way this hits before this time next year.

I doubt if we'll even get Grinder or Sovereign until May 2017, and those look pretty much finished since TFCon.

2. Spectra

Spectra Dykebot Extraordinaire

This looks alright, I suppose. Honestly, Trailbreaker's the kind of character where I wouldn't mind waiting for the TT version of him at all. Trying to figure out which of 5+ versions of a B/C-list character I want, to be used as a placeholder for an official release, seems like a waste of energy. Same goes for Inferno.

3. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Damn... I've been wanting someone to do TB for so long now, and getting two options was exciting, but now we're onto, what, four? I don't know why, but the more versions pop up, the less overall excitement I feel. I'm starting to wish TT would just reveal the official one and put me out of my misery!

Anyway, to be positive - I think this might be the best looking bot mode so far (but there's not much in it frankly).
    MMC's (which I loved when it was the only option!) has fallen behind for me now. FT probably just pips BC for overall bot look, although there are some things I prefer about BC (FT's legs are like two straight trunks, vs the interesting shapes of BC's). BC's alt mode is much better.
    I think that's how I'll go too. BC always do great accessories, and although the bot isn't as toon accurate as the other two I actually prefer how it looks. And their alt mode is the best.

Now to see if FT are going to do a Hoist and if it can beat BC's :) 

4. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

It's quite easy to see from pics how a figure looks. I'm all for toon accuracy, but there's something off with this one, I personally have no doubt TT will nail the accuracy spot on, while having a far far more accurate truck. Plus that, we already have two with basically accurate trucks and I feel the BC strikes the mark between toy and toon. Their Hoist is damn fine looking, especially being a slightly different mold, I want match in alt modes, so, until TT comes out with one, it's Bad Cube.

I don't need someone else's in hand testimony or biases to decide which I like better. And as far as quality...well, I don't think any of them have given many reasons to doubt that, so, picking is a matter of aesthetics and taste.

I buy a MP for both bot mode and alt mode, based solely on that I would pass on the FT just because the alt mode is the least accurate to the real truck, and that huge ass cap...holy shit man. Not to mention those huge ass hinges on the sides... I'm not sure which truck I like best between MMC and BC, but since the BC has the bot mode I want, tat made the decision very easy.

I already have one. :D 

5. spot138

spot138 Proud Gee-Wunner!!!

Ebay:
    I really like this design, the kind of oversized camper makes it stand out from the others and I really like the satellite dish as well! Too bad this is FT we're talking about here, it probably wont be out until like Q2 2018 or something. Bot mode looks about the same as MMCs to me, so I could go either way, but as with Gundog/Willis, maybe I'll just double dip on this one anyway.

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This FT version looks great in robot mode I'd add the vent details & circle details to the shoulders/arm. I really like the how FT take on the hand cannon the best.

My vision of Trailbreaker has always been closest to the art I commissioned Dan the Man to do for me of course I scanned the original art and made some changes to it. Like the gun arm and the 2nd missile launcher on his back plus fixed some of the colors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FT needs to clean up the mess that is in between the doors and the back cab. That cab looks way to big but maybe that is needed to store some of the robot parts, if that is the case make the window bigger or add and 2nd smaller window along the top.

I like the MMC truck the best so far and the running boards are a wonderful touch the Badcube truck is not that bad either.

Most fans like myself have been calling this out for a while now and seems kinda obvious when you look at it. As the available characters that have yet to be made shrink you are going to get this head to head competition. Heck in few years time fans will be saying Takara is trying to eliminate the 3rd parties by releasing the same figures when in reality the list of characters not done just forces that competition.

Nice work, chrome not that hard to do, heck if I had more time I'd try a digibash myself.

All in all it's nice to see some Trailbreaker's finally as I had personally been waiting a long time to see some new TB's on the market as he always seemed to get the cold shoulder from Hasbro and Takara. Shame that this hadn't happened a couple of years ago, heck maybe a year ago as I probably would have pre-ordered every single one of them. Unfortunately I'm done with the TF collecting for the near future.

7. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

agreed... but as FT doesn't have any aspects i hate (at least in bot form) and seems to pull in all the key aesthetics (for my old man eyes), im leaning towards this version...

8. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Funny. Preorder at TCP says May 2017.

9. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

This simply isn't true. I happen to know for a fact that Outrider has been in the works since before any of other companies revealed their trailbreaker figures. They didn't just whip this up in a matter of weeks.

10. Tober

Tober Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang it Fans Toys, where were you during the Sunstreaker wars when we needed you?!

And please do Jazz soon. The options for that so far are also dire. ;) 

Cliffjumper too...

11. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Final release, but not retail. I guess that's what Dalianjj is referring to.

12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Here is what Dalianjj was replying to...

13. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Grazi muy mucho for the clarif. :thumb 

14. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

15. kvazimorda

kvazimorda Innocent

Ebay:
    this

16. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I still think I want to go with Badcube's releases here, which is very unlike me. I'm usually all over Fanstoys' stuff above all others.

17. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

I don't know how someone could like those legs on BC, man. Oof. They're a mess. #diffrentstrokesdiffrentfolks

I guess one point to make is that, for example, MMC is bound to release theirs in the next month or two. Now, true, we don't know how long Jess was working on it in their pipeline but there is a track record of FT putting out hints or 'revealing their hand' after other people have.
    Then, their release schedule tends to be a bit lengthy compared to how early they open pre-orders. I've had pre-orders for 10-12 months before the toy shipped. I think that's the biggest complaint. All these companies open up pre-orders waaay too early trying to get people on board or locked in. It should only be 2-3 months ahead of time - not 6+.

18. 0ursisthefury

0ursisthefury Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever happened to early bird pricing? There is no incentive to preorder any of these..

19. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I see a few asking for Jazz, but MT already declared they are making one, and I think maybe MMC has intentions too (though I could be wrong, think I have seen some comments on that), so you are covered there. I think it is also more likely Takara does Mirage / Jazz before Trailbraker no (for those that prefer official)?

In any case, hoping for Arcee war next instead of Jazz.

20. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

Mhhh. Looks good, but the chest and the legs are a bit elongated (a la MP Ironhide) so the proportions are a bit off for me (but it will look good with the van brothers and Hot Rod, same "strange" proportions).

The alt mode is a bit weak. The big caravan thing could be just a design choice, but those hinges are an eyesore. I'm probably spoiled by Mmc and BC's alt modes. Finish will be top notch, I guess.

I still prefer MMC... But they are all good so it is becoming... boring instead of exciting...